Cabana Bay or Hard Rock

cottoncandyluva

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I just started pricing our vacation for next year and I'm trying to decide between the Cabana Bay Resort or the Hard Rock. The price for Cabana Bay (suite and 2-day express pass) is around $1250, the price for Hard Rock club level with a rollaway is around $1450. Which would you choose and why?

I need 3 beds because the teens are opposite sex and I don't want to share a bed with my niece lol. We plan to visit after our Disney cruise in late August.

HRH no question. Proximity to the parks and city walk, unlimited express, club level, deluxe vs value.

You can get the deluxe room at HRH. It has 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa and the room is a little larger than the standard/club level room. I have 17 year old boy/girl twins and need separate beds for them. We've stayed in the deluxe room several times. Also, if you don't need club level, that would bring the HRH price closer to Canana Bay. I priced out those 2 resorts for Columbus Day weekend 2016 and Cabana Bay comes out to more money per day than HRH because we'd need 4 express passes.

for $200 more and you are staying club....no contest. We are Loews you first members so we stay at Portofino or Royal but have stayed at all 4 properties. We did a couple of non park days at cabana bay and really enjoyed the hotel. That being said, the deluxe a are so much more relaxing and enjoyable. Real restaurants and no food court is another major difference. I can't stand the food court crowds etc at cabana or wdw.

If the difference between Cabana Bay and club at HRH is $200, I'd definitely go for staying club at a deluxe.

You can get the deluxe room at HRH. It has 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa and the room is a little larger than the standard/club level room. I have 17 year old boy/girl twins and need separate beds for them. We've stayed in the deluxe room several times. Also, if you don't need club level, that would bring the HRH price closer to Canana Bay. I priced out those 2 resorts for Columbus Day weekend 2016 and Cabana Bay comes out to more money per day than HRH because we'd need 4 express passes.

for $200 more and you are staying club....no contest. We are Loews you first members so we stay at Portofino or Royal but have stayed at all 4 properties. We did a couple of non park days at cabana bay and really enjoyed the hotel. That being said, the deluxe a are so much more relaxing and enjoyable. Real restaurants and no food court is another major difference. I can't stand the food court crowds etc at cabana or wdw.

If the difference between Cabana Bay and club at HRH is $200, I'd definitely go for staying club at a deluxe.

Thanks for the help. I think I am going to just go ahead and book the Hard Rock. Cabana Bay looks like so much fun. My son and niece will be 15 and 16 at the time of travel and we are going right after our Disney cruise. I haven't been to Universal since the original King Kong was there:P

Have you considered that you can eat breakfast and supper in the club. They serve appetizer type foodl like chicken wings from 5 - 7. It changes each night. Breakfast is Danish, juice and coffee. Working this right may result in HRH being less expensive.

What are your dates?

Have you considered that you can eat breakfast and supper in the club. They serve appetizer type foodl like chicken wings from 5 - 7. It changes each night. Breakfast is Danish, juice and coffee. Working this right may result in HRH being less expensive.

My dates are August 16-18th. Yes, I have thought about the "free" food in the club, but I'm wondering if we are in the parks all day does it make sense to stay club level. My main concern is an extra bed lol.

I assume you are looking at a package, since room only prices don't add to that for 2 nights. Have you considered a deluxe room at HRH? It has 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. I really wouldn't bother with club.

Personally, I wouldn't do a package. Get your room separately, perhaps using an orbitz or cheaptickets discount code and then purchase your tickets through undercovertourist or mapleleaf tickets.

I assume you are looking at a package, since room only prices don't add to that for 2 nights. Have you considered a deluxe room at HRH? It has 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. I really wouldn't bother with club.

Personally, I wouldn't do a package. Get your room separately, perhaps using an orbitz or cheaptickets discount code and then purchase your tickets through undercovertourist or mapleleaf tickets.

Yes, I was looking at a package. I wasn't aware that I could purchase the room separately at a discounted rate. I assumed that would be the rate on every hotel website. Thanks!

I agree with Damo. We never do club because we just wouldn't utilize it. Not sure if your flying or driving but you could also use a twin air bed.

Just curious, was the package price of $1450 before or after tax?

The reason - HRH deluxe room 8/16 - 8/18 - $819 after tax
Undercover Tourist - 3 sets of 2 day park to park - $600 after tax (you get the 3rd day free if you have any time check in or check out day)

Total - $1419.

For $31 bucks, I would stay club.

If $1450 is really $1550 to $1575 after tax - I might save the $120+ and use it on better options and book separately as suggested above.

Just curious, was the package price of $1450 before or after tax?

The reason - HRH deluxe room 8/16 - 8/18 - $819 after tax
Undercover Tourist - 3 sets of 2 day park to park - $600 after tax (you get the 3rd day free if you have any time check in or check out day)

Total - $1419.

For $31 bucks, I would stay club.

If $1450 is really $1550 to $1575 after tax - I might save the $120+ and use it on better options and book separately as suggested above.

Thank you for this information. I just assumed the package prices on Universal's website would be the best price. Any chance of getting a "pin code" like Disney? I am learning a great deal on these boards.

Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter