• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cab costs between resorts?

NauroraJbelle

Earning My Ears
We are going to AK then going to Boma for dinner. We will of course take transport from AK to AKL but when we are through with dinner to get back to ASMovies I thought that the 4 of us(2adults 2-5 yos)would take a cab. To take transport we would at that time have to go to where? DTD or? and transfer buses. Dh heard from someone at work who just returned from WDW that it would cost $50.00 to due something like this. That you are charged per person plus the destination fee. Does anyone have any idea what the cost would be approximately? Those 2 resorts are so close!! I just don't want to spend 45 minutes in a bus if we don't have to.

Thanks,
Jeanne

I haven't travelled from AKL to any hotel but did take a taxi from Epcot to Pop and from Pop to Poly and from CSR to Pop and each time it was only between 10-15 plus tip. That was for a family of 5. If you use the taxi's located on disney property they are all the same company (I beleive) and regulated. The rate is listed right on the outside of the taxi.

I find it HIGHLY unlikely that it would cost $50 per trip

We have taken several cabs over the years from one Disney resort to another. The most it has ever been was about $10, including the tip. Now, if you are taking a cab from Disney over to the Universal properties you might expect a cab fare of around $50.

I wouldn't hesitate to take a cab...it's SO much faster! Have a great trip!

--dizneyfan

I don't hesitate to use a cab, it saves so much time. I've always been charged a minimum flat rate and per mile charge. No additional amount for number of passengers. Last trip I took cabs was Dec. 2006. POLY to POR was $13 via one route (road Fort Wilderness Resort is on) and $17 via another route (WDW signs to get to POR)..I was going to say something to the 2nd driver, but I figured he was following the signs :) ... The year before I had a cab ride from Celebration Hospital to POR and that was $17 (I was surprised at how cheap it was). These amounts do not include tip. I know gas prices have gone up but $50 from AKL to CSR is highly unlikely, even if the driver follows the signs! Usually there are cabs lined up at the resorts or you can ask the valet to call one for you.

Also, 45 minutes to transfer from AKL to DD to ASMo is if you don't have to wait long for any bus. Its taken me over 1 1/2 hr from AKL to DD to GF because our timing wasn't good. Good luck!

All Stars is in the AK area, so it should cost you less than $10. The most we were charged was to go from BC to POFQ and it was still only $13.

We took a cab for Contemprary to ASM after our Chef Mickey's dinner and it was $18.00 with tip

We have taken a cab from both CSR to Poly ( Dec. 2006) and from CBR to Poly (Dec. 2007) -- both times the fare was $13 and some change -- we just paid with a $20 to include for a tip for a very humorous and entertaining ride both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter