BWV and ROFR

kimpossible

DIS Veteran
Hi-

How many of you have had a BWV contract recently snagged by ROFR? If you don't mind me asking...what were the details?

Or on the other hand...if you had a BWV contract go through lately and don't mind sharing the details...I could use some reassuring.

I do not mean to pry. I am just really nervous about our contract and wonder if I should call and up the price. The owner will let us counter ROFR, but I don't know if Disney will?

Thanks-

Kim

disney will - so if they say they are taken it back - just add some more dollars then.

DH and I just passed ROFR on the following BWV contract:

UY December
Price per point - $71
Banked - 26
Available - all of 350 for '04
We paid all closing and since we got all the points in '04, all the MF's for '04 as well.

Our guide at The Timeshare said he couldn't believe Disney didn't buy that contract out from underneath us. There is no rhyme or reason to what they're buying and passing on. Just keep in mind that if you don't get it, try again!

Sending you pixie dust!:wizard:

Kim,

We're waiting ourselfves. We've been in ROFR since last Friday. The wait is killing us. We're a liitle scared because our deal is a little too good to be true, but we'll see. Good luck to you and your family.

Have a Disney day!

It should pass if you paid $72 - $74, plus closing and MF's.

I recently passed this month at $73 for 150 pt contract at BWV, June use year, 110 pts current, all 2005 available. I paid closing and MF's on the 110 pts.

Good luck to all of you. Sent signed papers in on Tuesday, seller has all their papers in, so hope to be finalized before the end of the month.:teeth:

We passed a few weeks ago on a 230 pt BWV contract. We payed $73 per point (the sellers asking price) and closing costs. The rep at the Timeshare store told us that anything under $73 probably would not have passed. There were no points avail for 2004, but all of 2005's June UY. I hope this helps. Good luck!

our OKW resale went to disney on monday 8/9 ... two weeks and counting ... i'm thinking "no news is NOT good news"

i've read that sometime after 8/9 ...a very similar OKW contract ($70 per pt +1/2 2004 MF) was taken by disney.

how does ROFR work ... does disney sit down and look at all the contracts at once? do you think that everyone waiting now will find out on the same day ...

i've not read ANY news regarding passing/not passing of resale contracts in at least a week

I am wondering if they use a computer program, that takes all the logical stuff into consideration, but also has some bug, that they are not yet aware of.

princess: Eileen

pirate:
I wonder if disney use a variety of criteria:
a)price
b) fees
c) if the party (buyer) was on the list of DVC for infoormation but chose resale instead. Do you thinK?

Good as guess as any. However, I'm coming to the position that it is completely random. For example, every fouth contract that comes in for OKW. Or every other contract for BCV.

I say this because folks are getting ROFR'd at 72 per point and others get thru at 71? Makes no sense.

I remember when we bought one of our resales being told by our salesperson that Disney has some kind of an ROFR meeting one day a week where they make their decisions. I can't remember what day that was. This was probably a year ago so I don't know if it still is like that.

Good luck to all of you out there waiting...we bought another resale earlier this year and are glad that at the time there was almost no ROFR activity. I do remember that it was iffy though a year or so ago with our first resale. We are kinda sorta thinking of 1 more very small add-on but have to wait for the end of the year...who knows what it will be like then!

Las,

What you say make sense becuse some folks wait longer than others. Maybe they have a meeting every 10 days or twice a month. They probable sit around a table and discuss what has come in and make decision based on the wait list. No one know for sure!

When we were waiting to hear for ours, I remember reading something that Dean had posted about how Disney met on Wednesdays to go over the resale contracts they had received. But he wasn't sure if Wed. was still the meeting day. Even if they do meet once a week, someone posted that they might not get through all of the ones they have on that day, some would have to wait until the following week. I would hope that they look at them in the order in which they have been received. I don't think there would be any computer program involved, but who knows?

We heard in 11 days, but only because I called our broker to check the status. If I had left it up to them I still might be waiting to hear! I wouldn't offer more at this point, and if it's already at Disney I don't know that you could yet anyway. What day did your broker say it was submitted to Disney? Sending pixie dust your way!

CLC Tiger Pom Mom :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter