• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bw, yc or bc?

frogfuzz

Earning My Ears
1. Which has the least spread out rooms. I hate getting stuck far away in a parking lot and you feel like you aren't even in the resort. Plus hubs has knee issues and walking gets hard

2. Which all in all is your favorite

I have always wanted to stay at one of these for the boat to studios and Epcot as we seem to spend a lot of time at these I am sure a water view will be out of price range, but since going Jan 1st with no teen to get extra rooms for am going to stay at one of these

Would really like opinions. I know about the fantastic sand pool , but other than that not much

I haven't stayed at BC yet, but I will be there in 3 weeks. I've done a lot of homework, and I'm pretty sure that BC offers the closest proximity to Epcot. If your hubby has knee problems and you want to stay for the convenience of being close to Epcot and the boats to DHS, I think BC is your best option.

All three of these hotels can have some pretty long corridors. You can help a bit with that by requesting a room near the elevator.

As far as proximity goes, BC is closest to Epcot with BW slightly edging our YC for second closest. But that's for walking. If taking the boat, then BW has the shortest trip to Epcot while YC takes longer because the boat stops at BC before going to Epcot. When going to Epcot from the BC, its shorter to walk directly instead of going over to the dock at YC.

Regarding proximity to HS, BW is closest for walking but be aware its a long walk. Taking the boat from BW involves a stop at YC and then the S&D before getting to HS. If you were at YC, then the boat makes only one stop (S&D) before getting to HS. From the BC you'd have to walk to either the BW or YC dock to catch the boat to HS.

1. Which has the least spread out rooms. I hate getting stuck far away in a parking lot and you feel like you aren't even in the resort. Plus hubs has knee issues and walking gets hard---> The BW's parking lot is pretty far away from most of the room but parking isnt much better at the BC or YC. REmemer, all three have valet parking

2. Which all in all is your favorite--> The beachclub

I agree with the PP, they are all pretty spread out, but you can request to be closest to the lobby. Not sure if it's an option for you, but the Swan/Dolphin are less spread out, in the same vicinity, share the bus/boat transportation and EMH and are less expensive.

We stayed at the YC in Jan and were very pleased, although are room was the furthest point from Epcot, it was still a very quick walk (I think it took 7 min.). We payed for the WV and boy did we get it, stunning! I don't know that I would want that room with a bum knee though!

Of the resorts we've stayed at, I think the Swan had the nicest rooms with the most comfortable beds - the WL was the best for atmosphere - YC had the best view and the BWI was the most fun in the evening! I don't think I can really pick a favorite because each resort has their own thing that we enjoy!

Going the 1st week of Jan.at check-in you should be able to request a room closer to where you would like to be due to lower occupancy. If possible I would pick an arrival date either the 2nd or 3rd, just because alot of the guests may be leaving on Sat or Sun:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We have stayed at all three and prefer the BWI because of the location and the renovated rooms and the quietness of the resort.

YC is our second choice and BC is a last resort, the place is just too crowded, loud and chaotic for us

Thanks for the opinions.

By the parking lot comment is, we have stayed at French Qtr & Riverside and they put us where it felt like a Motel 6 it was just our , no disney atmosphere at all just our building, road and parking lot, so we got moved closer to interior .

1. Which has the least spread out rooms. I hate getting stuck far away in a parking lot and you feel like you aren't even in the resort. Plus hubs has knee issues and walking gets hard

2. Which all in all is your favorite

I have always wanted to stay at one of these for the boat to studios and Epcot as we seem to spend a lot of time at these I am sure a water view will be out of price range, but since going Jan 1st with no teen to get extra rooms for am going to stay at one of these

Would really like opinions. I know about the fantastic sand pool , but other than that not much

Boardwalk has the furthest parking lot, plus if there is a convention at the hotel during your stay, you may have to park in the secondary lot which is about 2 blocks away.

If you request a room closest to Epcot the walk is about 5-10 minutes, but it is the furthest from the common areas. You'll walk 2 or 3 hallways to get to the common area and Stormalong Bay then.

Is your heart set on one of the Deluxe? POFQ is the smallest most intimate resort and the walking is limited.

We are just back from yet another wonderful stay at the BWI:cloud9: The cast members at the Innkeepers Club on the Concierge Level were wonderful as usual and everyone was bright and cheerful. We did not run into one negative person our whole trip at the resort or in any of the parks. The food was up to par and despite the rain we still had a blast. I would never hesitate telling someone to stay at the Boardwalk. The location and the atmosphere can't be beat. I can't wait to go back for my girl's trip in October:cool1: DH & I are trying to decide if we are going to brave July next year or what other time we could make it. With DD's sports we don't have much choice anymore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter