• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV first floor luna pool view?

sandy0904

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the BWV and am thinking about room requests. We are a family of four which includes a 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl so we will definitely be spending some time at pool. I was thinking of requesting a luna pool view on the first floor for ease of getting to the pool directly from the room. I'm guessing it will not always be very quiet but we tend to get up on the earlier side and do not expect to go to bed all that early. Any thoughts or advice on room requests with my situation? Any reason why I should reconsider a first floor/luna pool request?

I have never stayed on the first floor. However, I spent some time going through my BWV pictures and can't find one to verify what I'm thinking. For some reason, in my mind, I'm not sure there is a clear path from first floor rooms to the Luna pool. I think you still need to go down the hall to the door to the walkway to the pool. Plus, the pool, I believe, is now fenced. So it's not a direct out the patio door to the pool. I have not visited in a few years, so I do not know if the quiet pool is now fenced...but I do recall if you had a first floor room there, you could go directly out the patio door to the pool. Hopefully some other members will answer you with more clarity!

Not sure about the Luna pool but I don't remember that many rooms on the 1st floor facing the pool. I think there where some other things facing the pool. I did have a room on the 1st floor facing the quiet pool across from the Swan & Dolphin. Usually I like to have a view and balcony on a higher floor but we did enjoy the easy pool access. Walked out our sliding door and we were in the pool area in like 10 steps. Plus, we were only a short walk to the much noisier Luna pool area.

I have never stayed on the first floor. However, I spent some time going through my BWV pictures and can't find one to verify what I'm thinking. For some reason, in my mind, I'm not sure there is a clear path from first floor rooms to the Luna pool. I think you still need to go down the hall to the door to the walkway to the pool. Plus, the pool, I believe, is now fenced. So it's not a direct out the patio door to the pool. I have not visited in a few years, so I do not know if the quiet pool is now fenced...but I do recall if you had a first floor room there, you could go directly out the patio door to the pool. Hopefully some other members will answer you with more clarity!

It seems to me most of the patios have bushes that block "patio to pool" access - but I haven't seen it since the fence went in.

I will say a few things: The ground floor pool rooms mean people can see into your room if your curtains aren't pulled.

And, BWV has been really bad in my experience on meeting requests. Whereever you end up, find the stairs that will get your kids to the pool quickly.

The first/ground floor rooms have bushes to get over, which is not easy, and you cannot lock the patio door if you leave that way. Have not seen the new fence enclosure but I am guessing that if you find a way to get past the bushes, you probably now would have to walk over to the area that is actually near where one would usually exit the building to get to the pool, meaning it really won't save much time.

Thank you for your input. Reconsidering the first floor as it doesn't seem to be as convenient as I would have hoped.

They have bushes to block you from doing this in most cases plus you'd be unable to lock the slider so your room would remain accessible while you were out if you exited that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter