By boat, how long does it take to go from the Poly to Fort Wilderness?

Tonberry

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Poly for our upcoming trip and we will have 8:30 reservations at HoopDeeDoo at Fort Wilderness.
We decided that going by the ferry would be the quickest, easiest, and most relaxing.
How long does it take to get from the Poly to Fort Wilderness and what time should we plan on leaving the resort?

Thanks!

The boat from the Poly does not go directly to FW. You have to take the Poly boat over to MK and then grab the FW boat there. On a magical day, the trip could take 1/2 hour ...... Pixie dust permitting. On a less than magical day, it could take 1 1/2 hours. I wouldn't let a possible time glitch get in my way of using the water transportation. The boat ride from MK to FW is one of my favorite things at WDW. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Once you step onto the dock, it is only about a 2 minute walk to the Hoop-de-Doo.

You have other options besides just the boat from Poly to MK, then boat to FW. If you have the time, that might well be the most relaxing (and my preferred routing). However, you can also take the resort monorail from the Poly to MK or Contemporary. If the monorail train is right there, it can be a quick trip if it's not backed up somewhere. You can get off the monorail at either MK or Contemporary, both of which have boats going to WL and FW. In my experience the Contemporary/WL/FW boat route is usually less crowded than the MK/WL/FW route and might be slightly faster to FW.

I would double check the start time for the GF boat loop... not sure how much earlier they start before MK opening time. The Monorail is the usual method for those with an early breakfast.

I would double check the start time for the GF boat loop... not sure how much earlier they start before MK opening time. The Monorail is the usual method for those with an early breakfast.
The OP is going to HDDR, so it's not breakfast- it's an 8:30pm dinner show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter