• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Renovations

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
In January I received a letter from the Boardwalk general manager informing me of the renovations that will be taking place during my stay in late April. What is the current status of the project and is there anything I should be aware of? If I had known at booking I would have likely chosen an alternate.....

Thanks for your help!!

We left BWV last Tuesday. We were not impacted in any way by renovations. There are a few rooms still being refurbished but the odds are great that you will get an already refurbished room. There are changes taking place on the BW itself--e.g. Seashore Sweets and Flying Fish are closed, but there were no other issues when we were there. Have a great vacation!

We were there last week and saw one first floor wing of standard view villas blocked off for renovations.

Outside was a different story. They were painting all over the boardwalk area. The nice grassy area on the boardwalk was totally taken up with a big fence and full of painting equipment. Very unsightly out there. We had first time guests with us and feel they missed out on the charm of the Boardwalk area.

The parking lot is still a mess also with most of the closest DVC parking taken up with construction vehicles.

That is our second trip to the Boardwalk since September and both were impacted by construction. Ready for it to be over :)

When is it supposed to be over? I love that grassy area.....hope the fence comes down soon.

we are there mid June and rented two studios. Garden View. PRAYING for a refurb room

Just back from BWV and our room 1118 pool view, was not updated, but it really does need updating. Great location for walking to Studios and the bus stop. We are already missing WDW. Also, we did not put in a room request, just happy to be going.

we are there mid June and rented two studios. Garden View. PRAYING for a refurb room

The only rooms left to be finished are first floor rooms which might be finished by June but best to put in a request through the owner for high floor.

When is it supposed to be over? I love that grassy area.....hope the fence comes down soon.

The outside work has an estimated completion of August.

They put in new sod and flowers on the green this past week. It looked really nice when they finished!

Thanks for the update! I had to reserve a split stay for Thanksgiving because there was nothing open for a 4 day stretch. I'll keep checking back!

They put in new sod and flowers on the green this past week. It looked really nice when they finished!
We are checking in Saturday, 4/2/16. I have requested a Village Green view studio.
Is the painting equip still on/in the Village Green area? Thanks.

We are checking in Saturday, 4/2/16. I have requested a Village Green view studio.
Is the painting equip still on/in the Village Green area? Thanks.

They were over working on the inn side of the green when we were there this past week.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to our stay in October:banana:.. would imagine that most of the renovations will be finished.:goodvibes

I'm checking in on the 14th & looking forward it! It's our first stay at BWV. What should we expect, as far as renovations go? We booked a boardwalk view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter