Cab fare to airport?

Choogie

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know approximate cab fare from the Boardwalk Hotel to the airport?

Thanks in advance!

I though i read $30 somewhere. I could be wrong though. You might check some of the ground transportation companies' websites - they usually have that listed. Also, Edd might be able to help - as he's got the skinny on that kind of info.

It'll be more like $50 or $55 or so + tip.

Is there a reason you prefer to pay for a taxi versus using the free Disney's Magical Express motorcoach service?

My friend's flight is at 7:00, so that would be too early for Magical Express, right? They pick up 3 hrs. before flight, and don't open til 5:00 a.m.

Wow, $50? Do you have an alternative idea? The Mears bus might be similar to ME.

My friend's flight is at 7:00, so that would be too early for Magical Express, right? They pick up 3 hrs. before flight, and don't open til 5:00 a.m.

Wow, $50? Do you have an alternative idea? The Mears bus might be similar to ME.
I'm very happy to tell you that ... you're wrong! party:

DME is a 24/7 operation. The thing that doesn't open 'til 5 a.m. is the Resort Airline Check-in desk. RAC is a separate service from DME. It is true that your friend won't be eligible to use Resort Airline Check-in ... but that's a pretty unimportant thing. RAC gets people their boarding passes and allows them to check their luggage at the hotel rather than bringing it to the airport. So if you can't use RAC, you take your luggage to the DME bus, and at the airport you bring it to your airline's ticket counter or use your airline's curbside check-in ... just like you do at your home airport.

Your assigned DME bus time will be about 3 hours prior to flight time, plus or minus 15 minutes. Like I said, DME never closes, there's no such thing as a flight (arrival or departure) that DME won't provide service for. Your friend will be assigned a bus pick-up time somewhere between 3:45 - 4:15 a.m.

I've never been so happy to tell someone they are wrong.:rotfl:

Or you can pick up a car at the Dolphin nextdoor - through Alamo or National - the day beforehand. That is if you want some flexibility - you can rent it there to return to the airport. Sometimes it's less. I do that coming in - I got a car for $30 picking up at MCO and returning to the Dolphin for the 14th of March (plus tax, it's $40). That way we can stop a couple of places on our way for snacks and stuff.

I say the day before, because I don't think they open very early there. I don't know if there is a fee for self parking at the Boardwalk. Last time we had a car there we stayed at the villas, and they didn't charge us for 10 days of valet parking. I think they either forgot or thought we owned DVC.

Honestly, the most convenient way is really to arrange a towncar or take a cab. You won't have to leave so early as ME. It's worth the $50 plus to me. You can check out the car services (the one I particularly like I can't post the name of here). It's not the cheapest option, but we took ME once and it wasn't our cup of tea.

Thanks CleveRocks, for enlightening me. I'm glad you told me I was wrong too. Didn't know they serviced round the clock. Very helpful info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter