BWV vs. BCV

O&PsDad

Earning My Ears
I've noticed that a 1 bdrm at BCV costs 20 points more than a 1bdrm at BWV for the same time period that we've booked. Are the BCV that much better than the BWV? If so, please tell why. I only know that they share a very similar location. Is it really worth the extra 20 points to stay a BCV?

I think it depends on what you are looking for. I have stayed at studios at both and I prefer the BCV location better than BWV. The walk from our room to the IG gate was literally 5 minutes which made it very easy.

I also liked that BCV has the marketplace to refill mugs and get some quick CS type food. While it is not extensive, at least you did not have to go outside to get coffee. At BWV, we had to go to BW bakery which meant heading outside.

And, of course, the pool at BCV is an adventure in and of itself!!

I've noticed that a 1 bdrm at BCV costs 20 points more than a 1bdrm at BWV for the same time period that we've booked. Are the BCV that much better than the BWV? If so, please tell why. I only know that they share a very similar location. Is it really worth the extra 20 points to stay a BCV?
Until the recent point re-allocations, the BCV villas pretty much cost the same as the BWV Preferred View villas. Only the standard view cost less.

So if you were comparing BCV with BWV PV, and the difference is now 20 points, there have to be other times when the BCVs are less than the BWV.

One of the reasons we like BWV better is the availability of the less expensive Standard view rooms. IMO, those are arguably the best bargain available to DVC members. We also like that we can guarantee a great view (Boardwalk view category) and that we can easily walk to both EPCOT & DHS. IMO, BCV is too far to walk to DHS (takes too long and can be very uncomfortable if it is hot, humid or raining).

Many prefer the pool at SAB, but we think it is tough to keep track of more than one child there and you have to leave the complex to use the slide.

Anyway, it all boils down to what you like and what is important to you.

I should probably clarify that I'm comparing a 1 bdrm standard view at BWV to 1 bdrm BCV during the 2nd half of December - that's the 20 point difference. So, if the pools at BCV are what sets it apart from BWV, in Dec. that usually doesn't matter, right?

:)We have stayed at both and own at BWVs. We prefer BWVs because we feel that it just too far to walk (not to Epcot) but to the docks and HS. Since my DH has some mobility issues it just works out better for us. We were at BCVs with our family (DD, SIL, 3 DGC) in May and had a great time but also felt the pool was too large for our little ones and they were overwhelmed. I am sure that will change as they get older. The difference in points I believe has a lot to do with the pool.

I should probably clarify that I'm comparing a 1 bdrm standard view at BWV to 1 bdrm BCV during the 2nd half of December - that's the 20 point difference. So, if the pools at BCV are what sets it apart from BWV, in Dec. that usually doesn't matter, right?

That depends. Like a previous poster stated you can get food, coffee, re-fills etc without having to go outside at the Beach Club. We own at the Beach Club but have also stayed several times at the BWV. We prefer the Beach Club for that exact reason, although the market place is not extensive we find ourselves their everyday. During bad weather this is a HUGE plus.

We own at the BCV. This June we did a split stay with BWV and BCV because we couldn't get all of our days at BCV. While BWV was very nice, I too didn't like to have to go outside to the Bakery to get my coffee refill. Not to mention the line was usually long. Well, lo and behold, on the second to the last day there I discovered another place to get a coffee refill. If you walk through the BW lobby to the Inn side, there is a lounge that sells pastries and breakfasty things as well as coffee:laughing: I do prefer SAB. I no longer have to watch my 20, 25 and 26 yo kids:rolleyes1

BCV for reasons stated re coffee, market etc.
And, even if I stayed at BWV, I would NOT walk to HS!;)

I am a big fan of the BCV.

I liked BWV too, I think I would go there again if I was with little kids who would like the Clown Pool.

But I have been spoiled and love the sand bottom Storm Along Bay, and the little lazy river "pool noodle" ride section.

If it isn't about pools or being right on top of EPCOT, and you love walking a lot, BWV is still a great choice. I agree, it is not close enough to DHS to make a difference in my opinion, take the boat if you hate walking to either Park.

However BCV is steps away from the International Gate of EPCOT and you will get there faster and come back faster to BCV, and be in your room faster, then if you stayed at BWV. In general the hallways at BCV are shorter typical walks than those at BWV.

If you have a car, Parking at BWV is awful without paying for Valet Parking.
Parking at the BCV is pretty decent.

I prefer the interior design and decor of the BWV to that of the BCV, but it isn't enough for me to give up my love of the BCV.

Phil

Actually, you have to go outside at BCV to get to the Marketplace too, its just a short covered walk between the buildings.

I preferred the BWV's over BCV, as others mentioned, the pool complex is big at BCV which has some advantages and disadvantages. We enjoyed having all the amenities of the Boardwalk right there and to me the resort set up was nice (we were on the 1st floor so Luna Park and a quiet pool were right there across the hall and the BW was just a couple minutes away). BCV just seemed to take forever to get anywhere for us. As far as decor, I did like BCV better, but if I were to choose again and it was between the two I would choose BWV.

As a PP mentioned, BWV is only a couple extra minutes to Epcot and is much closer to DHS. You even had the Swan and Dolphin just a couple minutes away, it definitely seemed to be in the middle of all the resorts there.

A lot of people really love BCV. For many it's the location and having access to SAB. I think some families that stay at BCV see no reason to go to a water park as SAB is a water park in miniature. Disney currently ROFRs more BCV contracts than any other DVC resort. See wdrl's thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2529191 So it looks like Disney sells more BCV points direct than many of the other closed resorts.

we own at both BCV and BWVs (and SSR:)).
we only rent out or use our BCV points at 7 months for the BWVs. our entire extended family greatly prefers the BWVs for the amazing amount of things to do (including street performers, carny games, community hall:lovestruc), the great views even from the standard rooms, and the quiet.
we find the BCV just too noisy and congested for our tastes, including the main pool where swimming is almost impossible b/c of the crowds:crowded:

the quick walk to 2 parks is wonderful also:)

We own at both, and in December, we always pick the standard view BWV! We love the standard view point saving especially for the Christmas/NYE week when we often go down!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We own at both BWV and BCV. We always rent a car so the convenience of the BCV parking lot is great. BWV parking is a pretty far walk. The BCV parking is right next to the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter