Bye bye toy story it's about time

I saw this on Scott's page as well. I love it when we get new shows. I wish they would update Villains Tonights jokes. Love the show but it is showing its age.

Well, I am very happy that I got to see Toy Story one last time on the Wonder last month and so happy to have eaten in Parrot Cay as well!!! Not a real fan of the new Carioca's. Loved being in Parrot Cay on the 2 week Panama Canal cruise.

Can't wait to see Tangled. Even though I LOVE the Disney villains (was Maleficent for Halloween) I do not like the Villains Tonight show. Just too cheesy and disjointed.

MJ

Op, I'm curious, you say the show is poorly done, can you elaborate on why/ which aspects?

Op, I'm curious, you say the show is poorly done, can you elaborate on why/ which aspects?

I can't speak to what the PP meant, but the issue we always seemed to encounter was that the show was subject to fairly frequent cancellation due to technical problems. I think for the most part it was very hard to stage and wound up being too complicated to be reliable.

Probably the only Disney show i've been underwhelmed by, I just didn't take to it. However i've only been on the Wonder once and I just put it down to a bit of an off night for the cast and crew, interesting that a few others seem to not care too much for it.

Anyway, exciting to see what might replace it.

"Sucks" doesn't help me, I'm interested in learning what specifically people do not like about the show. Anyone else can elaborate?
The first time we saw Toy Story, there was a "technical malfunction" causing the curtain to come down and a delay of about 10 minutes in the middle of the show.

The second time we saw it (2 months later), there was another "technical malfunction" again delaying the performance. Big issue for me is the character of Sid (usually done by a female cast member) and the shrieking, nails-on-chalkboard voice used by that character. Unfortunately, the second technical malfunction occurred during the song that Sid "sings" alone on stage. Or I shall say, shrieks and shrills onstage. And it took them a good 3-4 minutes to decide there was a problem, so Sid was out there "vamping" (repeating) until the curtain came down.

I find the pacing of the show itself, and the slow paced set changes just drag it down, making all the action seem slow and plodding.

I will admit - we did see it a third time (I was determined to see it until they got it right). Fortunately, it worked that time (10 months later). And the cast we saw in the first production was better than the subsequent casts. I could tell they were doing a better job at the actual acting/performing than the show (script) itself calls for.

We skipped Toy Story on our recent Wonder cruise, and I have no regrets doing so. I will not miss it.

Last edited:
I loved the Toy Story show. We've seen it 4 times and I always look forward to it. Perhaps it is such a favorite of ours because my son adores Woody and our first time we went he went dressed head to toe in a Woody costume sitting in the front row. Woody specifically pointed to him and sang part of his song looking right at him and it made his day. He was only two and still talks about it. Gosh....I love Disney!!!!!!

We didn't have any technical problems when we saw Toy Story. The first time we saw it we really liked the huge props, but the 2nd time we were annoyed by the Sid character (played by a girl.) She shrieked and screeched -- it was like fingernails on a blackboard.

I think the show is good besides the parts with Sid. It's a lot of shrieking and high notes and loud rock/metal. Besides the poorly written Sid parts and the sometimes slow nature of the show it's not bad. I much prefer it over Villains Tonight!, which personally is a disaster that could have been amazing.

When we were on the Wonder this summer, Toy Story is the one show we skipped. The first time I saw it, I just didn't care for it. I think it was Sid's part that turned us all off. As disprincess4ever mentioned, the shrieking and carrying on just didn't do it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter