BWV standard studio view - of what?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We are considering renting a BWV standard studio

What would the view be of and where would it be located?

Would a BWV standard studio room have a long walk from the elevator?
Would we hear garbage trucks in the early AM or other noises?
Would we see a view of a roof top?

Would a BWV standard studio room have a balcony?

Sorry for so many questions.

We love EPCOT and thought the BWV would be great.

:goodvibes That's a lot of questions!

Standard view looks out at the driveway up to BWV and over the water canal towards the valet parking lot and tennis courts.

Here's a map from Granny showing where the rooms are for each view:

BWVRoomViews.jpg

You can see that there is still a lot of grassy area between the rooms and the driveway and the building is set down a little bit too. There is no service area that is overlooked, all rooms at BWV have either a balcony or if ground floor then a patio, and you won't have any roof top views. The one thing is the rooms that are closest to the elevator are near the BAGS luggage area and there are reports of noise early in the morning from that.

You would overlook the resort front entrance, the driveway leading up to it and/or one of the parking lots. There is quite a bit of lawn and pretty landscaping between the villas and the black-topped areas.
Possibly. Some are close and some are quite a distance.
Not garbage truck, but you may hear buses idling and/or the luggage trucks beeping and banging. Some of the standard view rooms are close to the RAC desk. Unfortunately, these rooms are also among the closest to the elevators.
Not really. You can see the roof of the BWI in the distance, but that would be on the other side of the driveway & bus stop.
Yes, all the rooms have either a balcony or a patio (for 1st floor).
It is a fantastic location. We love the standard view rooms and book them for nearly every trip. Our favorite location is a higher floor across from the bus stop. If your party can all do stairs, that's a very convenient location. :)

Your view could be of many things including a pond, the driveway, or the entry/registration area in front of BWV. Increasingly, you view could very well be of a tree as there are many fully grown trees along that side of BWV. Bottom line, most people don't choose SV for the view, hence the name. :)

As others have said, it could be close or far.

If you have a room near the entrance (close to the elevators) you may hear quite a bit of noise from Magical Express trucks and crates being banged around. If you have a lower level room, the groundskeepers (mowers, trimmers) can make a significant amount of noise from time to time.

It is very unlikely but actually you could have a view of a rooftop. We had the second villa from the elevator in SV one time, and when we looked to our left it was all rooftop. But you would have to be on the upper floor very close to the elevators to get that view. And if we looked straight ahead or right, we had a more typical standard view.

Yes

My answers are very similar to those already provided with some small additions. BWV is a great resort but getting a Standard View at many times of the year means you have to find an owner with BWV as his/her home resort. Standard view rooms get snapped up quickly because they are such a great value and they are often difficult to book at the 7 month mark when other DVC owners can book. This is especially true of any time from October thru the end of the year in addition to other usually busy WDW times.

We had a view of the front check in area. It was on the 3rd floor. We def heard vehicle traffic but it didn't disrupt our stay in any way. We just loved the room...we have a baby so we were close to the elevator which we wanted. We are not a family who really cares about view but we DO care about location and this was AMAZING in every way! Love BWV!!

Thank you for all the replies
We would reserve a room through David's at the 11th month mark
Slightly off season - we would do early May
After Easter and 3 weeks before Memorial Day

I am an obsessive planner
David's has a great rental rate and a great liaison between us and the owner - a very safe transaction

We love the flower festival and Epcot
The BWV studio rental is less expensive than a Dolphin room

I just do not know if we get gray Magic bands or colors

We are not annual pass holders
Or DVC owners

Since it is not a resort and is a DVC rental thru a 3rd party , David's , we may get gray Magic bands
Oh well

Thank you

It's good that you did some research. You are aware that you need a BWV owner in order to book the standard room at the 11 month window. Once the reservation is made and linked to your MDE account, you should have access to it there to customize your magicbands. The standard section is only 20% of this resort, so not a lot of great views as others have said. You either look at the driveway/front of resort, along with the noises that come with it, or you are looking at the valet parking lots. Because standard rooms are limited, I rarely get my requests. I keep putting them in, but go in with the expectation that I'll probably won't get my requests.

Thank you for all the replies
We would reserve a room through David's at the 11th month mark
Slightly off season - we would do early May
After Easter and 3 weeks before Memorial Day

I am an obsessive planner
David's has a great rental rate and a great liaison between us and the owner - a very safe transaction

We love the flower festival and Epcot
The BWV studio rental is less expensive than a Dolphin room

I just do not know if we get gray Magic bands or colors

We are not annual pass holders
Or DVC owners

Since it is not a resort and is a DVC rental thru a 3rd party , David's , we may get gray Magic bands
Oh well

Thank you

If you get your rental you will be able to customize magic bands as usual in MDE as long as you link tickets to it. All regular colors will be available.
Denise

I'm waiting to pass ROFR in a couple of weeks. Can someone do me a favor and check if there are Standard Views availabe from September 6 to 18? Thank you very much!!

I'm waiting to pass ROFR in a couple of weeks. Can someone do me a favor and check if there are Standard Views availabe from September 6 to 18? Thank you very much!!

Sorry - The DIS boards do not allow this.

And it doesn't help much as availability can change by minute.

Here's a picture from a standard room so you can visualize the view.

Looking left standing on the balcony:

Looking right standing on the balcony:

Ups! Sorry. So, do you know if, usually, it's hard to book inside the 7 month mark?

For Sept you should be able to get something somewhere. That's a longer length of stay so if you want to stay at one place SSR or maybe AKV will be available otherwise you will probably have to move. You didn't say if you were looking for a studio or 1BR but standard view at BWV is very popular and I think a little unlikely to be available for the entire time - it probably already isn't.

YEAH !
BWV standard studio per the website at the 11th month mark for our dates anywhere between
April 15 and May 15 is OPEN

Our other possible is WLV standard studio, same dates is also OPEN at the 11th month mark

We will have to pay in full the amount for the villa standard studio rental in full with Davids
Then we will have 11 months to save up for food, tickets and souvenirs

Plus we have to secure out JetBlue flight at least 6 months in advance.

I love planning!

Thank you for the web-site.

I would be able too make the reservation through Davids at the 1 year mark - or how ever ealry it can be available to rent.
We do no go to WDW unless all the money is available in our bank account
No credit card spending.

Love the picture views from the BW standard villa
Hope we get the same !

I would be able too make the reservation through Davids at the 1 year mark - or how ever ealry it can be available to rent.
We do no go to WDW unless all the money is available in our bank account
No credit card spending.

11 months is the furthest out and if this the plan you'll be fine. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter