• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWI vs. YC vs. BC

ufgator

DIS Veteran
We've stayed at BWI and loved it. For those who have stayed at all 3 or at least 2, why would we (DH and I) want to stay at YC or BC instead of BWI? I know about stromalong bay. BWI is close to Epcot and has so many shops and restaurants right there but our room was really quiet. We want to stay at all of the deluxes (have GF, BC and YC left; done all moderates already) but not sure if we want to stay at BC or YC. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks. :)

I've stayed at YC and BWI and I'd choose BWI, hands down. I think it's prettier and, well, I just like it. :) YC was nice, but a little bit bland IMHO.

FWIW, BWI is really neck-and-neck with GF in my book. We're staying at GF this time because we have a kiddo and want the monorail convenience, but I miss BWI!

However, it's not like the YC is horrible -- if you want to stay at all the deluxes, then I'd go for something different. However, based on a visit there, I might lean toward BC.

I've stayed at the BC twice and I've stayed at the BWV once. Personally, I prefer the BW and would stay there again in a hearbeat. For me, Stormalong Bay is great but at the age of 44 it isn't a determining factor to where I stay.

Having said that, my family and I are staying at the BC in late july! Why? Because I am in the minority opinion. My three boys do think Stormalong Bay is important and my wife likes the BC better than the BW.

I prefer the BW because of the things such as the layout of the resort, the atmosphere on the actual boardwalk area, the lobby, the Belle View room in the morning for coffee. and the porch overlooking the water and the green grass lawn. The pool is just fine with me. However, ny staying at the BC I get to enjoy almost all of that anyway.

For the ones who have stayed at the Beach Club and Boardwalk....

I just returned from a stay at the Poly. We want to try either the BC or BWI next year. One of the determining factors for my DW would be the size of the room and the bathroom.

Our room at the Poly had 2 queen beds and a daybed. And the bathroom had double sinks AND was all-inclusive within the bathroom door (did I make that clear?).

Tell me about the rooms at BC and BWI....

Thanks....

My wife and I (both in our early 30's) returned right before Memorial Day after having split our stay between Poly and BWI. The bathrooms in our room at BWI had dual sinks. However, only the shower and toilet were behind a door. There is a wall that separates the sink area from the bedroom area. But, there is no door to close to prevent light from shining on others in the room. The rooms were spacious. They didn't have the third "sleeping" type area with the daybed. But, it had a table with two chairs and another sitting chair. We much preferred the BWI over Poly. It was more our style.

In the past, we have stayed at BC. We loved the resort. But, if given the choice between BC and BWI. We would definitely choose BWI.

AUPr8Hd....

Thanks for the info....that's exactly what I was looking for...

During our 3 day stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, the room was similar to what you described....2 sinks, but outside of the shower and toilet area.

That was probably what DW liked most about the Poly was that the sinks were inside the bathroom with the shower and toilet.

hmmm.....decisions, decisions.... :crazy:

Stayed at both, hated the BC, *LOVED* the Yacht Club. Its Yacht Club vs Boardwalk here people, and Yacht Club wins!

This may be a little off subject, but we will be staying in BWI for the first time in October, and I was wondering if anyone has a link to some pics of the Boardwalk. I've seen the ones on AllEars about 9 million times :p But I'm so excited about going I just want to see more!!

Thanks!!! :wave2:

momimouse27 said:
This may be a little off subject, but we will be staying in BWI for the first time in October, and I was wondering if anyone has a link to some pics of the Boardwalk. I've seen the ones on AllEars about 9 million times :p But I'm so excited about going I just want to see more!!

Thanks!!! :wave2:
Tagrel's site has a nice slideshow of the pool. The room pictures though are DVC.

ufgator said:
We've stayed at BWI and loved it. For those who have stayed at all 3 or at least 2, why would we (DH and I) want to stay at YC or BC instead of BWI? I know about stromalong bay. BWI is close to Epcot and has so many shops and restaurants right there but our room was really quiet. We want to stay at all of the deluxes (have GF, BC and YC left; done all moderates already) but not sure if we want to stay at BC or YC. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks. :)
Hmm. What did you like about BWI - the decor, location...? We've stayed at BWV and BCV and BC. We've never stayed in the Inn section but all other amenities are the same. We prefer the SAB pool area but as someone mentioned if that's not a big factor. You have Epcot with both. The walk to MGM is closer at BWI. I've only been in the lobby at the YC and it is more formal - similar to BW. BC is more - - casual isn't the right word becauset that implies "Beach House" which it is not - less formal I think would be the best description. Try somewhere new. I want to try YC because we have not stayed there. We enjoyed our stay at BW this year.

We prefer the YC decor to the BC decor. You can look at the pictures on allearsnet.com and see which you like.

I stayed at BC back in 1992. Had a good time and really liked it but continued to try new resorts even moderates and values afterward. THEN I tried YC (wasn't really excited about it because I figured I'd already tried BC). It's hard to explain but YC is just ME!!! I've stayed there 4 times now and can't seem to book a trip without at least a couple of days there. Last year we stayed Poly LV CL and booked two days before at YC. I'm returning to YC next week for a "quickie" trip because my next 7 day stay there is in July 2006 and I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to go back!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter