BYBBQ or Ohana's

hopelea

I love everything DISNEY!!
We have PS with BYBBQ, but after reading some past posts I am starting to get worried. Should we go to the PS at Poly, Luau?
I am traveling with DH, 2 DD's 10 & 7, my parents 66 & 67.

Be honest. I loved HDDMR, and wanted to try something different.

I have never done the BYBBQ but Ohanas is great. I have done the Luau too. Food is OK the show is great though. Go for the show and atmosphere if you go.

I haven't been to the BBQ, but we thought 'Ohana was great. Also, I think your parents might be more comfortable. The children would probably have fun with the hula hoop/ coconut races. Maybe you could check out Wishes from the Poly beach after dinner. Sounds great huh?::yes:: :wave2:

I was thinking that my girls would like the food better at the BBQ. I hate spending all that money and have them not eat anything. They are so picky!!

All my 7 yr old dd wants is :mickeybar

Guess I will stay with the BBQ and keep my fingers crossed that we all have a great time!!

Thanks!

I think the biggest reason we didn't care of the BBQ was that we weren't really prepared for what it was....our expectations were just totally out-of-whack. We were thinking "character meal" which was how it was presented to us - it's not, really.

Try to get a table near the open area in the middle of the pavilion. That's where the characters will appear & if you're on the outside (as we were) your DD's may have trouble getting close enough to the front of the line to actually meet the characters. (DD stood in line 6 - 8 times & only ever got the "meet" one of them before they had to leave for their break.

We were there in mid-May & the dance floor was way too crowded to get up & join in - although DD tried it.

I've eaten at the back yard BBQ--or I shall say I tried to eat.

I was pregnant with Baby #2 and both pregancies mysteriously became vegetarian as I couldn't stand meat let alone that BBQ smell...the entertainment was fun, but the food part was terrible--it is a cattle call and as you enter the facilitity you grab your plates and serve yourself just like in a back yard BBQ.

We had my dining restrictions prepared in advance through PS and my meal wasn't ready--I had to wait for them to grill my veggies. Put it this way--we spent an adult ticket for my to have a grilled tomato and pepper--fresh from the store and thrown on the grill. Unenjoyable to say the least.

I have never done Ohana--but I assure you the entertianment and food quality should be better. Ask them about a special childs plate--let PS know that your children may not eat...I think I recall something in the past about chicken fingers or something.
But in any case--go for the Luau!

We enjoyed the BBQ food at the BYBBQ, HOWEVER, we did this in the summer and the heat was stiffling. I had a hard time eating because I was just so miserable and sweaty. When are you going? Unless they have changed something, you eat outside under a pavillion, there are ceiling fans but it was still hot. I also agree that it was too crowded to dance and difficult to wait in the long lines for character interaction. I have not done the laua, but for character meeting I would choose another character meal.

Went with a group of 17, all ages, to the BBQ and had a blast. The food is just that, bbq style but was good. Great character interaction, and great atmosphere. We were there the last week of June, it was hot but it did not put a damper on our fun. O'Hana's also has good food and fun atmosphere but there was something about getting up, dancing and laughing with everyone around us that made the bbq so much fun. Characters were all over the floor, and we had no problems with pics at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter