BWV for Oct @ 7 months

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
We are traveling to WDW in Oct and already have reservations at Kidani. We would like to stay at BWV. Any chance of getting a 2BR for 4 days followed by 1BR for 4 days @ the 7 month window? We would prefer a standard view, but probably have enough points for a preferred view. Since we are doing 8 days, we would probably have to wait until 7 months plus one day -- thoughts?

Many BWV owners bought for the 11 month window for October, December and BW and SV rooms. The likelihood of SV is not good, but preferred is possible, perhaps with a waitlist.

Best wishes!
Bobbi:goodvibes

You know all the two bedrooms at BWV are lockoffs, correct?

It will be hard getting these at 7 months out, but you won't know until you try. Standard will be nearly impossible.

I own at BWV and wanted a 2br for 5 nights at 9 months. I was able to book 3 nights and I am waitlisted for the other 2 nights. So far it has not come through. I currently have the first 2 nights at VWL. It's a good thing I have 2 home resorts!

I had the same scenerio last year and it did not come through. We wound up doing our first split stay.

I usually book at the 11 month window, but both years extra family members asked to accompany us so I had to upgrade to a 2BR.

i agree with bobbie and deb...
maybe preferred pool/garden, but standard or BW view would be close to impossible. there are BWV owners already waitlisting from the 11 month on. also, the 1bd is more likely than the 2 bdrm (more units).

for a prior october, we waitlisted at just past the 11 month mark for a BW view studio, and it never come through (we had a pool/garden back-up).

good lucj, but try not to get your hopes up :)

For the purposes of being put on a waitlist (and having two wait list choices) Is a Boardwalk view considered a different booking category than a preferred room?

EDIT: NEVERMIND - found the answer on dvcmember.com

For the purposes of being put on a waitlist (and having two wait list choices) Is a Boardwalk view considered a different booking category than a preferred room?

EDIT: NEVERMIND - found the answer on dvcmember.com

And for anyone else reading this site, yes, it is an additional booking category.

We are traveling to WDW in Oct and already have reservations at Kidani. We would like to stay at BWV. Any chance of getting a 2BR for 4 days followed by 1BR for 4 days @ the 7 month window? We would prefer a standard view, but probably have enough points for a preferred view. Since we are doing 8 days, we would probably have to wait until 7 months plus one day -- thoughts?

I guess some of it depends on what part of October. The beginning of October is tough, since the F&W starts on the first, and also Colombus Day weekend is another tough time. Good luck and keep us posted. Preferred view is your best choice for availability.

This is not exactly what you need but...

In early January, we asked for a standard view BWV studio for any time during the Food & Wine festival.

The ONLY week with 5 days in a row available was the last week in September. We will be there for the first 2 days of F&W.:banana::banana:

I am confused, I have rented several times and have stayed at the Boardwalk. There are 3 room categories? standard - garden/pool - boardwalk

Are there point differences between the 3 or are garden/pool - boardwalk both considered perferred?

Trying to book 7 month window...tomorrow and I just want to be clear....
thanks, and I am sorry if this has been asked before.

The Dis points calculator only calculates for 2 categories.
Thanks,
Carrie

BWV has standard and preferred views.

If you book a preferred view you need to request Boardwalk or Pool/garden. Boardwalk is more popular and has fewer rooms than pool/garden.

So, two point categories with 3 different views.

Oct at BW is a tough time to grab. The funny thing is that I'm trying to do the reverse of the OP in a way. We are booked in 2 standard studios from the 16 to 23. But, I want to move over to Kidani for the 21-23 in a sav one bedroom!!! Here's hoping that's easier to do than going the other way!!! Have to wait another few weeks before I can try.

Yesterday I tried to book a 2br at BWV at the 7 month mark....there were no 2 brs or studios available in any view for 10/1...there were 1 br prefered views available

Was able to get studio preferred view on Oct 1-4...Wine and Dine...here I come!!!

Good luck, I hear this is a tough one to get 7 months out :)
Pixie dust all around.

Was able to get studio preferred view on Oct 1-4...Wine and Dine...here I come!!!

Good luck, I hear this is a tough one to get 7 months out :)
Pixie dust all around.

Congrats...I guess someone moved to a different resort this morning and opened up a studio at BWV

Yesterday I tried to book a 2br at BWV at the 7 month mark....there were no 2 brs or studios available in any view for 10/1...there were 1 br prefered views available

I called today for 10/1 and there were 1br available for standard (which I got, lucky I know) and preferred for my 6 night stay.

FYI - There were also 1br available at BCV for those same nights.

Me too! Got BWV studio preferred (pool/garden). Sept 29-Oct 4
I actually had to book OKW, as there was no avail on Oct 1. Then I waitlisted BWV, and while we were still on the phone - the waitlist came through! :)

That's great. BWV is really convenient for F&W! My DGS wanted VWL, and so, guess where we'll be staying!

Today I got a 1br SV at the 7-month mark for the first week of October. I thought I was lucky, but it looks like others had the same luck too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter