cab ride to grocery store

tdurcak

Earning My Ears
How much is a cab from Pop Century to the grocery store?
Which store is the best?

If you go to the store please avoid Goody's. We got bugs in macaroni there, and they are also very overpriced. Publix is my favorite, but they also have Walmart in the area.
I have no idea how much a cab ride is, but if you want to avoid making the trip yourself many people use a delivery service like Garden Grocer. You just go to their website, make your selections, and they deliver the stuff right to your room!

I am from outside the USA, so going to the supermarket for me is part of the fun, so I would like to know if its easier to get a cab from downtown Disney to a Grocery market, or take a Cab from AKL to Wallmart? has someone done that?

:goodvibes

I have never taken a cab, but I think if you ask at the front desk of your hotel they will call a cab for you. Make sure you get the number so you can call again fromt he store for a ride back.

There's a Publix not very far from Pop Century and very easy to get to. A cab ride shouldn't cost you more than $15. I know from experience that a ride from the Boardwalk to an offsite hotel beyond this Publix was $20 so $15 is probably a bit high.

Have the front desk or guest services or whoever at Pop Century call you a cab and then tell the driver you want to go to the Publix at Xentury City at Highway 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway) and International Drive South.

I am from outside the USA, so going to the supermarket for me is part of the fun, so I would like to know if its easier to get a cab from downtown Disney to a Grocery market, or take a Cab from AKL to Wallmart? has someone done that?

:goodvibes

You can take a cab out the Sherberth Rd. exit and there is for sure a Super Target there. Someone else said there is a Super Walmart also? And a Publix grocery store.

Not sure if Pop Century is close to AKL, but that is an option, too.

Have you considered ordering your groceries online? We used to go to the store but now prefer to just order everything from Garden Grocer and have them deliver it to the resort. Saves us time -- and will def. save $$$ over a cab to the store, IMO. I really just prefer it since it frees up more time for us to spend relaxing or playing in the parks.

Just thought I'd add this in case you hadn't considered this as an option.;)

There is a Super Target about 5 minutes from AKL, shouldn't be too far from POP!

There is a shopping plaza just down the road from Downtown Disney called Crossroads which has a supermarket. When I head out to the World in May, it will be my first time staying on property (In POP)- I was intending on getting a cab from Downtown Disney to Crossroads. I looked the directions up on google to get an idea of how much it would cost- which said it would take about 2 minutes to get to by car. It's not far at all :)

Actually, the Crossroads Shopping Center is close enough to walk to from Downtown Disney. Look for Hotel Plaza Boulevard, across the road from the Marketplace bus stop; the shopping center is a straight shot down the Boulevard.

I would get the phone number for a cab service, bring it with me and call for a ride back from the shopping center, so I wouldn't have to carry my purchases.

There is a shopping plaza just down the road from Downtown Disney called Crossroads which has a supermarket. When I head out to the World in May, it will be my first time staying on property (In POP)- I was intending on getting a cab from Downtown Disney to Crossroads. I looked the directions up on google to get an idea of how much it would cost- which said it would take about 2 minutes to get to by car. It's not far at all :)

The grocery store at the Crossroads is called Goodings, and it's overpriced with not the best quality of food. When you reach the Crossroads, if you go left, there is a Winn-Dixie, and if you go right, there is a Super WalMart; both are much better choices than Goodings. Try a search and see what others think, but most repeat shoppers won't go to Goodings!

The grocery store at the Crossroads is called Goodings, and it's overpriced with not the best quality of food. When you reach the Crossroads, if you go left, there is a Winn-Dixie, and if you go right, there is a Super WalMart; both are much better choices than Goodings. Try a search and see what others think, but most repeat shoppers won't go to Goodings!

I will admit I haven't been to Crossroads since my trip in 2004- it's just the only one I remember that is near to Downtown Disney! But It's good to know that their are other supermarkets nearby :) Thanks!

Be careful too on how much food you buy. I think many times we overestimate how much food we will eat in our rooms. We brought breakfast food items and ate breakfast in our room every day. (Canned fruit, granola bars....) Then we brought lemonade mix. That way we didn't have to buy any water. We just used the water from the sink. Once you mix it with the lemonade you can't taste the water, BUT we are not picky water drinkers. At the parks we just drank the free water.

Then get the refillable mugs.

Unless you are planning on eating in the rooms for lunch or dinner, you really do not need more snacks, especially when it is hot.

Most likely you will be eating dinner a bit later than usually so you won't need bedtime snacks, except something to drink, and everyone will be sound asleep so quickly.

Just something to keep in mind.

In 2008 it cost my husband $21.00 to get a cab from the Pop Century to the Winn Dixie by Downtown Disney. He remembers this but can never remember where he puts his keys!!!

we just got back from a week at PO French Quarter. we took a taxi to the closest Publix and it was $20 there and $25 back. we were not happy about it (felt violated!). not sure where that is in relation to Pop Century, but i'm not sure it matters as we're relatively certain that the drivers didn't take the most direct route!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter