• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV vs. BCV

DizDaD7

Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.
Ok Here's the quick lowdown...

1st off we're recent DVC owners at SSR as of Nov.
We currently have a 10 night vacation book at SSR studio,for late Aug. Not that I don't want to stay there, but I was told I would have a better chance of getting BCV or BWV at this time than any other. Is this true??

2nd. If they are available, which would you suggest, or possible pros and cons.
Pools, Restaurants, ease of travel ( same I'm guessin ).
Or should I just stick with my original ressies...LoL

Any info would be greatly appreciated

We have stayed at BWV our last 2 trips and I am pretty sure that it has become my favorite resort. I love the ease of travel to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and this is coming from a family that LOVES Magic Kingdom. The quick service is the only downfall of the BWV in our eyes, but with the other restaurants right there, it isn't enough to keep us away. Thinking of giving BCV a try for our next stay just to compare, but its tough to not stay with what we know is great, BWV!!

It is tough to secure either BWV or BCV in September-mid November due to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. If you can get it in August, I would go for it!

We have stayed at BWV our last 2 trips and I am pretty sure that it has become my favorite resort. I love the ease of travel to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and this is coming from a family that LOVES Magic Kingdom. The quick service is the only downfall of the BWV in our eyes, but with the other restaurants right there, it isn't enough to keep us away. Thinking of giving BCV a try for our next stay just to compare, but its tough to not stay with what we know is great, BWV!!

It is tough to secure either BWV or BCV in September-mid November due to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. If you can get it in August, I would go for it!

BCV has the same access to the two theme parks and it does have the Marketplace and Hurricane Hannahs. As well as Beaches and Cream (not counter service, this is table service). What we like better about BCV over BWV is that the parking is so much more convenient. If you don't have a car, that won't be a plus. But if you do, it's a BIG PLUS.

We also like that BCV is behind the BC, so it tends to be quieter. We think the BWV would be great if you like to be right in the middle of it all. But we like our resort to be a refuge from the theme parks.

If you are planning to go to Epcot, forget about taking the boat. You have to walk over to the YC to catch it and in that amount of time, you would be moving right on through the security checkpoint at the International Gateway if you walked.

I love them both, but for us, the Beach Club trumps all because of the Pool. It is hands down (IMHO) the best pool on Disney property.

That being said, I always just considered that area one big resort. It is my absolute favorite place to stay. The access to the DHS and Epcot cannot be beat.

Given my choice of all DVC resorts. Beach Club is #1A and Boardwalk is #1B.

More practical reasons beyond the Pool:
1. BCV are a bit quieter
2. You can request an Epoct view.
3. Parking is more accessible if needed.

You can't go wrong with either. (But can you really with any of the DVC resorts???)

...2. You can request an Epoct view.
Well, you really can't request an Epcot view. You can request a woods view or road view which may give you the Epcot view. But if you try for Epcot view, they will tell you there isn't one.

LoL. Thanks for the tips and info. As of Now The game plan is for us to drive throughout the night from 430 pm, day b4. This may change if I can get Jetblue tix for the 4 of us for $800. Cost to drive for gas is like $560 plus the wear and tear on the vehicle. Parking probably won't be an issue. What I did see at some of the maps is, the distance is further from BCV to the SAB. BWV is situated right near the main pool. Is this correct.

Also 1 more question? Do any studios on DVC have washer/dryer in their rooms ? thnx again.

LoL. Thanks for the tips and info. As of Now The game plan is for us to drive throughout the night from 430 pm, day b4. This may change if I can get Jetblue tix for the 4 of us for $800. Cost to drive for gas is like $560 plus the wear and tear on the vehicle. Parking probably won't be an issue. What I did see at some of the maps is, the distance is further from BCV to the SAB. BWV is situated right near the main pool. Is this correct.

Also 1 more question? Do any studios on DVC have washer/dryer in their rooms ? thnx again.

No W/D in the studios. BWV laundry room on the first floor. BCV is on the fourth floor.

BWV wraps around the Luna Park pool. You walk through the BC lobby to get to SAB from BCV. But there is the Dunes Cove pool right outside the BCV .

No W/D in the studios. BWV laundry room on the first floor. BCV is on the fourth floor.

BWV wraps around the Luna Park pool. You walk through the BC lobby to get to SAB from BCV. But there is the Dunes Cove pool right outside the BCV .

Thanks. for the help:thumbsup2 .

Well, you really can't request an Epcot view. You can request a woods view or road view which may give you the Epcot view. But if you try for Epcot view, they will tell you there isn't one.

Which is a better EPCOT view? Woods or road view?

Looks like your kids are age 8 and they would probably love SAB pool, as long as you are comfortable keeping track of them in that spread out area. If you like your room to be a refuge from the high activity level of the park, then BCV would be a better choice for that reason as well. BWV's theme pool has a fun slide and the pool is not far from the laundry, so you can do the wash while you swim. We always book the BW view rooms (which are about the same price in points as BCV) because we love sitting on our balcony and watching the people and boats come and go and the fireworks at night. But lots of people love to save points and book standard view rooms at BWV because they are a real bargain and the views are at least as good as BCV rooms, IMHO.
It all may come down to what is available. Or maybe, since you are going for 10 days, you would want to try 5 days at each resort if the dates work out. Have fun, whatever you decide! :goodvibes

Looks like your kids are age 8 and they would probably love SAB pool, as long as you are comfortable keeping track of them in that spread out area. If you like your room to be a refuge from the high activity level of the park, then BCV would be a better choice for that reason as well. BWV's theme pool has a fun slide and the pool is not far from the laundry, so you can do the wash while you swim. We always book the BW view rooms (which are about the same price in points as BCV) because we love sitting on our balcony and watching the people and boats come and go and the fireworks at night. But lots of people love to save points and book standard view rooms at BWV because they are a real bargain and the views are at least as good as BCV rooms, IMHO.
It all may come down to what is available. Or maybe, since you are going for 10 days, you would want to try 5 days at each resort if the dates work out. Have fun, whatever you decide! :goodvibes

Thanks...Yea i was on the website just fumbling with my 7 month window. currently have ressies at ssr. BCV isn't available for my 1st day. BWV is available but not for the standard studios, so its roughly 30 or so more points. i'd love to see them both but not sure if I wanna pack up n leave and start up again..I'm sure i'll figure it out...LoL

We really would be happy at either but for us it would be BCV. But we tend to spend alot of time at the pool and we feel the atmosphere is better there. Only because it fits our style better. Now if you were going to tell me we could have a BW view then I might change my mind or if I could get a standard view. They both have there pros. But BCV is quieter at night if you like that and you still can walk over to BWV to enjoy the nightlife. I would prolly take either one because getting 10 days in a row at 7 months IMO would be great. Good luck. We also love SSR so if you can't move you will still have a great time. :thumbsup2

DD30 loves BWV with boardwalk eateries and Jellyrolls/AC Dance Hall while DH and I like BCV and the Crew Cup Bar. :confused3

with little ones, up to about age 6ish, i would probably pick BCV. the big draw there is the pool, which gets too crowded for our tastes (the pool itself, as well as the seating areas). we like the quiet pools much more, but since SAB is the main draw there....:confused3
for older than toddler children and adults, we prefer BWV. we find it much quieter (we had repeated trouble sleeping with all the hallway yelling at the BCV), with amazing views (love waking up to spaceship earth over the lake, and watching illuminations from our balcony at night - "EPCOT" view at the BCV is a glimpse of SSE over treetops, with a busy road below...or since parking is near the BC villas, you can get a nice view of cars). views are very important to us, however.
we find there are just so many more BW options: street performers, surrey bikes, yummy bakery, ESPN, jellyrolls, great pools (we prefer the luna park slide as one does not have to leave the pool area and cross a walkway to get there). we always rent a car, but never found the walk to the BW guest lot inconvenient or too far (even when i had broken toes, blisters, back problems, etc). if we're being really lazy, one of us will just drop the other at the front door, and park the car.....all in less than 5 minutes.

both are withing walking distance to 2 parks: BWV is slightly closer to DHS, BCV to EPCOT - not a major difference either way. both have movie/campfires at night, and are close to mini-golf.
we also love SSR for the quiet, great views (congress park), and lovely walk to DTD..

btw, we own at all three :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter