C25K! Anyone else in?

W9D3 Complete!

I think I will keep doing day 3 for a couple more weeks untill I start my 1/2 marathon training.

Way to go spike! Congrats on completing the program.

I am on week 8 tomorrow...hoping my run is better than yesterday...I did it, but it was slow and I felt bleh....happy that i got it done though and did not stop to walk.

Back on board!! After kidlet injuries and 4 school start dates DD is finally off to pre-K so I get to run while everyone is in school.
I dropped all the kids off and booked straight over to the cross country course and did W1D1. It was so much easier then I thought it would be, stupid me trying to psych myself out of it.

The course was tough. The very first run was down a rocky downhill section so I think I'm going to reverse course Friday. But it was so peaceful in the woods, it was amazing!! I love autumn in New England so it was a great time for me to start.

DS14 and I have a goal of the Everest Challenge next summer. He had his first HS cross country meet yesterday and ran 3 miles in 26 minutes, his personal best so far. They train 6 days a week, so I have some catching up to do but I'll get there.

I should be on week three but I have decided to do week 2 again because I still have trouble with the full 90 second intervals, I know LAME! :rotfl:

O well at least I am still on it and I lost 4 pounds last week and I am actually enjoying it!:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I did it! Week 9 day 3 today. :cool1:

I was supposed to finish this weekend, but I life was too busy so I missed out. That was the first run I missed! This morning the weather was perfect, 59 and sunny, so nice I missed the prompt on my ipod for 1/2 way and didn't turn around. Ended up running a little extra and felt great.

On to Couch to 10k and training for the Princess 1/2!

Just stick with it and you will be successful.

I am rejoining! I finished this program once before but then for some reason fell off the wagon. I am back now and finished week 2 today. One issue is the gym has only 2 treadmills and 1 is broken so if I get there and it is in use I am SOL. Yes I know some people run outside but I don't like it and am not going to do it. Saturday I will start Week 3 again - week 2 was pretty simple this time around :thumbsup2

Just heard about this program last night. I was talking to a friend at church who runs marathons...
My question to her was...IF I decide to run a 1/2 marathon next Sept for my birthday at Disneyland, WOULD I be able to do it if:
a-I have never run before
b- start by walking and training now.

She suggested the C25K program. I looked it up in the apps store for my iphone. There are a couple of different ones so I don't know which to pick. Any suggestions on which on is better?

The one I got was ilke $2.99 or $3.99 - if that helps. There was also a bridge to 10 k by the same app writer

I am doing w6d3 tomorrow. Going great so far. Cant wait to get to Disney in Dec in better shape. Great to see C25K talked about on the boards. Anyone else still doing the program?

I am still doing it! I finished Week 5 yesterday and will be doing W6D1 tomorrow! Way to go! :cool1:

I'm new to this thread....
I did buy the app and hope to start week one soon. I also purchased the Nike + thing but had to take it back as my touch ipod is first generation and it will not work on that. Plus you have to have Nike shoes....which I don't. No problem taking it back to my Apple store. (just in time too before the mall fire yesterday! Some idiot set it on fire and we don't know when it will reopen. So many lost jobs now.)

I just have to get out and start now.....

so what is w6d1 and w6d3 mean....sorry for not knowing....just call me newbie...:confused3

So glad to see other still active in the program!! The C25K program is based on a 9 week program. 3 times a week. So w1d2 is week 1 day 2 run.

I'm new to this thread....
I did buy the app and hope to start week one soon. I also purchased the Nike + thing but had to take it back as my touch ipod is first generation and it will not work on that. Plus you have to have Nike shoes....which I don't. No problem taking it back to my Apple store. (just in time too before the mall fire yesterday! Some idiot set it on fire and we don't know when it will reopen. So many lost jobs now.)

I just have to get out and start now.....

so what is w6d1 and w6d3 mean....sorry for not knowing....just call me newbie...:confused3

You do not have to have Nike shoes. You can buy an attachment to use on other shoes.

Wish the apple people would have said that.

I had bought two of them, one for my DD who is using my old touch(which it will not work with I found out) and has Nike shoes and one for me with iphone 4 without Nike shoes. (it will work with my phone but they never said I could get some attachment)

I took them both back and got my money back...

Now our mall is closed for who knows how long because of the fire yesterday. (set by someone on drugs and destroyed up to 22 stores) From what they say the part with the Apple store should be ok but for now the mall has no re-opening date at all. (so sad for our area too, big loss of jobs and income to all) No Apple in my area other than that. Not driving to another town for that.

I will try it without the Nike thing for now...just need to get started is the key!

Just finished W6D2!! Now I am done with intervals and on to straight runs starting thursday! Wish me luck :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter