Cab cost MCO to akl?

disneymania10

Mouseketeer
Anyone take a cab from mco to akl and can tell me approximate cost? Hard to get a cab? We debate about waiting for magical express to get to the hotel. How long does ME take from mco to hotel approximately?

The DME ride is about 30 minutes - depending on what other resorts you might stop at before AKL. You can take a cab, but the cost will be (I think) about $75 or more. We've usually had no more than a 25 minute wait (and often far less) for DME after checking in at the desk followed by the 30 minute ride. The cab ride would also be about 30 minutes, plus any time spent getting the cab. They are plentiful, so it's not a big deal to hail a cab but it will depend on when your flight arrives too.

You might save up to a half hour by getting a cab.

If you are concerned with travel time, be sure to factor in waiting-for-luggage time. If you take a cab and checked bags, you have to pick them up first. That offsets some of the time difference between ME and cab.

We took a cab from DTD to AKV-Jambo and it was $18 plus tip!
I believe you have to pay tolls for the cab ride also.

I've never had issues with ME, not even after midnight, that I would pay that much for a cab ride. ME has always dropped us off in under an hour and often times we are the last resort stop at BLT and AKV.

Another option that is in between both is to rent a car at Alamo and National, then return it to the Disney car care center the next day. That is usually in the $50 - $60 dollar range, and would allow you to go to the grocery store before you return the car. It is very convenient, and they will shuttle you back to the hotel from the car car center.

When I took DME to BCV, we stopped at AKL first. With the extra length of time waiting for your luggage if you go with a taxi, my recommendation is to just stick with the DME.

I was wondering this too. My 17 YO son is returning home before me & DH, so he will be eligable for ME, but ours won't be good until WE go home! :headache: I hate spending the $, but I don't want DS to go to MCO on his own.

Your son can have a separate ME trip to meet his needs. I rather have a child use DME than take a cab. When you set up DME, just let tham know that one of your guests has a different return flight than the others and it will be set up that way.

Once we started having college kids, they often had to bow to a different schedule. Both my sons have had differently scheduled DME arrivals and/or departures with no problem at all. They've arrived a day late or left a day early. We drove, they flew. We flew one airline, one of them had to fly a different one. No problems. MS can set it all up for you.

I was wondering this too. My 17 YO son is returning home before me & DH, so he will be eligable for ME, but ours won't be good until WE go home! :headache: I hate spending the $, but I don't want DS to go to MCO on his own.

I was nervous the first time one of the kids flew alone but with ME it was no problem. We did have the cell phones to keep in touch just in case they had a problem. If you want to see him safely through security I would do a one day car rental from dollar at the regal sun resort or alamo at the swan. Then you could also do some off site stuff like outlet shopping during the time you had the car if you plan it right for probably the same or less than a taxi.

I was nervous the first time one of the kids flew alone but with ME it was no problem. We did have the cell phones to keep in touch just in case they had a problem. If you want to see him safely through security I would do a one day car rental from dollar at the regal sun resort or alamo at the swan. Then you could also do some off site stuff like outlet shopping during the time you had the car if you plan it right for probably the same or less than a taxi.

Thanks, that might be an opition, as I really want to see him through security. His is JUST turning 17...I know, that's probably old enough, but it makes me nervous! We'll be at BWV, so the Swan's not far...

Our first choice is renting a car. If we don't need a car that trip, we take DME. You can't beat a free ride from the airport! Be aware though, that AKV can sometimes be the very last resort the bus gets to. The last time we took it to AKV, we waited 20 minutes for a bus, then spent an hour on it stopping at CSR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Jambo, and then finally Kidani. I honestly think they should stop at the higher end hotels before the value hotels, but I'm sure everyone else on the bus was happy.

I haven't taken a taxi in years, but it used to be around $45 one way.

The DME ride is about 30 minutes - depending on what other resorts you might stop at before AKL. You can take a cab, but the cost will be (I think) about $75 or more. We've usually had no more than a 25 minute wait (and often far less) for DME after checking in at the desk followed by the 30 minute ride. The cab ride would also be about 30 minutes, plus any time spent getting the cab. They are plentiful, so it's not a big deal to hail a cab but it will depend on when your flight arrives too.

You might save up to a half hour by getting a cab.

But then you may have to wait if you checked any luggage so it may be a wash.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter