BWV Rennovation Photos

I realize that as I stated in my previous thread on the other page. I was just wondering if the BWV rooms were going to look like this too.

No, they will not look that way after they are renovated. They will look generally the same with about the same sleeping arrangements if not the exact sleeping arrangements as before. The so-called "daybed" fits where the door would be if the studio connected to a one bedroom to make a two bedroom lockoff. So it is located along the wall and would as long as a door is wide - about 3.5' to 4' long. There isn't enough room in the studio for a twin sized day bed (you get the double sized sleeper sofa in that space).

I talked to MS about my upcoming trip August 1st to check to make sure I requested a high floor Boardwalk View. The CM said "yes I see thats however there is a note here that the top two floor will be closed due to renovations"!

Bummer was hoping that I might get lucky!;)

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know what floor you to get ... you never know you may get a renovated room:wizard:

Thanks for sharing such great pictures. It really does make you homesick especially seeing everything sparkling new, and we won't be returning until January. I hope I can hold out that long.

I am always homesick for the BWV:goodvibes

Any more info on how far it is to being finished.
I'm interested to know if the Boardwalk View 1 Bedrooms are completed.

Thanks, Deb

Going in Dec - can we ask for a refurb room? Or a better question is: what to request to be assured of getting a refurb room. We will have a dedicated 2 bedroom.

Thanks for taking the time to share. Overall, it looks great. Have to say I'm sad to see the "fence" in the hallway gone...I thought that was a whimsical touch!

Going in Dec - can we ask for a refurb room? Or a better question is: what to request to be assured of getting a refurb room. We will have a dedicated 2 bedroom.

There are no dedicated two bedroom villas at BWV. Only lockoffs.

There are no dedicated two bedroom villas at BWV. Only lockoffs.

oops - must be a dedicated at SSR then. One of our reservations said dedicated.

So, what's the best way to get a refurb room? It sounds as though there will still non-completed room in December.

Couple of hallway pics. I like them both (it was our first trip to BWW, so it all felt new to us!), but I do think I like the new carpeting better. Our room was not renovated, but everything in the room was very fresh and clean. We didn't really think it needs renovation! We saw a lady bringing an IHome Ipod thing to the room, my dd did wish that we had that in our room, I asked the CM about it, she said "sorry, those don't get put in to rooms until they are renovated".
-mary

P1040142.jpg

P1040143.jpg

Boy, the contrast between old and new is stark. The old hallways were beautiful -- and very cleverly themed. The new ones are bland -- look like a Marriott. Yuck!

Does anyone know with the Boardwalk renovations if they have altered the sleeping options in a 1 bedroom villa? I am curious if they have added the sleeper chair like BLT and AKL?

I like the new decor. While the hallways don't have the theming the old carpet really showed dirt and they were always cleaning. I think the new will hold up a little better. I was there last week and went in the preview rooms from the boardwalk to see the changes. The artwork is really nice! I just ordered one of the pictures that used to be over the sofa in the studios for my bedroom! DH and I are going down Friday and our ressie was changed from BWV/BW view to BCV due to the renovations. The whole middle section under the Boardwalk sign was covered in scaffolding last week.

Does anyone know with the Boardwalk renovations if they have altered the sleeping options in a 1 bedroom villa? I am curious if they have added the sleeper chair like BLT and AKL?

No sleeper chair has been reported by those who have posted about the renovated rooms.

We were at BWV last week in a renovated one-bedroom, AWESOME! No sleeper chair, but the room was great and spotless. It was DH's first time to BWV and he kept saying how much he liked the room and the resort. We can't wait to go back in February! I'll try to post some pictures later.

Pidge

We were at BWV last week in a renovated one-bedroom, AWESOME! No sleeper chair, but the room was great and spotless. It was DH's first time to BWV and he kept saying how much he liked the room and the resort. We can't wait to go back in February! I'll try to post some pictures later.

Pidge

Thanks Pidge!

Were the new TVs in place yet?

Yes! A flat screen in the living room area and one in the bedroom.

Pidge

Yes! A flat screen in the living room area and one in the bedroom.

Pidge

YEAH!!!:cool1:

Glad to hear that the TVs are finally there and in place. When I took the pictures in June at the beginning of this thread the renovation team was waiting on the furniture for the TVs.

If you have photos and can post them I know we would all appreciate it!

What view and floor where you on?

We were in room 3025. Our room had a view of the little canal where the water taxi runs. The armoire which holds the television in the livingroom has a Mickey head design in the wood (or faux wood, not sure). It was pretty wild! I did get a picture of this and will try and post it this evening.

Pidge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter