BWI over Swan for $50 more a night

Cshel85

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are coming down with no kids we can get the swan for $206 a night, but we could get the BWI for $260, which would you stay at? WE have been down before and stayed at the Swan but that was 13 years ago, last summer did Wilderness Lodge Club Level with the kids, but we want to be close to DHS this time.:confused3

My husband and I are coming down with no kids we can get the swan for $206 a night, but we could get the BWI for $260, which would you stay at? WE have been down before and stayed at the Swan but that was 13 years ago, last summer did Wilderness Lodge Club Level with the kids, but we want to be close to DHS this time.:confused3

BWI for sure. Are you factoring in the resort fees at Swan & Dolphin??? Those nightly charges are something like $12 or $20/night (I'm sure someone who has stayed there can confirm the amount)....so that eats into the $50 savings...plus you can't get ME if that's something you would use, so you'd have to pay for transportation to and from the airport....just my initial thoughts.

ETA: looked up the resort fee, it is $15.75/night (incl tax) and if you are renting a car b/c of no ME, there is a $15/day parking fee on top of that...

I didn't factor in the resort fees for the Swan, but the $50 difference factors in the fees that BWI. We looked at the Beach Club also, but my husband liked the look of BWI and we plan to be at DHS the most for Star Wars Weekend. I have to say this isn't a resort that I would pick out of all the resorts, but the convenience of being walking distance to Epcot and DHS put us in that hotel area

I didn't factor in the resort fees for the Swan, but the $50 difference factors in the fees that BWI. We looked at the Beach Club also, but my husband liked the look of BWI and we plan to be at DHS the most for Star Wars Weekend. I have to say this isn't a resort that I would pick out of all the resorts, but the convenience of being walking distance to Epcot and DHS put us in that hotel area

I think any one of the 3 Epcot resorts would be great (BC, YC, or BWI) but honestly, for a couples only trip, I think BWI would be awesome! :thumbsup2

I love the Swan and BWI, but having stayed at both, I would pick BWI. The only reason why would be that for such a small difference in price, it's hard not to justify staying in a Disney resort.

Not sure if you're flying, but if you are, keep in mind that there's no ME for the Swan.. In any event, I'd go with BWI ..

...the swan for $206 a night, but we could get the BWI for $260, which would you stay at? ...
I stayed at the Dolphin during a convention and have stayed at BWI. I would easily select BWI. To me Swan and Dolphin are oriented toward business conventions. The theming is very corporate. BWI provides a better feel and theme in my opinion. I also don't like resort fees or being charged to park my rental car and other annoying fees that result in the nightly rate being significantly higher then pitched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter