BWV standard veiw?

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
Hi, I have been to BWV alot of times with a PV...but this trip is standard..

I know there is a map that shows the veiws, but I can't find it now...

was wondering if anyone has it..and if I request near lobby would that be good?

thanks
amy

I'm sure someone will come along with the map. My only advice to you would be be careful with a standard view request that is close to the lobby. That could put you right in front on the RAC desk & bell services. It could be noisy in the morning. We prefer quiet & the long hallways don't bother us so we ask for away from the elevators. The CM at check-in said that is a request they don't hear too often! :laughing: We had a lovely room all the way at the end of the 3rd floor overlooking the canal & the corner of the parking lot. It was very convenient for parking because we just came in from the back entrance & walked up the stairs. We also had a double balcony since we were the last room on the corner. If you want quiet ask to be away from the elevator. If you don't want to walk far than close to elevator is for you. If you could somehow manage to get a room about 1/2 way down I think that would be just about perfect. HTH.

Thanks,

So it is just the rooms overlooking the entrance that are standard? any one of those rooms would be OK...

We wont have a car, so we would prefer near the lobby.

thanks
amy

Just know that BWV doesn't always honor your request.

We requested near the lobby, and were given a room 5 doors from the very end. However, hubby explained that we needed that room closer to the elevators because of my feet...and wasn't too picky (I just wanted something in the first bend...not the second) ...and got something closer.

As long as you pass at least 5 doors on one side...you'll be ok.

We once got a standard view 1 bedroom on the 4th (I think) floor. It was directly above the spot where you can get your boarding passes and drop off your luggage for MME and airport. The beeping of the trucks backing in started really early in the morning, but was okay towards evening (which is our favorite time to sit on the balacony and people watch.....and watch illuminations! It was nice being close to the elevator, but it was far from the parking lot and the quiet pool (our preference). I do request certain rooms, but those requests aren't always honored (understandable). We actually enjoy our standard view one-bedroom....unless we get stuck with one that has a tree blocking the whole view from the deck. They really need to start doing something about those trees!!! I see alot of the preferred view rooms overlooking the quiet pool also have tree issues. I'd be pretty peeved to pay for preferred and end up looking at a tree. I've also wondered why they only have the one bank of elevators.

We once got a standard view 1 bedroom on the 4th (I think) floor. It was directly above the spot where you can get your boarding passes and drop off your luggage for MME and airport. The beeping of the trucks backing in started really early in the morning, but was okay towards evening (which is our favorite time to sit on the balacony and people watch.....and watch illuminations! It was nice being close to the elevator, but it was far from the parking lot and the quiet pool (our preference). I do request certain rooms, but those requests aren't always honored (understandable). We actually enjoy our standard view one-bedroom....unless we get stuck with one that has a tree blocking the whole view from the deck. They really need to start doing something about those trees!!! I see alot of the preferred view rooms overlooking the quiet pool also have tree issues. I'd be pretty peeved to pay for preferred and end up looking at a tree. I've also wondered why they only have the one bank of elevators.

Yep, this is the exact reason I NEVER request near the lobby. There is a price for this view. I prefer as far away as possible. We were there last week and I has the last studio near the exit for the Studios door. Only once did they try to put us near the lobby/elevator. I walked into the room and looked out the window and realized where I was and I slowly backed out of the room without touching anything and luckily for me, they gave me another room.

I agree about the trees. Just last week while at the BWV I was on the third floor and the tree was blocking our view even that high up...! Then later I moved to a 1 bedroom and had ground floor facing the bus terminal, which was a great spot. It was ground floor, but that has many pluses too! Great for zipping out the exits and to the pool. Not a great view of any type of fireworks.

As mentioned getting a request here is not an easy task. I seldom get any requests here and we stay at the BWV at least 3 times a year. However, I did use online checkin for both reservations and got into my room upon checkin. One was at 8:30AM for a 1 bedroom. So I weigh my options....requests or room ready.....I seldom get both.

I've also wondered why they only have the one bank of elevators.

DVC admitted at the annual meeting I attended a few years ago that it was a design error. They said it could not be fixed but they would keep it in mind for future resorts. :rolleyes:

They have had a "design error" at almost every DVC resort. OKW the initial units did not have a second entrance into the master bathroom in a 1 or 2 bedroom. At VWL, there's a studio without a balcony. At BCV, some of the dedicated 2 bedrooms were built too small to hold 2 queens in the second bedroom. BLT had the issue with the bathroom sink in the kitchenette.

These tools may help:

1) Room finder at DVC News
http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=table&tableid=6

2) Resort Map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf

The standard views are on the outside (facing the driveway) along the purple, green and yellow parts of the map.

We just returned from a stay in the yellow. While a mile from the lobby - it was great for us. The exit was literally underneath us. We could easily walk to the bus stop or DHS. We had no noise or disturbance. Our view was the waterway between us and valet parking. We were kitty corner from the Luna pool. Great location. And, on the 3rd floor.

thanks for all the replies

I just don't want to be near Jelly Rolls...so I guess no chance of that...with the standard veiw.

thanks again
amy

I will be going to dw and staying at the bwv in January in an 1 bedroom standard. I requested top floor over looking the bus stop-buses that o to the parks, should I change this request will we hear the loading and unloading of the magical express?

I will be going to dw and staying at the bwv in January in an 1 bedroom standard. I requested top floor over looking the bus stop-buses that o to the parks, should I change this request will we hear the loading and unloading of the magical express?

If you're overlooking the bus stops to the parks, you're 1/2 down the hall, and the ME busses and luggage people shouldn't be bothering you.

Here's a link to a thread that contains a nice map showing the different room views.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602714&highlight=bwv+map

I agree with others that a standard view, close to lobby request could result in your room being very close to main entrance where there's lots of car & bus activity & it could be quiet noisy. I remember saying to DH as we were getting our boarding passes, "I'd hate to be in one of those rooms" as I pointed to the rooms that were right above the airline check-in desk.

There is an entrance & sidewalk at the end of the building that is closest to the parking lot. You could use to get to/from the bus stop. Use Google satellite to get a close-up view of that area of the resort.

Thanks let's hope they will honor our request:thumbsup2

Sometimes your request is just not available, it's not really a case of "honoring" your request or not. Most DVC resorts run close to full.

Anytime I have requested "across from the bus stop", I've been there or farther down the hall (one time scored the corner 1 bedroom). Never been close to the entrance, many people request close to elevator so they are probably happy to see someone requesting not close.

thanks for all the replies

I just don't want to be near Jelly Rolls...so I guess no chance of that...with the standard veiw.

thanks again
amy

can you do the steps - then get near the parking area - you will love it - you can go up and down the steps and be at the bus stop or community pool in minutes. it is a little longer to the lobby or the laundry (if you get a studio) - but it makes up for it and getting around the place.

this only works if you can go up and down the steps.

Thanks,

So it is just the rooms overlooking the entrance that are standard? any one of those rooms would be OK...

We wont have a car, so we would prefer near the lobby.

thanks
amy

our 11 month out view for OCT 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at BWV standard. http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...h_DSCN2176.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...h_DSCN2174.jpg http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...h_DSCN2176.jpg
I have more pics but how do I do all of them at once?
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...h_DSCN2173.jpg
booked at 11 months and got this view. 1st room off elevators to the right down hall 1st room on left# 3069 1 bed also got 3071 studio next door and also got next studio # 3073. . What luck all three rooms had this view. Tried to change but they were booked solid Could not even sit out in the morning for coffee without everybody checking out and using airline check in standing right there. Wasn't a lot of noise in the mornings but it wasn't quiet either. We had a 2 yr old with us but he slept through it OK.
The manager said they don't know when a member books time wise and just assigned the rooms when they can.
My biggest gripe is that last yr we got the same view on the 4th fl.
We just seem to be getting the same rooms since 2002. I wonder if a lot of these rooms are just fake rooms with doors that don't open .

Anybody else keep getting the same area of rooms?

My biggest gripe is that last yr we got the same view on the 4th fl.
We just seem to be getting the same rooms since 2002. I wonder if a lot of these rooms are just fake rooms with doors that don't open .

Anybody else keep getting the same area of rooms?

yup, but we're very happy about it :banana:
every time we book a BWV studio, BW view (at least 2x a year for about 8 years), we have gotten xx29 or xx31 - only the floor levels vary.
the rooms are above BRG, directly across from the basketball game (and yes, i get the urge to purchase a ball and try to get it in the hoops every time. last month, i gave it way too much thought, and figured the best option to make the shot would be water balloons;)).
love the fake rooms deduction....but do they hire actors to play the other guests also? :lmao:

This past July we got the 4th floor standard view, pretty much right above where they do the loading for ME. We were worried that the noise would bother us, but in the 7 nights we were there, we never noticed any noise at all.

Of course we kept the windows closed and the A/C on, which no doubt helped to block out noise.

We also are not at all concerned with what the actual view out of the room is - the only thing we do in the room is collapse after a day of combat touring.

We've had many different stand view rooms at BWV one year we had side by side sv studios right by the luggage area on the 4th floor, we've had a sv studio on the 2nd floor a few rooms down from the main entrance, we've had rooms over looking the pond and parking so a lot of different views over the last 10 years....we do love the point we save by booking sv rooms:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter