CAA or not!

debbiet1

DIS Veteran
My husband and I were discussing whether we should get CAA or not. People have said that its great for discounts and they do great road maps for your trips but is it worth it in the long run? And what do you get the travel insurance or the regular auto insurance??

For us its very worth it for the money we save on trips!!!

First time at WDW we saved 400$ US with CAA!!!

Second time we saved 300$ US again with CAA!!!

And i'm not telling you about all the parks tikets we bought over the years for water parks, Canada's Wonderland etc...

And also, we always drive to WDW, so the tripkit is very helpfull.

And also every where we stop to sleep, we have a 10% discount on hotels rooms!!!!

So for us CAA is a must!;)

i use to think that if you book trip thru CAA you get free passport photos, but i contacted them and they said no, others said yes.

anyone know for sure? :confused3

we got our pics for free through CAA.

I swear by them, but we have been fortunate to get a great agent. We saved $350 USD our first trip, and $300 our second. We also had vehicle insurance on the way (since we drive), up to 15% discount on hotel rooms, triptik (including info books on each state), diamond parking, discount photos, discount souveniers, and discounts on meals at certain Downtown Disney restaurants.
Our agent responds to e-mails within 24 hours, calls about discounts, and is very helpful. We have sent at least a dozen people her way, even though it is a 90 minute drive to get to her office.

I love my membership.

I don't use Travel, since I seem to do better on my own, but the discounts, free maps and other perks have been very useful.

do you guys just have the basic membership for all that? I called this morning and they said they'd send me some information in the mail but that the basic membership was 86.03 including taxes

I've had the basic AMA/CAA membership as long as I've driven. I've found it invaluable! Aside from the travel savings, road maps, and guide books, I've also found insurance through them is generally alot cheaper than elsewhere.

On top of that, it's so nice to know that if my tire goes flat, or I break down on the side of the highway, help is a phone call away and generally won't cost me anything. This is especially helpful in the dead of winter, or when I'm dressed in business clothes for work. Have you ever tried to change a flat tire in high heels and a business skirt? Not fun!

my husband and i discussed it this afternoon i told him what everyone said and he said with the discounts and driving in the winter if anything happened it might be worth getting thanks everyone .. any other info or experiences would be greatly appreciated

I always get a membership in my name only--has come in handy for flat tires after Dis Meets:) I also use their travel services--we have a great agent there who always seems to get us a good deal--sometimes I search for information about the resorts and parks and have even taken in postcard codes that wouldn't work for our dates and she seems to get us a deal. She just got us All-Star Sports for $65. a night in August--when I checked the website it was way more than that. I have never had a problem with the CAA.:cheer2:

You may want to check the towing Km's on a basic membership. Each club is different but in my area a basic will only tow you 10km's. Not very far!! If you need to be towed farther than that you pay per km. The plus membership here is $35 more a year and includes up to 200km.

Good point, I up graded to gold after I started driving farther to work. I think in my area the towing was only for 10 or 15 kms.

We use AMA for trip tik, free travel books and maps, vacation packages, show your card and save, before we had 24 hour road side assistance we used it for towing, dead batteries, keys locked in car. Have used for travel insurance with package, incredible car rental deals ETC etc etc! We seem to have had trouble with knowledgeable travel agents however. Condsidering my recent GC booking that has not changed lol.

About a month ago I was driving with my three daughters back from my dad's house and my magic wagon died. I was never so glad I had my CAA membership. The tow -truck was there in about 15 minutes and I was 30 min. from home. I have the gold membership so it was towed to my mechanic for free.(unlimited towing) Not to mention I saved two hundred dollars on our room at Riverside this past Jan.

once you book a trip thru a travel agency if you get CAA before you completely pay for the trip can you get a CAA discount?

I believe you would have to book with CAA first. There are a few agents on this board, however I believe you might be able to transfer your booking but I am unsure about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter