Bypassing the front desk at check-in

dcassetta

DIS Veteran
Posted this in the POR thread, but thought I would ask in the general thread also.

I wanted to ask what people's experiences have been with bypassing check-in with an arrival before noon. How early have you gotten the text/email that your room is ready?

I did everything to bypass check-in but never got a text and for that matter when we arrived to check in, they didn't have my online checkin info and we started from square one. Not sure I'd my experience was unique, but in my book it clearly needed more testing

I did get a text on Feb 21 when I checked in. I rec'd it at 11:51am. It said "Your resort room is ready. Your room number is 1437 4th Floor 50's Theme Building 1". I did park and go into the lobby and rec'd a map from a CM. When she gave me directions to my room I realized that I did not have a lake view (requested online). She directed me to the check in line to speak to someone at the desk to see if a lake view option was available. They were full for the weekend (Princess Marathon Weekend) but the CM was able to find a lake view room for me. A few minutes after I left the check in area with my updated room info, I rec'd another text with the updated room number and info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter