CA Grill or Ohana for Turkey Day?

keypooh90

Bea Kissed Me
Has anyone dined at either California Grill or Ohana's for Turkey Day? We are trying to decide where to have our dinner. Any comments bad or good will be appreciated! Thanks again,
Keypooh90
:) :) :)

Anybody?? If not at these two restaurants, does anyone have any recommendations? We don't want to have Thanksgiving dinner in a park, though. Thanks

We went to California Grill last year for Thanksgiving "Dinner" at 5:30 p.m. For two of us, we spent $107!!!!

They have a VERY imited menu that day, $45/dinner... I did get the turkey dinner and my daughter, who doesn't like turkey, ordered goat cheese ravioli, because that's the only other thing that appealed to her. I had ice water and she had a tiny glass of soda and one small glass of house champagne. The salad was gross, i don't know what they did to it, but I couldn't eat it, the goat cheese pizza appetizer was good once I scraped the hunks of goat cheese off...I think the server was getting very frustrated with me, because I didn't eat a lot of the appetizer/salad, & didn't order a lot of drinks, etc.

We did have a window table and could see the Castle changing colors... Me?? I was still hungry, and my daughter was starving, so off to the MK we went for some food.

Our limo driver told us on the way back to the airport on Sunday, that he had gone to an all you can eat buffet and it was great!! If we went again at Thanksgiving, I'd definitely do the buffet, that seems like that's the way to go...

We stayed at the Polynesian, but never made it to O'Hana's, so I can't even comment on their menu.... I believe there is a menu posted for Thanksgiving day dinners somewhere, but I can't remember where I found it last year when I was researching everything.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.

As always with restaurant reviews you'll get very different opinions about the same restaurant. We went two years ago and had a GREAT meal. It was a prix fixe menu and the choices were limited. I had turkey and trimmings and DH had a beef dish. Sorry I don't remember out appetizer, salad choices but they don't stick out as being awful. They had one of the best desserts I've ever had. Pumpkin creme brulee with gingerbread. I'd have gone for that alone. We went later in the evening and it was CROWDED until the fireworks went off. We waited at the bar for a table, went outside for the fireworks and then people cleared out and we were seated and had a nice leisurely meal watching the lights from the MK and the lake. We loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter