• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CAA told if you need a passport for March break and havn't applied -DONT BOTHER,

disneyfan2

<font color=red>Dreaming about a Mouse<br><font co
TA advised the back log is so bad that people who don't have them already will not get them for March break. I am still waiting for mine and it has been 30 working days. So much for the 15 days i was told at the time of applying. Getting nervouse as i am leaving in 2 weeks!!!

I sent mine and my daughters away the middle of October. I got mine in about 3 1/2 weeks and I just got hers last friday! Everyone I talked to said theres nothing to be done, it didnt make it to Quebec, it might turn up, we're sorry. One lady said they are receiving thousands every day. Im sure they are working as hard as they can, but was I ever nervous!

On the TV news last night, a couple applied for emergency passports that were available in 48 hours. It cost $100 more. Just an FYI. S

TA advised the back log is so bad that people who don't have them already will not get them for March break. I am still waiting for mine and it has been 30 working days. So much for the 15 days i was told at the time of applying. Getting nervouse as i am leaving in 2 weeks!!!

I know this sounds weird, but that's too last minute. You're in the back-log of the last-minute rush that a million or so people jumped on in the last month.

I know this is going to raise a big stink but!

"[SIZE=-1]Poor Planning on Your Part Does Not Make an Emergency on My Part"

When MDW and I found out that the USA were going to impose this regulation we immiedalty got MDS (only 3) passport right away. When she did it she was in and out of the Passport office in less than 15 minutes and we had his passport in under 10 days.

If you can be sure to book your Disney Vacataion more than 180 days out to get your ADR then you can make sure your travel doc's are in order.

This is just my 2 cents.
[/SIZE]

this was just general information given by the passport office. I had applied for mine at the beginning of Dec but i wanted to forward this to anyone who was thinking of last minute vacations anywhere for March break, florida, mexico etc. That you will not get it on time. They said the emergency Passports need a valid reason to get it, and was doubtful a vacation was considered an emergency.

anyways, i will receive mine after 40 days of applying.! but just forwarn those who plan last minute vacations, to check first before booking!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and send a little PD your way :wizard: ... I hope that you'll get them in time. I know a couple of people here at work are in the same situation as you.

I've always travelled with a passport (even to the US) so I have a couple more years before mine expires.

Did you mail it in or go to the office? I went to the office 2 weeks ago for DS and paid a extra 10.00 to pick it up at the office and got it 2 weeks after I went to get to all done. I waited 2.5 hours mind you, but when I went to pick it up I was in and out in 5 minutes.

This is what they are saying here also. If you are going somewhere for March break and have not applied...do not bother....emergencies are considered for death, illness etc. lol The passport office even said a seat sale to Florida does not constitute as an emergency...:lmao: Gee I guess it depends on who your asking:rotfl: having that passport means you can take advantage of seat sales. We are now on the lookout for seat sales to Victoria this summer...got my west jet get set wooohoo:banana:

And you could always drive or drive-and-fly from a US airport. Which is done by a lot of folks anyway. :)

And you could always drive or drive-and-fly from a US airport. Which is done by a lot of folks anyway. :)

If you live in eastern Canada or on the west coast that is an option. Us canuckies on the prairies have to fly or drive. The closest US international airport is Missoula which is 450 miles away.:sad2:

If you live in eastern Canada or on the west coast that is an option. Us canuckies on the prairies have to fly or drive. The closest US international airport is Missoula which is 450 miles away.:sad2:
Sorry...I was guilty of thinking the world revolves around the two coasts. :headache: I hope everyone in the central provinces can get to their March break destinations safely--especially anyone waiting longer than expected for their passports.

On the TV news last night, a couple applied for emergency passports that were available in 48 hours. It cost $100 more. Just an FYI. S

I asked about this, and I was told you have to show your airplane tickets, and that they were purchased before Jan 23 (the cutoff date)

Apparently if you use the online application form, it only takes max 48 hours and when you go to the office to pick it up, you get to go to the FRONT of the line.........and not wait for hours and hours. Good luck....have fun!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter