BWV Studio Availibility

R.J.'s Dad

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how many BWV standard view studios are available at a given time? I'm planning on taking a group of our friends in October and am looking to use our points to book 5 std. studios if available. I'm hoping there will be 5 available as we have 5 family's going and I only have enough points for 6 nites in a std. view studio at boardwalk. If 5 aren't available, I'm going to be stuck paying for one or more. I'd really like our friends to be able to enjoy this on our points, but MS won't tell me anything since my home resort is VWL and I have to wait for my 7 month booking window before they give me availibility. Any advice or info would be appreciated-

That might be difficult, it's food & wine festival time. Would you consider OKW as an alternative?

I also agree that probably will not happen at the 7 month window. I tried booking ONE studio for early December about 8 1/2 months out, and had to waitlist for a standard view. I was told that the standard rooms encompass only 10% of the total rooms...I think during F&W fest...BWV owners probably take all of them before the time comes.

And, the chance that you will be able to secure 5 of these via the waitlist...odds do not look good. But, go ahead and call day-by-day at the 7mo. window...I would love to be wrong in this case.

I also second OKW....or, could you maybe shorten your trip to 5 days in 5 studios?

But, I think getting 5 studios at BWV at the 7 month window for F&W fest will be tough enough...but, adding that you need them to be 5 of the 10% of the resort...it just seems you might be disappointed if you don't have a "plan B".

Good luck,

:wave:

Beca

Thanks for the notes- I didn't know on 10% are std. studios- I'm going to have to look at OKW- thanks for the help-

<font face="times" size="+0">There are about 15 Dedicated Std View Studios and 37 Std View Lockoffs, making up a maximum of about 52 Studios total in the Standard View category. I would imagine that at any given time, not all 37 Lockoffs will actually be split off into Studios, so most nights the number will be less than 52.

BTW, here is the rest of the approximate breakdown of BWV units:

Dedicated Studios 15 SV + 22 BWV + 60 PGV = 97 Total
Dedicated 1 Bdrm 23 SV + 15 BWV + 92 PGV = 130 Total
Lockoff 2 Bdrm 37 SV + 19 BWV + 93 PGV = 149 Total
Grand Villas all 7 are BWV

383 Units. 532 Max Available Rooms.

SV = Standard View
BWV = Boardwalk View
PGV = Pool/Garden View

This data may be a bit outdated. I haven't looked at the latest BWV POS. Please also note that MS refuses to provide the exact number of SV and BWV rooms. They only give percentages of each unit category, and the above numbers are what I calculated based on those percentages.
HTH.</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter