• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay, Do you feel it's worth it?

What is your favorite On-Site Hotel

• Loews Portifino Bay

• Loews Royal Pacific

• Hard Rock Hotel

• Cabana Bay

• Off-Site

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow! I had no idea that ticket existed. When did they start offering that?

We learned about this our first visit in 2010. We were staying at WDWR
and went for a day to universal to check it out. I didnt realize that the park was that big; so we did the park to park and paid 280.00 for the unlimited pass for both sides for the day. It was in June so the water rides were long, we went on the jurassic adventure about 4 times in a row and people werent even moving. Well worth it with a child who was 8 years old.

We stayed at Cabana Bay for 4 nights over Easter, before our Disney cruise. I posted a quick review this morning, with pics.

First, I want to answer that we found the theme to be fun, creative, and not an eye sore in the least. I love how judgmental people can be from a distance ;) I think that Universal outdid the Disney value resorts with this one for sure!

Second, as for the Unlimited Express... you can purchase it separately, as was pointed out by others. I did not make my decision on which hotel I would stay at based on something that I could add on to my vacation. I respect others who feel that the Deluxe hotels are the best choice for them and their families. I just want it known that you CAN HAVE Unlimited Express (yes, you do have to pay for it, but we all know you really DO pay for it in the Deluxe prices) and stay at Cabana Bay, if you feel it is the right choice for your family.

Third, according to the Loews website, pool hopping and using the amenities at their other Universal hotels IS allowed. We didn't do this, however, because we were too busy enjoying the parks. The weather wasn't the best for pool use, either.

My family would love to return to Cabana Bay for another stay, probably will after WWOHP is expanded!

Please feel free to check out my post!

We stayed at Cabana Bay for 4 nights over Easter, before our Disney cruise. I posted a quick review this morning, with pics.

First, I want to answer that we found the theme to be fun, creative, and not an eye sore in the least. I love how judgmental people can be from a distance ;) I think that Universal outdid the Disney value resorts with this one for sure!

Second, as for the Unlimited Express... you can purchase it separately, as was pointed out by others. I did not make my decision on which hotel I would stay at based on something that I could add on to my vacation. I respect others who feel that the Deluxe hotels are the best choice for them and their families. I just want it known that you CAN HAVE Unlimited Express (yes, you do have to pay for it, but we all know you really DO pay for it in the Deluxe prices) and stay at Cabana Bay, if you feel it is the right choice for your family.

Third, according to the Loews website, pool hopping and using the amenities at their other Universal hotels IS allowed. We didn't do this, however, because we were too busy enjoying the parks. The weather wasn't the best for pool use, either.

My family would love to return to Cabana Bay for another stay, probably will after WWOHP is expanded!

Please feel free to check out my post!

Thank you for sharing! I will make sure to check out your review! I agree regarding the Unlimited Express pass and its all about personal choice. :goodvibes

What is the difference between the Courtyard and the Tower rooms?

Courtyard is exterior halls, Tower is interior halls.

Courtyard is around the pool and Tower is around the lazy river.

Courtyard is low rise and Tower is highrise.

What is the difference between the Courtyard and the Tower rooms?

The Tower won't be finished until summer, so I am not 100% sure. But from the website, I thought that the Tower is where the standard rooms are. There will also be family suites in the Tower as well, but I don't think the Courtyard has any standard rooms.

The Courtyard is 3 buildings, 4 stories tall, surrounding the first pool, with the Dive Tower slide. There aren't any inside corridors, the buildings are like a motel set up. There are elevators.

The Towers will be 2 buildings, I think about 7 stories tall, surrounding another pool and lazy river. These buildings have indoor corridors, no balconies that I could see.

We've stayed at Royal Pacific twice and booked Cabana Bay for our December trip. I absolutely love the theming -- it's my childhood relived :goodvibes We don't ride many of the popular rides and just like the attractions and the Harry Potter Parks (where EP doesn't qualify for). We will still get the early opening and that's fine with us. My only concern is not being able to walk directly to the park entrance and having to depend on their bus.

Looking forward to any reports on the resort, transportation and restaurants.

We've stayed at Royal Pacific twice and booked Cabana Bay for our December trip. I absolutely love the theming -- it's my childhood relived :goodvibes We don't ride many of the popular rides and just like the attractions and the Harry Potter Parks (where EP doesn't qualify for). We will still get the early opening and that's fine with us. My only concern is not being able to walk directly to the park entrance and having to depend on their bus.

I know what you mean about having to depend on transport but, all reports I`ve read/heard all say the buses were excellent and frequent ::yes::

I know what you mean about having to depend on transport but, all reports I`ve read/heard all say the buses were excellent and frequent ::yes::

I just got off the phone with Universal and found out that there IS a walking path to the parks. They will be improving upon it and when it is finished by the end of the year, it is supposed to be beautiful. he walk from Royal Pacific is 15-20 minutes; the walk from Cabana Bay will be 20-25 minutes.

However, disappointed to find out that they will only be providing ONE bus at a time departing the resort on early opening days. So if it fills up, you have to wait for the next one, and they run every 15-20 minutes. :worried: Looks like we'll be walking :thumbsup2

I just got off the phone with Universal and found out that there IS a walking path to the parks. They will be improving upon it and when it is finished by the end of the year, it is supposed to be beautiful. he walk from Royal Pacific is 15-20 minutes; the walk from Cabana Bay will be 20-25 minutes.

However, disappointed to find out that they will only be providing ONE bus at a time departing the resort on early opening days. So if it fills up, you have to wait for the next one, and they run every 15-20 minutes. :worried: Looks like we'll be walking :thumbsup2

I would walk :thumbsup2

We usually walk from the RPR to the parks and takes us maximum 10 minutes from Tower 3.......sometimes takes us longer coming back if we`ve been marching around the parks all day :)

Reports have been that they are running pretty continuously right now, one bus after another and that people don't seem to be waiting at all.

Reports have been that they are running pretty continuously right now, one bus after another and that people don't seem to be waiting at all.

That's awesome -- hope they keep that schedule :thumbsup2

We stayed at Cabana Bay one night before starting our 4 night stay at RPR.

We knew we wouldn't be getting into Orlando until late afternoon, so we thought this would be a great time to try out the resort since we wouldn't be going to the parks that night.

We all thought it was a lot of fun! Tons of things for the kids to do - bean bags, hula hoop, ping pong etc.

Everything was clean and room was fine. Probably too small for six of us for a long stay, but for one or two nights no problem. Food court was good.
All staff were super friendly and helpful.

Only negative (as others have mentioned) was the small bathroom - no fan and not soundproofed well.

We would definitely go back for a one or two night stay. We like FOTL too much to stay there for the whole trip. We might even stay there one night before we start our Disney vacation in August.

We stayed at Cabana Bay one night before starting our 4 night stay at RPR.

We knew we wouldn't be getting into Orlando until late afternoon, so we thought this would be a great time to try out the resort since we wouldn't be going to the parks that night.

We all thought it was a lot of fun! Tons of things for the kids to do - bean bags, hula hoop, ping pong etc.

Everything was clean and room was fine. Probably too small for six of us for a long stay, but for one or two nights no problem. Food court was good.
All staff were super friendly and helpful.

Only negative (as others have mentioned) was the small bathroom - no fan and not soundproofed well.

We would definitely go back for a one or two night stay. We like FOTL too much to stay there for the whole trip. We might even stay there one night before we start our Disney vacation in August.

I know it's probably obvious, but what is FOTL?

:confused3

When we were there over Easter, the bus was always either waiting for us, or just pulling up. This was both at the hotel for early entry, and at the parks heading back. Once when we were coming back and could see the bus down below, we were sad to see that it looked like it was pulling away. One minute later, when we got down to the bus area, there was already another one there! We NEVER waited, and we went back and forth several times over 4 days. :)

We're the beds real firm? I read that they were really hard. My DH has a bad back and I think the bed would bother his back if it's too firm. We're going in Sept. I might have to change resorts. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter