BWI vs BC

• BWI water view room

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • BC garden view room

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Wendy12

Mouseketeer
I know it's mainly personal preference, but I'm having such a hard time deciding. Which would you choose BWI water view or BC garden view? The trip is in Dec. We have 2 boys, 9 and 6. The BWI room is around $200 more for the week. This will be our first time staying in the Epcot area.
Any opinions or info that will help me decide?!?

BWI is my absolute favorite. I have an 8-year old son and he absolutely loves the BW pool and the entertainment and games in the evening. The theming is fun, we love the ice cream at Ample Hills, the QS at Boardwalk Bakery (also the pizza window and food kiosks) and being able to walk to both EP and DHS. BC is lovely and is a little closer to EP, but you won't be guaranteed a balcony (if you want one) and it's not as lively and fun as BWI (IMHO). If given the choice, I will always pick BWI over BC or YC.

If you are staying for a week and want to experience both resorts, do a split stay! We choose splits often "by design" to experience different resorts.
Couldn't decide for our October F&W trip, so we're doing a BCV/BWV split.:banana: HAVE FUN!:goodvibes

BWI and BC are quite near one another. They are both very fun lovely resorts. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'd save the $200.00 and book at BC.

Last edited:

Yes, BC is just across the lake (short walk) from BWI, so your family can easily enjoy all the benefits of Boardwalk that PP listed. In addition, it's possible (not guaranteed - weather is unpredictable then) you'll be able to swim in December, and if you stay at BC you'll have access to Storm Along Bay. BWV is our home resort and we love the clown slide there, but SAB is special to many kids.

Thank you for all the input! I know I won't regret whichever one we chose. I just can't seem to get myself to cancel either reservation!

If you are staying for a week and want to experience both resorts, do a split stay! We choose splits often "by design" to experience different resorts.
Couldn't decide for our October F&W trip, so we're doing a BCV/BWV split.:banana: HAVE FUN!:goodvibes

We are doing a split stay!:thumbsup2

This will be the 1st part with the 2nd part being CL at AKL. Which I am super excited about as well!!

I have never stayed at the BWI, but have stayed at both the BC and YC. For what its worth, BC might be slightly closer to the International Gateway entrance to EPCOT, but probably only footsteps. Don't think you could go wrong with either choice; however, the pool complex at the BC/YC (Stormalong Bay) in my opinion makes that side of the lake worth it.

That's tough... you can't go wrong with either. We stayed at Beach Club when my boys were around your boys' ages (in a garden view room) and that was probably the better fit at that time. They're a little older now and I think everyone in our family would probably choose BWI water view, but given that it's $200 less, I'd probably just go with BC in your situation.

I just came back from a trip to the BWI and while I enjoyed many aspects of the resort, I did not care for the pool area at all. I found the pool very small, crowded and noisy. I really love Stormalong Bay (as do my three teenagers). We love the BC/YC side of the lake best with the YC being our personal favourite. Really though, you can't go wrong with either choice.

Thank you for all the input! I know I won't regret whichever one we chose. I just can't seem to get myself to cancel either reservation!

We are doing a split stay!:thumbsup2

This will be the 1st part with the 2nd part being CL at AKL. Which I am super excited about as well!!
Our very favorite split stay is a few days AKL CL followed by a stay at an Epcot resort. Have a great time!:goodvibes

I voted for BC because I think it is adorable it had the most amazing Chocolate carasouel last Decembed and Santa, Mickey and Minnie in holiday outfits! We fell in love with the resort! Very close to IG for EPcOT

I just came back from a trip to the BWI and while I enjoyed many aspects of the resort, I did not care for the pool area at all. I found the pool very small, crowded and noisy. I really love Stormalong Bay (as do my three teenagers). We love the BC/YC side of the lake best with the YC being our personal favourite. Really though, you can't go wrong with either choice.
SAB appeals to many, but without a doubt it is a hundred times more noisy and crowded than the pool at BWI.

SAB appeals to many, but without a doubt it is a hundred times more noisy and crowded than the pool at BWI.
It's interesting how we all have different perceptions. I found SAB to have many tranquil areas, even visiting during busy Spring Break times. The great thing with Disney is that there are so many different resorts to appeal to different tastes. :)

Personally I would let the nephew that lives there stay until we sell it but he has 2 cats and 1 dog and am not sure how I feel about the realtor bringing in potential buyers and having the cats up on them or a barking dog. Also there is a HUGE problem that I haven't mentioned here but this nephew called the police on my middle sister and she was arrested because of it. So she hates having him there and wants him out like last month.

It's interesting how we all have different perceptions. I found SAB to have many tranquil areas, even visiting during busy Spring Break times. The great thing with Disney is that there are so many different resorts to appeal to different tastes. :)
I find SAB tranquil, too. I have my very favorite spot and nearly always spend my time in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter