• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV question

Momamae

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Myself,DW,DD,DD will be in DW in 10 days and we are staying at the BWV studio garden and pool view. My question is should I request a certain room, view or does it really not matter? Just wondering and thank you.

Hi All,

Myself,DW,DD,DD will be in DW in 10 days and we are staying at the BWV studio garden and pool view. My question is should I request a certain room, view or does it really not matter? Just wondering and thank you.

How is your stay booked? Through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center?

I would request "Village Green" view. The rooms there are all studios facing the grassy area between the lobby and the boat dock. They have a partial BW view and they are close to the elevator, lobby, pool, laundry, and BW.

I agree with "Village Green". We were on the first floor and the view was lovely looking out onto the "Croquet" courtyard. The only downside was that it was right next to a maintenance entrance and there would be large linen carts rumbling out pretty early in the morning. So, maybe a higher floor? Either way, you can't go wrong. BWV is awesome! :thumbsup2

marlogood said:
I thought they considered those rooms Boardwalk view and not pool/garden view.

You can have Boardwalk View and be in a room facing the Village Green. We were there in October and had a Boardwalk View room over Wyland's Gallery and the gift shop on the corner. It was an excellent view of the Boardwalk and of the Epcot fireworks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You can have Boardwalk View and be in a room facing the Village Green. We were there in October and had a Boardwalk View room over Wyland's Gallery and the gift shop on the corner. It was an excellent view of the Boardwalk and of the Epcot fireworks.

That was a 1BR though, wasn't it? We had that for 1 night in Oct too. The rest of the Village Green rooms are studios and in the pool/garden view category.

I agree with "Village Green". We were on the first floor and the view was lovely looking out onto the "Croquet" courtyard. The only downside was that it was right next to a maintenance entrance and there would be large linen carts rumbling out pretty early in the morning. So, maybe a higher floor? Either way, you can't go wrong. BWV is awesome! :thumbsup2

Are you talking about the courtyard facing the Swan? That's not the Village Green. The Village Green is on the boardwalk side next to the lobby, the rooms are on floors 2 to 5.

KAT4DISNEY said:
That was a 1BR though, wasn't it? We had that for 1 night in Oct too. The rest of the Village Green rooms are studios and in the pool/garden view category.

Yes that was a 1BR, and I believe the last room along Village Green before the turn to the Boardwalk. I was surprised that it was categorized as Boardwalk View but it lived up to that and we enjoyed the room and the view.

I think I remember being in one of those rooms and it was a one bedroom with a very large balcony.

The x051 rooms are dedicated 1 bedrooms on the corner. They are considered BW view. All of the other rooms between the elevator and the x051 rooms are pool/garden studios.

I think I remember being in one of those rooms and it was a one bedroom with a very large balcony.

You may be thinking of the ones on the corner that directly face the boardwalk - those have balconies that are huge!! But the 1BR boardwalk views that face the village green have only one small balcony off of the living room.

You may be thinking of the ones on the corner that directly face the boardwalk - those have balconies that are huge!! But the 1BR boardwalk views that face the village green have only one small balcony off of the living room.

Actually some of the x051 rooms that face the Village Green DO have big balconies. The one we stayed in had a bigger balcony that was even bigger than the x049 rooms that are just around the corner and face the BW.

Actually some of the x051 rooms that face the Village Green DO have big balconies. The one we stayed in had a bigger balcony that was even bigger than the x049 rooms that are just around the corner and face the BW.

Maybe the 2nd floor room? We were on the 5th floor and at least the 2 floors below had the same small balcony. But now that I think about it I could have dropped something down on a very large balcony. :rotfl: It was extra deep as well as wide?

Maybe the 2nd floor room? We were on the 5th floor and at least the 2 floors below had the same small balcony. But now that I think about it I could have dropped something down on a very large balcony. :rotfl: It was extra deep as well as wide?

Yes, extra deep and wide. But when we stayed it also had a tree partially blocking the view. I prefer the rooms directly facing the BW.

I had 5051 once, it had a small balcony off the living room and no bedroom balcony. It was the first time I booked boardwalk view and I was disappointed. My mom was with me and she wasn't well so I didn't say anything, I didn't want to give up the close distance to the elevator.

We had a Village Green studio just last month. We were on the third floor, had a great view, and I swear we could have held a cocktail party on that huge balcony!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter