• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV boardwalk view vs BCV

This was our view from our wonderful 1 bed BWV last September…we absolutely loved the resort, we stayed hotel side of BC in a standard room in 2020 and Loved it there as well but for room views the BWV wins hands down

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 10
Even sitting on the BW View balcony isn't a great view if the balcony is slatted. The slats tend to be wide and the railings - in Disney safety fashion - high. So sitting on the balcony for the view isn't great. But standing on the balcony gives you a great view in the mornings and evenings.

I'm not a huge SAB fan and my own kids preferred the BWV pool and slide to SAB.

I prefer BWVs room layout - and I don't like how BCV is tucked back away from the main part of the resort.

People mention the noise from the Boardwalk and I always thought they were talking about the noise of the people. Then I stayed in a BW view room and realized there is also noise from the music that they have playing throughout the day. I was ok with it, but it's just something to be aware of. You may also hear the boat horns, but I don't mind them so much either.
My vote would be for BWV if SAB wasn't a factor.

People mention the noise from the Boardwalk and I always thought they were talking about the noise of the people. Then I stayed in a BW view room and realized there is also noise from the music that they have playing throughout the day. I was ok with it, but it's just something to be aware of. You may also hear the boat horns, but I don't mind them so much either.
My vote would be for BWV if SAB wasn't a factor.

We've always though the BW is a "noisy" resort - regardless of where you stay, but Boardwalk views in particular. With the windows shut, its just background noise if you have been a city dweller - boat horns, game noises, music, entertainers, people. (The rooms overlooking the pool are also noisy as the pool noise bounces off the resort itself, standard view has probably gotten quieter without Magical Express traffic, but you can still get a lot of front of resort noise). But if you are someone who is used to deep quiet, I would think it would be noticeable even with the door shut.

If the pool is overly important to you, BCV is a good choice. But honestly, we kind of like Boardwalk better. We've stayed at both and the Boardwalk just tends to be more enjoyable. They have updated a lot of the rooms twice since we've owned there. Really, both are great for getting to HS and Epcot. We usually walk to Epcot and end up taking the boat coming back.

Keep in mind, the further you are from the main desk at the Boardwalk, the closer you are to HS. We've actually walked to HS a few times and even caught the boat at the Swan and Dolphin instead of the main Boardwalk dock. Both resorts are great and are in the mid range of points per stay. Boardwalk tends to offer a little better options on views, if that's important to you.

My wife is a HUGE Boardwalk fan. She really hates staying anywhere else. I'm more of a BLT fan, but I like the Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter