• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay and unlimited express pass

TwoRoos

Mouseketeer
If staying at Cabana Bay, can you buy the unlimited express pass that you get free at the other resorts? It looks like to me I can, but I'm seeing different categories and dates. Do I just pick the first day of the trip in the date section and then the pass is good for the length of the ticket? It's cheaper on my day one than days two and three.

The Unlimited Express Pass can be purchased, but it is date specific, not length of stay. So, if you buy it for day one, it is only good for that day. Might still be the better deal if you arrive that day early enough to take full advantage.

So if I want the unlimited express pass for three days (March 29-31), then I have to buy it for three days? I'm buying a three day ticket. I thought if I put in the March 29th date on my three day ticket that I was getting the unlimited express for March 29-31.

Are you trying to book a package (hotel and tickets in one go) ?

Universal's website is rather strange when prices differ between days
In the activities tab you can't add a 3 days with express if all the express days are not at the same price

The workaround is to book the hotel as room only and then buy standalone tickets + unlimited express
There might be another way but I've played around with the site and it's rather complicated when you stay overlaps on different pricing periods

So if I want the unlimited express pass for three days (March 29-31), then I have to buy it for three days? I'm buying a three day ticket. I thought if I put in the March 29th date on my three day ticket that I was getting the unlimited express for March 29-31.
If you want unlimited EP for three days, you have to purchase separately for each of the three days.

Have to buy it per person per day. That's why one of the deluxe hotels is often a better deal, especially if you have several people. The time you're going is a very expensive time so CBBR + EP may still be less.

We considered doing this because we really wanted to stay at Cabana Bay. We are going at a similar time period as you 3/22-3/25. Even with it being just two of us, we saved money staying at Royal Pacific Resort and having the Express Pass included... for three days, just the tickets + 3 days of EP was over $1000!

You can purchase the combined ticket and unlimited express pass. It is WAY cheaper doing it this way.

https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store/PurchaseTickets.aspx?VIP

It would be $354.99 if you buy the buy 2 get 1 free ticket plus express. That gives you 3 days of express. It says valid any three days from March 29 - April 11.

It is pretty simple to figure out on the website. I'm not sure why there is such confusion here. Just click on the ticket you want and then a calendar will come up where you click on the first day you are going to use the tickets and it will highlight three days and give you the price.

Then you add it to your cart. At the end it will come up with price included taxes which is $378.07

If you do it separately, it would cost $389 + tax for just the express passes and then over $200 for the ticket.

Last edited:
You can purchase the combined ticket and unlimited express pass. It is WAY cheaper doing it this way.

https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store/PurchaseTickets.aspx?VIP

It would be $354.99 if you buy the buy 2 get 1 free ticket plus express. That gives you 3 days of express. It says valid any three days from March 29 - April 11.

It is pretty simple to figure out on the website. I'm not sure why there is such confusion here. Just click on the ticket you want and then a calendar will come up where you click on the first day you are going to use the tickets and it will highlight three days and give you the price.

Then you add it to your cart. At the end it will come up with price included taxes which is $378.07

If you do it separately, it would cost $389 + tax for just the express passes and then over $200 for the ticket.

Oh wow! Wish I had known this before I booked everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter