• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana of choice and why.....

Lizzards

Mouseketeer
Hello all! Was hoping to get some opinions and thoughts on your favorite cabanas on CC. It will be our first cruise and first time to CC, so I am hoping to book a cabana for us. We are two families of four, so eight people total. Staying in conceirge so I think I understand how to get it booked. Just wondering which cabanas people like and why? What has good access to bathrooms,great views, etc? Thanks for your thoughts!

We were fortunate enough to get a cabana a few years back, #17. It was towards the back so the pro was it was rather quiet and secluded. The con was it was farther from all of the amenities. If I had my my choice I would like a lower number like 3 or so. But it wasn't terrible being in the back cabanas since you are golf carted if you want.

We had #10 in 2011. It was only a few minutes walk to the bathrooms and food. You can't go wrong with any of of them.

We have stayed in #4 and #3. I like being close to Cookies II and that side of the beach. I would be satisfied with any of the Cabanas on the family beach (don't know about the newest ones), but will be trying for #3 to #6 on our cruise next May.

We have had cabana #15 and really liked it. I always ask for the highest number available because it's a bit more secluded and quiet.

We've had 20 and 21 on SB. Love #21. About as secluded as you can get on the island.

How likely is it to get a family beach cabana if you're only silver and on the Fantasy?

We're traveling for the first time with the grandparents and they would enjoy CC so much more with a cabana. FIL has some health issues. This is likely their only cruise and something MIL has been dreaming of literally for years. They left me in charge to plan it and I want to make it the trip of their dreams.

We had cabana 6 on the family beach last May & loved the location!

How likely is it to get a family beach cabana if you're only silver and on the Fantasy?

We're traveling for the first time with the grandparents and they would enjoy CC so much more with a cabana. FIL has some health issues. This is likely their only cruise and something MIL has been dreaming of literally for years. They left me in charge to plan it and I want to make it the trip of their dreams.
When I checked in a couple of weeks ago as a Silver for our Jan 2 cruise there were two available, but on SB.

We have had Cabana 2 and Cabana 3. We have liked these locations because we have been with older people and like that it is only a short walk to the restrooms for them and a short walk back to the cabana with lunch from Cookies II. If it was just us, a cabana a little further down wouldn't be too bad. I don't know that I would want to be all the way down by 17.

We had cabana #2 in Sept. We are just a family of 4 traveling with a 2 and 4 year old. We wanted to be close to the amenities, particularly the restrooms for our 4 year old. It was also nice for the little ones to see other people splashing and playing and be close to food. It stormed for about an hour when we were there in Sept and we definitely loved the shelter! Can't wait to do it again in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter