BWV Availability During October....Give it to me straight...

I'm constantly confused by the number of times I read how hard it is to get BWV at 11 months. Perhaps it's the weekend portion that's the most difficult (i.e., for a week-long stay)?

I called 11 months prior to my desired dates for 2015, shortly after the office opened. I wanted to stay October 18 (Sunday *after* Columbus Day) to the 23rd (Friday - so 5 nights, Sun-Thurs). I had absolutely no issues. I got a standard 1-bedroom, no problem. I got another standard 1 bedroom, no problem. I got a *third* standard 1 bedroom, no problem. I got a FOURTH room, though this was a Boardwalk view 2-bedroom - again, no problem.

So ..... why am I able, year after year, to get exactly the room(s) I want with no issues? Going back, I can find evidence that I've gone to WDW 13 out of the last 15 years and I've never had difficulties getting the room I want. Only once have I stayed in November - otherwise, it's during October. But only once have I stayed over the weekend - so my advice is to not stay a full week! :-)

Its' because you are booking a standard ONE bedroom. It's the standard studios and 2 bedrooms that are hard to get. Remember at BWV you have to have a standard studio and standard 1 bedroom to get a 2 bedroom since they are all lockoffs. Many of us book the standard studios. Once they are sold out, you CAN not get a standard 2 bedroom, which leaves alot of standard 1 bedroom available. This year, just like last year, I managed 2 standard studios with different arrival dates. I snagged each by 8:00AM, but checked back after I was done and both times, that first night was sold out. It gets harder each year to do this. As long as you need that 1 bedroom you should be good at the 11 month window.

Its' because you are booking a standard ONE bedroom. It's the standard studios and 2 bedrooms that are hard to get. Remember at BWV you have to have a standard studio and standard 1 bedroom to get a 2 bedroom since they are all lockoffs. Many of us book the standard studios. Once they are sold out, you CAN not get a standard 2 bedroom, which leaves alot of standard 1 bedroom available. This year, just like last year, I managed 2 standard studios with different arrival dates. I snagged each by 8:00AM, but checked back after I was done and both times, that first night was sold out. It gets harder each year to do this. As long as you need that 1 bedroom you should be good at the 11 month window.

This is what *my* family is hoping for since we like to stay in 1BR's.

The plan is to transfer in BWV points for my parents and my sister's family (6 people total) in order to get 7 nights in a standard 2BR at BWV. *IF* we are successful, my family (of 4) is planning to use our AKV points to book our first 3 nights in a studio at AKV and then try to get a standard 1BR at BWV at the 7 month window for the last 4 nights. If we are unsuccessful, then we will hopefully all be able to get our desired rooms (a 2BR standard L/O and a 1BR standard) at AKV Kidani.

BWV is our home resort and stupidly I didn't book at the 11 month, and tried and failed at the 9th month. So i thought we would give SSR a try, luckily was able to.

I found a thread that answered most of my questions about Oct booking but was wondering if getting a 2BDR BW view is as difficult at standard. The dates I'm looking to book are Oct 19-24. I did transfer in BWV points but was able
to get my UY so I can book all on line.
thanks

Last year I called to book several standard studios and a standard 2 bedroom at 9am on the first day I could call (transferred points so could not do online). This was for checkin on 10/18/15 to 10/23/15. Well that morning there was a glitch with the computer system (shocked I know!!) and no one could book online. I started calling Member Services a couple of mintues before 9am and was on hold for 25 minutes.sweating the whole time since this was for a huge family trip. I could not get one standard studio by the time I was connnected with member services....got all pool/garden views with the points I had. A couple of days later I booked a standard one bedroom with another BWV owner to get enough space for all of us. Only time I have ever called and not gotten what I wanted right at the 11 month mark.

I'm back with another question(s)...

Our point transfer should be complete by next week. Since this is going to be a REALLY tough reservation to get, should I just start trying to get a week as soon as I get the transfer? I know that in order to "lock in" a week (via walking), the key is to grab it when that first night is available. Since I will have to call, thus slowing me down even further, I'm wondering if I should just start trying as soon as the points are in my account? We will have enough points to book a full week so there should not be a change in point value (no borrowing involved) throughout the process. I mentioned this to my dad and he asked me a question that I didn't have the answer to... Let's say that the points arrive in my account on November 2 and I am able to book October 2-9 (7 nights). I will have to call back on November 8 to drop Oct 2-8 and change the reservation to October 9-16. Then, on November 15, I can call back and drop October 9-14 and make my reservation for October 15-22 which is what we want. Am I correct so far? My dad asked me if it is correct that once I am able to book that first night (and 6 subsequent nights), would our final dates of Oct 15-22 then be "guaranteed" by proceeding as I described?

My mom and I just returned from our F&W trip (stayed at Pop Century) and we walked to and through the BW area a few times and she is really looking forward to staying there. I've tried not to get her hopes up, but I am willing to jump through whatever hoops I have to in order to maximize their chances. This may be the last trip that my parents take to WDW and I want to make sure that they really enjoy it.

Yes, you've described "walking" a reservation. Once you have the first bookable day, you've got it locked up for the duration.

But, I'd expect some trouble when "walking" with transferred points. That just seems like it's going to get confusing and difficult.

Yes, you've described "walking" a reservation. Once you have the first bookable day, you've got it locked up for the duration.

But, I'd expect some trouble when "walking" with transferred points. That just seems like it's going to get confusing and difficult.

I think it will help that my points are at AKV and HHI, but the transferred points are at BWV. Since I am booking with a set number of points, outside of MY home resorts, I'm hoping that will minimize any confusion. It will be one resort/one UY involved.

One more question...

I looked at the resort availability tool today for a week starting September 29, 2016. It shows September 29 and 30 available, but when you click ahead to October 1, there is nothing available. How could that be?? It's not possible for the 29th and 30th to be available but nothing into October. I'll add that I am not relying on the RAT to be accurate...I know that availability varies minute by minute and that tool is simply a guideline.

One more question...

I looked at the resort availability tool today for a week starting September 29, 2016. It shows September 29 and 30 available, but when you click ahead to October 1, there is nothing available. How could that be?? It's not possible for the 29th and 30th to be available but nothing into October. I'll add that I am not relying on the RAT to be accurate...I know that availability varies minute by minute and that tool is simply a guideline.

It's probably a glitch in the availability tool. I am a BWV member and just tried 9/29 to 10/6 using book online and everything is available.

One more question...

The calendar doesn't seem to work for anything forward of the 11 month date when clicking forward.

One more question...

If you are at 11 months out and stradling a month in your anticipated reservation, the second month will often not show the actual status of any days. It is just one of the glitches in the new Check Resort Availability Page (acronym CRAP), which since its introduction in the latter part of September 2015 has had numerous issues, including being inaccurate far too often. I just wish Disney would start hiring Mickey to do its web pages rather than Goofy and Donald.

Here's a new one...

I'm looking at the availability tool and it shows October 3 and 4 available, October 5 (today) as UNAVAILABLE, but October 6-10 are all available. Aside from a computer glitch, what's the deal?? How can there be available rooms the day before and the day after, but not the day of the 11-month window??

Let's say my points show up today...I cannot book October 3-10 with a one-night waitlist for the 5th in the middle can I?

Last edited:
I'm looking at the availability tool and it shows October 3 and 4 available, October 5 (today) as UNAVAILABLE, but October 6-10 are all available. Aside from a computer glitch, what's the deal?? How can there be available rooms the day before and the day after, but not the day of the 11-month window??
This could happen if a room or several rooms were booked for just that one night (Oct 5).

Let's say my points show up today...I cannot book October 3-10 with a one-night waitlist for the 5th in the middle can I?
No you cannot book a reservation with a hole in the middle. You could book Oct 3 and 4 and then create a WL for Oct 5-10. Then tomorrow book the nights of Oct 6-10 provided they are still available tomorrow.

This could happen if a room or several rooms were booked for just that one night (Oct 5).

No you cannot book a reservation with a hole in the middle. You could book Oct 3 and 4 and then create a WL for Oct 5-10. Then tomorrow book the nights of Oct 6-10 provided they are still available tomorrow.

That's what I thought...which gets me nowhere because I need October 15-22 as my final dates. I won't be available on the morning of November 15 to call (deer hunting season!) so I may have to try on the 14th and go from there. I am almost sure I will be waitlisting the entire trip....hopefully, we will have luck and it will fill before the 7 month window opens.

Even though most people that have posted on this thread already know...I GOT THE WHOLE WEEK!!:banana: I was able to get the full 7 nights in a standard 2BR for my extended family...parents + Sister/BiL and my 2 nieces.

Now, onto the next challenge...booking the same week in a standard 1BR for my family:eek:. I am sure that F&W has a lot to do with it, but can someone explain why there is SO much standard 1BR availability, even at 6 months out? I looked at the availability and between April and October (6 months!), there are only TEN nights that are not available:scratchin. What I draw from this is that I should have a VERY good chance at getting my full week when my 7 month window opens...am I correct? How much does F&W effect the 1BR availability?? I pointed out to my sister the points difference and I didn't realize that a 1BR is MORE than DOUBLE the cost of a studio. Is that the driving factor in the low demand for 1BR's? I don't mind studios:crowded:, but a vacation in a 1BR is what I call a vacation:beach:.

I didn't realize that a 1BR is MORE than DOUBLE the cost of a studio. Is that the driving factor in the low demand for 1BR's? I don't mind studios:crowded:, but a vacation in a 1BR is what I call a vacation:beach:.

You nailed it. I am looking forward to the day they up the studios and lower the 1 bedrooms. That will make up for how badly the studio rehabs have hurt those of us that book them for just 2 adults.

Laura

Even though most people that have posted on this thread already know...I GOT THE WHOLE WEEK!!:banana: I was able to get the full 7 nights in a standard 2BR for my extended family...parents + Sister/BiL and my 2 nieces.

Now, onto the next challenge...booking the same week in a standard 1BR for my family:eek:. ... I looked at the availability and between April and October (6 months!), there are only TEN nights that are not available:scratchin. What I draw from this is that I should have a VERY good chance at getting my full week when my 7 month window opens...am I correct?

Well, poop! I have to stop checking because it will drive me crazy:crazy:. Unfortunately, there are now three nights, right in the middle of our week, that are now showing as unavailable in the standard 1BR:sad:. I will probably try a waitlist, and things will change between now and March when I can finally book, but now, I've added another option to the mix...BEACH CLUB:beach:!

I told my dad that no matter what, I am not going to let them give up their BWV reservation just so that they can stay in the same resort as my family. Obviously, we'd like to be as close as possible, but the BWV was their dream reservation and they are all excited about it so I won't let them give it up...and since I am the member in control of the reservation, they can't do anything about it:teeth:.

I looked at Beach Club and saw that the full week is still available there in a 1BR. Again, I know that can change, but I looked at our points and we have enough to do our first 2 nights in a studio at Jambo House (which is a reservation I already made) and then the last 5 at BCV. I figure that if this works out, we will be about as close as possible without actually being in the same resort.

So....that leads me to the next obvious question...what are the odds that BCV will have a 1BR available for a Mon-Fri night in October???

Well, poop! I have to stop checking because it will drive me crazy:crazy:. Unfortunately, there are now three nights, right in the middle of our week, that are now showing as unavailable in the standard 1BR:sad:. I will probably try a waitlist, and things will change between now and March when I can finally book, but now, I've added another option to the mix...BEACH CLUB:beach:!

I told my dad that no matter what, I am not going to let them give up their BWV reservation just so that they can stay in the same resort as my family. Obviously, we'd like to be as close as possible, but the BWV was their dream reservation and they are all excited about it so I won't let them give it up...and since I am the member in control of the reservation, they can't do anything about it:teeth:.

I looked at Beach Club and saw that the full week is still available there in a 1BR. Again, I know that can change, but I looked at our points and we have enough to do our first 2 nights in a studio at Jambo House (which is a reservation I already made) and then the last 5 at BCV. I figure that if this works out, we will be about as close as possible without actually being in the same resort.

So....that leads me to the next obvious question...what are the odds that BCV will have a 1BR available for a Mon-Fri night in October???
The questions comes in that how many rooms are being taken out of service for the refurb and how many people do not want to put up with the refurb. This is going be a hard one to figure out.

Any standard views, you want to be ready at 11 months on the dot!

We usually book 1 bedroom, which is not as hard. This year we had plenty of points, so went for a 2 bed standard last week of October. I was on at 8 am ready, got it no problem.

You must own at BWV to book standards pretty much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter