BWV refurb is in full swing.

They had another water issue in the gym area this morning. Workers were cleaning up fallen ceiling tiles and mopping up the floor.
They are taking down the scaffolding at the tunnel area and have also been painting that area on the ground floor. I’m guessing all the scaffolding on the main pool side on that wing will be down by the end of day.
More potted bushes closed off one of the doors to Big River Grill as they work on the ground floor section of the Boardwalk view wing. No scaffolding has gone up on that side but they are using cherry picker type machines to reach up.
any update ?

They had another water issue in the gym area this morning. Workers were cleaning up fallen ceiling tiles and mopping up the floor.
They are taking down the scaffolding at the tunnel area and have also been painting that area on the ground floor. I’m guessing all the scaffolding on the main pool side on that wing will be down by the end of day.
More potted bushes closed off one of the doors to Big River Grill as they work on the ground floor section of the Boardwalk view wing. No scaffolding has gone up on that side but they are using cherry picker type machines to reach up.

any update ?
As of this afternoon (Sat 10/28), I did not see workers cleaning anything up in the gym area. I just glanced in, but did not notice anything. No scaffolding in tunnel area. Still can't go in the first door of the gift shop, but other doors are open.

Unrelated: after 6:00 pm, no cupcakes visible in Boardwalk Deli but 4 different varieties available in Boardwalk gift shop.

As of this afternoon (Sat 10/28), I did not see workers cleaning anything up in the gym area. I just glanced in, but did not notice anything. No scaffolding in tunnel area. Still can't go in the first door of the gift shop, but other doors are open.

Unrelated: after 6:00 pm, no cupcakes visible in Boardwalk Deli but 4 different varieties available in Boardwalk gift shop.

Thank you

Even with the refurbishment in full swing, we had a great trip. I would have easily stayed another week. They have done a great job to contain the work areas.
Very excited to see the finished villas from the Boardwalk view wing once they are available and someone can posts pics.

Do we know if they are getting rid of the chandelier over the table in the 1-bedroom? I hit my head on it 3 times in the first 26 hours.
Edit: make that 4 times.

Last edited:

Do we know if they are getting rid of the chandelier over the table in the 1-bedroom? I hit my head on it 3 times in the first 26 hours.
Edit: make that 4 times.

We stayed in a P/G view studio recently and the light hanging by the table/Tv, I swear I almost hit my head 5x a day. And I’m only 5’10” ish. It’s in a bad spot.

About that chandelier... if you want to set your phone on the table in the living room to charge, the electrical outlet is under the chandelier. The bottom of the chandelier is about 4 1/2 feet off the ground. Plug in your phone, hit your head. Unplug your phone, hit your head. I could plug in my phone on the night stand, but at times i want to use it and I don't want to sit on the bed.

Okay, gripe over.

I just received a call from member services. My boardwalk view room has to be changed to a pool/garden, because the boardwalk view renovations will not be ready for another couple of months. We are checking in Dec. 2.

Last edited:
I just received a call from member services. My boardwalk view room has to be changed to a pool/garden, because the boardwalk view renovations will not be ready for another couple of months. We are checking in Dec. 2.
Oh no -- we check into BW view Dec. 8. Nothing yet but now I'm nervous :(

Oh no -- we check into BW view Dec. 8. Nothing yet but now I'm nervous :(
He told me that there was no way renovations would be complete by our check in date. I don't know where they are going to move everyone, since this is a popular time for DVC members. And how do they have garden/pool view rooms available now? I'm just glad they didn't move us to a different resort.

He told me that there was no way renovations would be complete by our check in date. I don't know where they are going to move everyone, since this is a popular time for DVC members. And how do they have garden/pool view rooms available now? I'm just glad they didn't move us to a different resort.
It's possible that they held back rooms due to the remodeling. I thought I remember people saying that BWV seemed to fill up faster at the 11 month window for December than it usually does.

It's possible that they held back rooms due to the remodeling. I thought I remember people saying that BWV seemed to fill up faster at the 11 month window for December than it usually does.
Yes, that makes sense to cover themselves if renovations weren't complete.

I rented DVC points for March 2024 and wanted a standard view studio and my friend who is DVC said she couldn't believe the limited availability 11 months out. She did not know about the pending remodel. I assume they held them back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter