• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bye, Bye Magic!

PortCanaveralwebcameApril10th201-1.png

PCMoving5pm4102010.png

PCMoving3.png

PCMoving4.png

PCMoving5.png

PCMoving6.png

PCMoving7.png

PCMoving8.png

PLEASE DO NOT RE QUOTE THESE PHOTOS.

Bye Bye Magic!!

"Why, don't you want them re quoted??"

Because repeating that many photos slows download times when you click on the thread and then you have to scroll through the same photos. Requoting reposts all the photos again and again as you can see from previous requotes.

"Why, don't you want them re quoted??"

Because repeating that many photos slows download times when you click on the thread and then you have to scroll through the same photos. Requoting reposts all the photos again and again as you can see from previous requotes.

And it *hits* the photobucket account x3(per photo ie 4>5), per thread view and they will switch it off if I exceed bandwidth.

Just a bit more than three months and we will actually be on the Magic again. Have a safe voyage across the Atlantic....

My parents are on that cruise and we are on the WB! I hope they and everyone on board have clear skies and smooth sailing.

Thanks for posting those pictures Andrew. I had completely forgotten that the Magic was leaving for Europe today (where is my head). It was great to see her pulling out like that! Can't wait to see her in Dover on June 24th!!!

Anyone know of any European webcams we can see the ship on her arrival? Or possibly other ports of call on the cruises?

:rolleyes1

:guilty::mad::guilty::mad: I am green with envy over those on board tht ship - have a BLAST all of you!!! We're so jealous!!!!

:yay:

And it *hits* the photobucket account x3(per photo ie 4>5), per thread view and they will switch it off if I exceed bandwidth.

Once it's been downloaded the first time, the user's browser should pull it from the cache for the additional views of the same photo.

Unless user's start quoting the photos to other threads, it shouldn't really affect your downloaded bandwidth.

That's great. I've seen two plams but never with the ship sailing by. Now I have an idea for a window of when to look it up
Cheers

Thanks for posting those pictures Andrew. I had completely forgotten that the Magic was leaving for Europe today (where is my head). It was great to see her pulling out like that! Can't wait to see her in Dover on June 24th!!!
:thumbsup2
Once it's been downloaded the first time, the user's browser should pull it from the cache for the additional views of the same photo.

Unless user's start quoting the photos to other threads, it shouldn't really affect your downloaded bandwidth.

Yes, but if its on one page say three times, thats requested 'three times' in the first place, if you then clear cookies or clear internet history, say on log off and then back the next day its a new request and not in the cache. I clear cookies automatically on every end of session.

Anyway, the reason is that in the past my photobucket account has been locked out for a month, as I exceeded bandwidth. this is last night.

Total Image Views: 8449. Each 'webshot' had approx 300 views last night. The 8449 will include the Atlantic Ocean sea conditions thread photos, and also a surprising high amount for a Doctor Who photo posted on the dis a day or so back.

If I get to 10,000 I get a warning!!!:)

If you have an iphone or ipod touch get the cruise cam app. It let's you see ports of call around the world. I have been stalking the Magic all over the Caribbean! It also has tons of ship webcams which are intersting. I have no idea how well you can see the Magic when it is in Europe but I konw it works great when the Magic is in Key West, Port C, St. Marteen or St. Thomas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter