Ca-Ching!$!$$!! 5 people in March

mouselovenfamily

DIS Veteran
Well looking to plan a trip for DH, myself, DS17 and two of his friends in March. Yikes!!! Priced all kinds of things and with out air yet we are looking at $4000.00 plus for 6 nights. Of coarse are are trying to go the best price but still have fun. Best logical answer, FW cabins, but inter bus transportation and the size of resort make us not like it to well. AOA or ASM are options but IF we would get FD, they are value and we have to do an upgrade. POR would be super tight and FW or AKL don't take 5...any other options I have not thought of?? Off property is not an option either...:sad2:

Look into renting DVC points and staying in a 2 bdrm. You'll want the space. Its less expensive then rack rates.

Last I heard, AAA members get 25% off FW cabins. So join AAA and rent a car if you want.

I personally think people make way too big a deal about the internal buses at FW. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for one. The bus stops are covered and have benches. Also figuring in the full kitchen could save you money on breakfasts etc. We love FW.

You could also rent DVC points for a 1 bedroom at AKV, BLT or OKW. All of these 1 bedrooms sleep 5. You could put the boys in the living area and you could have the master bedroom. OKW requires the least amount of points, but also only has 1 bathroom. The other 2 resorts have 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom.

Not sure of your exact dates, but OKW has 1BR villas available in March, and it would be worth a try to see if you could get the 25% AAA discount.

If so, it would come out to $62.50/night more than AoA suites, which could easily be made up by having simple breakfasts in your room. Full kitchen, more space, etc.

What about 2 value rooms? They are cheaper than a suite and at that age you could probably trust them to be in their own room at Disney World. You can request connecting rooms. They are not guaranteed but since you have 3 minors with you they will do their best to grant the request.

Look into renting DVC points and staying in a 2 bdrm. You'll want the space. Its less expensive then rack rates.

Last I heard, AAA members get 25% off FW cabins. So join AAA and rent a car if you want.

You could also rent DVC points for a 1 bedroom at AKV, BLT or OKW. All of these 1 bedrooms sleep 5. You could put the boys in the living area and you could have the master bedroom. OKW requires the least amount of points, but also only has 1 bathroom. The other 2 resorts have 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom.

We are hoping to get he dining plan and I know you can't do that with DVC. So we are exploring options at resorts that we can do the DP...so far.

Not sure of your exact dates, but OKW has 1BR villas available in March, and it would be worth a try to see if you could get the 25% AAA discount.

If so, it would come out to $62.50/night more than AoA suites, which could easily be made up by having simple breakfasts in your room. Full kitchen, more space, etc.

Space sounds nice!!

What about 2 value rooms? They are cheaper than a suite and at that age you could probably trust them to be in their own room at Disney World. You can request connecting rooms. They are not guaranteed but since you have 3 minors with you they will do their best to grant the request.

Two value rooms may be an option. I need to price it. Then we could just pay the dining upgrade.

I personally think people make way too big a deal about the internal buses at FW. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for one. The bus stops are covered and have benches. Also figuring in the full kitchen could save you money on breakfasts etc. We love FW.

This really sounds like a good plan but the guys are not sold on it. Is it forever to get to the pool and for the boys to get Cokes and snacks?? It seems like if your close to the pool your far from the busses...more walking and waiting or not so?? It just looks so spread out. :confused3

I thought you could add dining plan to DVC. Maybe I'm wrong?? For some reason I thought I read once that you could add it and not even have to buy tickets like you would with a regular reservation.

I thought you could add dining plan to DVC. Maybe I'm wrong?? For some reason I thought I read once that you could add it and not even have to buy tickets like you would with a regular reservation.

Yes, DVC reservations are eligible to purchase the DDP, and you are not required to buy park tickets
Salonga with it.

It must be paid in full when added to the reservation and must be added at least 48 hours before check in at the dvc resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter