BWV preferred rooms

Shacka1

Hakuna Matata
Hello!

I cannot find the BWV group (unless there isn't one)

Does anyone know where the preferred rooms are at BWV?

In addition to that, I know this is a tough question but what are my chances at 7 mos out for a studio? Looking for end of Feb 2023 to beginning of March 2023, hoping that's an off time, trying to go before spring break!

Thanks so much!

Here's the BWV thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-i-love-bwv-yes-hallways-and-clown-pool-too-thread.1300921/
The Preferred View rooms started out including both Pool/Garden view and Boardwalk view, with BW view being a request. After multiple loud melt downs at the front desk by owners whose request for BW view weren't met, P/G view and BW view became separate booking categories but the points costs remained the same.
Thank you for sharing the link! So the preferred rooms are for the view? I just want to be close to the main pool, food, boardwalk. I don't care about the view per se, just want to be in a good room location wise

Yes, at BWV preferred rooms are classified as such based on the view. The standard view rooms look at the front driveway and the parking lot. Here's the Boardwalk Resort map - the BWV is the portion on the left, the Inn is on the right: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm. BWV hallways are legendary for their length, so to be close to the main pool, food and boardwalk you should simply request Close to Elevators, because there's only one set of elevators that can take you to the pool/food/boardwalk.

Thank you for sharing the link! So the preferred rooms are for the view? I just want to be close to the main pool, food, boardwalk. I don't care about the view per se, just want to be in a good room location wise
Just so you know at BWV there is standard, pool/garden, and Boardwalk views. Pool/garden and Boardwalk views are both considered preferred and cost the same amount of points whereas the standard views are pretty much all views of the parking lot and skyliner. Standard views are very hard to get even for owners because of their lower cost of points. You're best shot for BWV is a preferred view because a vast majority of the rooms there are pool/garden views.

Yes, at BWV preferred rooms are classified as such based on the view. The standard view rooms look at the front driveway and the parking lot. Here's the Boardwalk Resort map - the BWV is the portion on the left, the Inn is on the right: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm. BWV hallways are legendary for their length, so to be close to the main pool, food and boardwalk you should simply request Close to Elevators, because there's only one set of elevators that can take you to the pool/food/boardwalk.
Thank you so much!

Just so you know at BWV there is standard, pool/garden, and Boardwalk views. Pool/garden and Boardwalk views are both considered preferred and cost the same amount of points whereas the standard views are pretty much all views of the parking lot and skyliner. Standard views are very hard to get even for owners because of their lower cost of points. You're best shot for BWV is a preferred view because a vast majority of the rooms there are pool/garden views.
Awesome thank you so much!

Oh and those standard views are so far away from the lobby....so far.....so far...................
Hahaha good to know! I know they have some looooong hallways there!

I hope I can be able to book it, fingers crossed!

You should be able to get a pool/garden view easily. I just booked for after thanksgiving for a 2BR lockoff and there was 2BR availability for pool/garden back through June, which would mean studios have to available as well. I think you should be safe at the 7 month mark for a pool/garden view but as mentioned just request close to elevator/lobby.

Sorry to leap on, folks. I booked through a points rental company and all I know is “2BR preferred”. How do I know if that’s boardwalk view or pool/garden?

Sorry to leap on, folks. I booked through a points rental company and all I know is “2BR preferred”. How do I know if that’s boardwalk view or pool/garden?
You could ask the rental company. The reservation from Disney that they would have will state Boardwalk View or Garden View. Most likely it is Garden/Pool as that is the majority of the rooms.

The first rooms to book are the standard, then boardwalk and after those are gone, G/P is what is left.

Just a heads up, a garden/pool view can easily have a location just as great as a boardwalk view, such as across the hall from one another. Same with a standard view - you might be right across the hall from garden/pool. Meaning both could have a long walk or both could be close to the elevator bank.

Last July we had booked a 2 br pool/garden view. The room they assigned us was horrible. It literally was the last room at the end of the hallway as far away from pools as it could be. I complained, not because of the location so much but for the fact I booked preferred and used the points for preferred. The first person I spoke with said they weren't sure why I was put in that room but we would have to spend one night there because there weren't anymore rooms available. Then spoke to a manager who tried to say it was considered garden view. It was a crazy fiasco, but ended up getting moved the next day to a great bottom floor room near the main pool THat honestly was the best room location we ever have had at BWV. We have been owners there since 1999. Also, the manager ended up giving us $400 in room credit, so it all worked out and everyone in our group was happy with the room.

Last July we had booked a 2 br pool/garden view. The room they assigned us was horrible. It literally was the last room at the end of the hallway as far away from pools as it could be. I complained, not because of the location so much but for the fact I booked preferred and used the points for preferred. The first person I spoke with said they weren't sure why I was put in that room but we would have to spend one night there because there weren't anymore rooms available. Then spoke to a manager who tried to say it was considered garden view. It was a crazy fiasco, but ended up getting moved the next day to a great bottom floor room near the main pool THat honestly was the best room location we ever have had at BWV. We have been owners there since 1999. Also, the manager ended up giving us $400 in room credit, so it all worked out and everyone in our group was happy with the room.
I’m glad they made you happy! For others reading this thread, be aware that “Preferred view” at BWV includes Boardwalk view and Pool/Garden view, in other words, anything that isn’t Standard view, which is a view of the parking lots. So Preferred view does include the rooms at the very far end of the hallway that look toward Swan/Dolphin, over what’s called the Croquet Court on this map. So, no view of a pool, but a view of a garden area, probably one of the quieter P/G views.

I felt it was way more of a parking lot view than a garden view. Which I would not have minded if they had t charged me so many points. And when the desk person told me it was classified as a standard room, is what upset me somewhat. I have stayed in the parking lot views on multiple times when I paid for that room.

I felt it was way more of a parking lot view than a garden view. Which I would not have minded if they had t charged me so many points. And when the desk person told me it was classified as a standard room, is what upset me somewhat. I have stayed in the parking lot views on multiple times when I paid for that room.
If you could see the Boardwalk Resort parking lot or the tennis courts, I agree, that was not a preferred view room! That's a standard view.

When it comes to Preferred garden/pool view rooms, I'm probably one of the few who specifically asks NOT to be near the main pool. My favorite pool/garden room spots are all the way down the end of the hall, facing the small garden and looking across to Swan/Dolphin. I don't use the pools when I'm there (we live in Florida and have a pool), and none in my party have kids, so that Swan/Dolphin garden view is quieter, offers a very convenient short walk to the Swan bus stop (it's much closer than walking to the Boardwalk stop!), and is just a short trip around the corner to the boardwalk by Jellyrolls, or across to Beach/Yacht.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter