BWV Studio w/Daybed?

sallysue66

DIS Veteran
Booked our first BWV stay! 122 days, gotta get a new ticker.:woohoo: I saw on allears that BWV has some studios with a daybed in addition to the usual queen & pullout. Do they still have these? Are they in both Standard & Preferred? Anyone have luck requesting & getting them?

These aren't daybeds like you see in the deluxes, they're really more of a small bench with a thin foam pad. I can't imagine it being comfortable for sleeping on, and at any rate, it would only fit a very small child.

I'm sure someone here has a photo that they can post.

Thanks Lynne & Lisa. That helps, looks like DD & DS will still have to share the pullout.

I just had this room last week. I was at the BWV for 2 weeks in a standard view studio. I was in a dedicated studio, room 1123. I've been in this room before and like the location. It's next to the exit door, so it does get slightly noisey sometimes when the door slams. The "bench" is not a daybed. It's a bench with a 5-6 inch foam pad on it. They do have a sheet in the closest, I assume for it, but didn't see any other bed linens. I can't imagine anyone sleeping on it. I know one of my granddaughters would be rolling off it several times throughout the night. It's pretty much a "catch-all" for the dedicated studios. They are only in those units. You can only request a dedicated studio, but it's not guaranteed. My daughter and her family also had a studio, but theirs was a lock-off (room 1113) and did not have the bench.

Booked our first BWV stay! 122 days, gotta get a new ticker.:woohoo: I saw on allears that BWV has some studios with a daybed in addition to the usual queen & pullout. Do they still have these? Are they in both Standard & Preferred? Anyone have luck requesting & getting them?

We had one of these rooms in the beginning of May. We were only at BWV for 2 nights. My 5 year old chose to sleep on "her bed" (the bench) for the two night we were there. To each her own I suppose.

We had one of these rooms in the beginning of May. We were only at BWV for 2 nights. My 5 year old chose to sleep on "her bed" (the bench) for the two night we were there. To each her own I suppose.

When my DS21 was 5 I once found him asleep sitting on the rung of a rope ladder on his big wooden fort playset. I don't know how he didn't fall, but being a good Mother I ran back inside for the camera and took a pic before getting him down!:rotfl: That kid could and still can sleep anywhere, anytime.

I'm a sleep anywhere type person, but I wouldn't have even tried sleeping on there. However, we did find it a nice place to stow the luggage under. You have to lift it up to get the luggage underneath, but then it's really out of the way for the week.

I would agree with the other posts above the it was about the size of a crib with a 3" mattress. We stayed in a dedicated studio on the Village Green last October, Villa 3063. Here's a photo of the daybed. A small child could sleep on it, but it's so narrow that they might roll off and their feet could slip through the bars.

DSCN4005.jpg

I've read that some people turn the bench around when a small child sleeps on it so they don't fall out!
:idea:

I've read that some people turn the bench around when a small child sleeps on it so they don't fall out!
:idea:

Funny! I was just going to post the same thing. Yes that would work, but keep in mind as one person mentioned regarding the safety of this bench. The slats are pretty far apart, so keep that in mind when letting a little one sleep here.

I just had this type of room last week and my sofa bed was my catch all for everything when we entered the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter