BWV to Hollywood Studios

nerb

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying at BWV for the first time :yay:and noticed on a resort map that there is a walkway from the resort to Hollywood Studios. Anyone know how long the walk is? Is it faster to walk vs. Taking the boat ride over?
Thanks! :cool2::cool2:

I've seen people walk. My take, we do enough walking as it is. Even if it does take a few more minutes on the boat, I need to save my energy for the parks! Maybe that's just me.:confused3

I would say it is a 15 minute walk and faster than taking the boat from the Boardwalk because of the other stops that it makes. If it is a warm day, the walk can be a bit warm. Early morning is not a problem.

Enjoy your stay.

Robert

I think for fast walkers it's a 15 minute walk and for most families a 20 minute walk. You can reduce the time by going out via the stairs between the quiet pool and Luna pool.

the other option is to walk over to the Swan/Dolphin and grab the boat there. It should save you a little time. (or does that save you time when going to Epcot? ...Hmm depends on which way the boats go.)

We have done the walk from Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios in the past & as others have said, the walk is between 15-20 minutes depending on how fast you walk & how tired you are.

I prefer taking the boats, I love the boat ride, and to me the boat ride is an attraction in itself. I ride the boats every chance I get; we do plenty of walking on our Disney trips so I like to give my feet a break whenever I can.

Everyone has pinned down the amount of time it takes to walk and yes it is generally faster to walk than take the boat. If you are planning on walking you can go out by the quiet pool, which cuts some of the walk/distance down. You don't really want to go to the boat ramp and then decide to walk around the resort towards DHS.

As for going to another resort to catch the boat, that doesn't quite make sense to me either. It really won't cut down your wait, it will just cut down the amount of time you spend on the boat.

We almost always walk to DHS from the BWV. We don't visit in the heat of the summer, though. I agree it takes about 15 minutes.

Walking is faster than taking the boat, especially for the trip from DHS to the BWV. We don't take the boat back unless we see one about to leave when we are passing by. I prefer to keep moving when I am tired, rather than standing still to wait.

About a 15 min walk and def worth it if you just missed the ferry or there are long ferry lines.

Thanks everyone for the great info! I'll probably take the boat and save my aching feet!:cool1:

We almost always walk to DHS from the BWV. We don't visit in the heat of the summer, though. I agree it takes about 15 minutes.

Walking is faster than taking the boat, especially for the trip from DHS to the BWV. We don't take the boat back unless we see one about to leave when we are passing by. I prefer to keep moving when I am tired, rather than standing still to wait.

Agree with Carol. We're here now and have walked to and from HS each time. We have 2 DS's, ages 11 and 10- they've never complained. It's a rather nice walk. The boats take to long in our opinion. Then we take the bus to AK we get off at the Swan, then walk back to BWV- way faster!

If you have ever gotten off a bus at EPCOT, and then walked from there into EPCOT and out to the lake, its roughly the same.

If you have a BW view, you can watch the boat pattern and leave your room when a boat is going to be at the dock (for either EPCOT or DHS), or as others mentioned when one will be arriving at S&D-esp if your room is down on that end.

I walk a lot too. My kids and husband usually take the boat. I can finish shopping and often beat them back to the room.

Distance from BWV to Studios gate is a little more than a mile, usually about 20 to 25 minutes at unforced pace. As to boat to and from studios it takes about 25 to 30 minutes because route is Epcot to BW to YC/BC to Swan/Dolphin to Studios to Swan/Dolphin to YC/BC to BW to Epcot.

You can shorten boat trip by taking a short walk over a bridge from BWV to S/D and the S/D boat dock is right on other side of bridge. Likewise, coming back you can get off at S/D and walk over bridge to BWV; that makes trip less than 15 minutes.

I just mapped it on Google, and from the Luna Pool to the DHS entrance, it's .70 miles (3,700) feet.

As with everything at Disney, whether you walk or ride the boat, it's totally up to you and what your personal preference is. We tend to walk more than ride the boat, and have found it's a great walk in the evening after a big meal. However, there are times we just feel like relaxing and riding the boat. It's great to have the option to do both, and it's why we love the Boardwalk.

It's not a bad walk from DHS back to the Boardwalk. We have always beat the boat. We once took the boat from DHS to Epcot and it was 40 minutes with all the stops. I know I could walk faster than that......

Depending on where your room is, it's almost the same distance to walk to DHS as it is to the boat dock. A few weeks ago we had a room all the way at the end of the hallway (even past the quiet pool), and it was only about a 7-10 minute walk to DHS from there. The only difference in walking to the boat dock is that you were inside longer.

Thanks everyone! Maybe we"ll try it one morning before it gets too hot. :cool1:

We almost always walk. As the others have said, it is a nice walk.
Unless it is really hot, I enjoy it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter