BWV question

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by Momamae, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Momamae

Momamae Earning My Ears

Hi All,

Myself,DW,DD,DD will be in DW in 10 days and we are staying at the BWV studio garden and pool view. My question is should I request a certain room, view or does it really not matter? Just wondering and thank you.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

How is your stay booked? Through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center?

4. Momamae

Momamae Earning My Ears

Our stay is through DVC.

5. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

I would request "Village Green" view. The rooms there are all studios facing the grassy area between the lobby and the boat dock. They have a partial BW view and they are close to the elevator, lobby, pool, laundry, and BW.

6. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

I agree with "Village Green". We were on the first floor and the view was lovely looking out onto the "Croquet" courtyard. The only downside was that it was right next to a maintenance entrance and there would be large linen carts rumbling out pretty early in the morning. So, maybe a higher floor? Either way, you can't go wrong. BWV is awesome! :thumbsup2

7. Momamae

Momamae Earning My Ears

thank you, Village Green it is!

8. marlogood

marlogood Mouseketeer

I thought they considered those rooms Boardwalk view and not pool/garden view.

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Nope, they are just preferred, non-BW.

10. CRobin

CRobin DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

You can have Boardwalk View and be in a room facing the Village Green. We were there in October and had a Boardwalk View room over Wyland's Gallery and the gift shop on the corner. It was an excellent view of the Boardwalk and of the Epcot fireworks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

That was a 1BR though, wasn't it? We had that for 1 night in Oct too. The rest of the Village Green rooms are studios and in the pool/garden view category.

12. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Are you talking about the courtyard facing the Swan? That's not the Village Green. The Village Green is on the boardwalk side next to the lobby, the rooms are on floors 2 to 5.

13. CRobin

CRobin DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Yes that was a 1BR, and I believe the last room along Village Green before the turn to the Boardwalk. I was surprised that it was categorized as Boardwalk View but it lived up to that and we enjoyed the room and the view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. marlogood

marlogood Mouseketeer

I think I remember being in one of those rooms and it was a one bedroom with a very large balcony.

15. jekjones1558

The x051 rooms are dedicated 1 bedrooms on the corner. They are considered BW view. All of the other rooms between the elevator and the x051 rooms are pool/garden studios.

16. KAT4DISNEY

You may be thinking of the ones on the corner that directly face the boardwalk - those have balconies that are huge!! But the 1BR boardwalk views that face the village green have only one small balcony off of the living room.

17. jekjones1558

Actually some of the x051 rooms that face the Village Green DO have big balconies. The one we stayed in had a bigger balcony that was even bigger than the x049 rooms that are just around the corner and face the BW.

18. KAT4DISNEY

Maybe the 2nd floor room? We were on the 5th floor and at least the 2 floors below had the same small balcony. But now that I think about it I could have dropped something down on a very large balcony. :rotfl: It was extra deep as well as wide?

19. jekjones1558

Yes, extra deep and wide. But when we stayed it also had a tree partially blocking the view. I prefer the rooms directly facing the BW.

20. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I had 5051 once, it had a small balcony off the living room and no bedroom balcony. It was the first time I booked boardwalk view and I was disappointed. My mom was with me and she wasn't well so I didn't say anything, I didn't want to give up the close distance to the elevator.

21. MsTessP

MsTessP Mouseketeer

We had a Village Green studio just last month. We were on the third floor, had a great view, and I swear we could have held a cocktail party on that huge balcony!