Cabana Bay in November?

arthur06

DDC #689
We haven't been to Universal Studios in about 5 years, so a lot has changed.

We are flying down November 7 and staying 4 nights.

I can book Cabana Bay for 11/7-11/11 for $121.50 per night ($546.75 with taxes total)

Is that deal a good deal or will the lines be horrible and I am better off staying at a hotel that offers the express pass?

It will be myself, wife, 14, 8, 6 boys.

We are buying annual passes for this trip.

Thanks for the help.

With four nights you'll have plenty of time to see and do the parks and take time to enjoy Cabana Bay. We just returned from a July trip doing that same amount of time.

I think you'll be fine. As said above, the parks won't be as busy. We did this in February without Express Passes and had no problems. Also Cabana Bay is amazing- one of my favorite resorts!

x
Dora

I went that time last year. CBBR felt like I was the only one there. The parks were not crowded and almost walk on for everything.

Thanks for all the replies.

I was just wondering with the 11th being Veterans day if that would make the week busier then normal.

We are excited to try Universal and IOA, as it has been a while for us.

Any other trips/hints about CBBR?

I was looking at the Universal website and found that I can book Royal Pacific for an extra $50 per night (for the first two nights only).

I would then have Royal Pacific for 11/7-11/9 then move over to CBBR for 11/9-11/11.

This would allow me to have Express Passes on 7,8,9 which would make doing all our rides those days much easier. But I would lose the space in the room by staying at RPR instead of CBBR.

Would you move hotels after 2 nights? I guess the loss of space makes me nervous.

I guess it all depends if you mind moving hotels or not. As someone previously said, November typically isn't as busy so wait times at Universal may not be that bad. However for only a difference in price of $50.00 for those first two evenings...I might be semi tempted to move to take advantage of the Express Passes. However, I'm the sort of gal that tries to stay at more then one hotel every time I go because resorts are my thing. If you think the switch would be too much of a hassle then I honestly think staying put in the more spacious CBBR would be your better bet.

I can book RPR for $164 for Monday night. That would allow me to get express passes for 5 people for Monday and Tuesday?

That seems like the better option. I could also use the pool area at both resorts for both days?

Do people ever do this?

Any other trips/hints about CBBR?

Here's a quick tip..if staying at CBBR bring your own intertubes etc for the lazy river. This saves you from having to buy at the resort (which obviously have a huge mark-up) and makes it easier to identify which tube is yours.

x
Dora

Thank you for creating this thread. I'm also thinking of going that same week in November. Are Cabana Bay guests allowed to pool hop over to the other 3 resort pools? I know the 3 deluxe resorts are allowed to pool hop, but I'm not quite sure if Cabana Bay is also included. How does it work anyways? Do you just use your hotel key card to open the gate, and does that card open up the other gates at the other hotels as well?

don't know if the policy has changed but last year you had to go to the lobby counter at Cbay first
showed your deluxe hotel key and you would then get a card that opened the gates for Cbay pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter