BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

Allie, SO PROUD OF YOU!!!:woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2: What a warrior!! A PR when you're not even feeling well..WOW!!!

NYcpa/Kathy..hmmmmm, losing ground wouldn't have anything to do with TAX SEASON would it?? :rolleyes: Goodness!! Look at all that you DID do!!:thumbsup2

Jackie, taking a break after all that you have been through is perfectly understandable! Don't beat yourself up!! A change of schedule for a while will do your body good! :flower3:

Mickey T, you are doing so well! While you are sitting in that chemo chair, visualize Buzz with his ray gun zapping the bad guys!! :upsidedow

Wendy, glad you are back from "vacation!" Now really relax with some me time out on your walking routes/TM!! ;) (I know..after a week's worth of laundry and catching up with work....)
Duane, Great job on getting that ten miles in!! :cheer2:

Drumroll, please... I RAN THIS MORNING!!! Apparently the mood struck at 5AM. Just in case I got everything ready last night and set the alarm, but my body was wide awake at 4:50. I tried to tell it that it could go back to sleep, but it told me to stop being a slug and get my lazy butt out of bed. The first 2.5 were tough, then suddenly I felt like I could go forever. Unfortunately I don't think my boss would understand, so I stopped at 3.75 and am now getting ready to get in the shower and get ready for work!

Have a great day Buzzies!

Jackie

Way to go Jackie. I worked last night and just got home to your Enthusiasm! WOW. And on a Monday morning too!:woohoo: When I get up later I'll try and match your 3.75. Getting outside after a weekend of night shifts is gonna feel soooo gooood. (You see Allie, it is contagious.)

Sorry I have been bad and had a few crappy weeks. I hate computers and SPAM attacks! 280,000 emails in less then 24 hours with 95% being SPAM & Viruses:mad: can really screw-up your plans.

I have not posted my stats for the last two weeks sooooooooooo... Here it is.

W/E 03/20

5.74 miles
3 hours

W/E 03/27
42 Miles
2 hours 29 mins.

Waaaaa...
I'm back. I went on vacation, forgot to post my small miles before I left. We were at Lake Tahoe, had a wonderful 3-miler (although hard to breathe), and woke up sick the next day. Still sick, and it's respiratory, which means I shouldn't run IMHO.
I've also stopped getting my emails when someone posts to the thread, which isn't good for me!
Anyway, back to the gym tonight and we'll see how it goes.
So nice to "see" you all again.

Hi Buzzies,

Kathy (Valentine) – How’s show practice going?
Allie – Congratulations on the 5k PR!:woohoo:
Wendy – Sounds like you had a nice family vacation….and a stroll on the beach sounds wonderful!
Duane – Enjoy the post race season. I’m sure it will be too hot & humid soon to do much of anything. Great job on the 10 miler!
Pat – Hope your weather is improving so you can get outside. Sleet & Thunder….what a combination.:scared1:
Jill – Glad to hear you have been able to get outside. So…have you done any geocaching lately?:upsidedow
Cam – Hope you are feeling better. Have you gotten your hearing back in your one ear yet? :hug: :wizard: How’s the VR planning going? I keep wanting to get over to your VR Journal, but just haven’t had the chance. Heck, I haven’t even been doing very well at keeping up here & even worse at keeping up the Wish Weekly Thread.:rolleyes1
Leslie – Welcome back from your vacation. Sorry you got sick. Hope you are feeling better soon!:wizard:
Anne – Great job on the training! How’s the foot holding up? Minnie weekend will be here before we know it.:yay:
Eva – Hope training is going well.
Kathy (NYcpa) – Don’t know how you have time to get in any mile/minutes during tax season. :worship: You’re doing GREAT!
Jessica – Great job getting in some miles/minutes in spite of the weather. I wish I had some warm/sunny weather to send you, be we haven’t had much of that lately in Central Jersey….but at least it isn’t snowing here.
Cindy – Congratulations on the National Half Marathon!:thumbsup2
Michelle – Congratulations on joining a gym. How are you liking it?
Chris – Hope you are feeling better. :wizard: Thanks for keeping track of our Miles/Minutes & letting us know how we are doing!
Jackie – Congratulations on getting out there for a run!:woohoo:
Mike – Congratulations on your first 8 miler! And….I’m with Anne, visualize Buzz with his ray gun zapping the bad guys!
John – :love:

As for me…..Lots of LTO so haven’t been getting in all the workouts I would like. Hopefully that will get better soon. Been helping Sean(DS) & his GF paint the baby’s room. Took 3 coats of primer on the molding/trim/doors to cover the dark stain, before we could even paint. That was a heck of a workout in itself. :lmao: Marie (Sean’s GF) fell last week at work. Thankfully both her & the baby are fine, but she does have a sore back, so she hasn’t really been able to do much in helping with the room. The one plus to Marie falling is that when we were at the hospital with them while they were monitoring her to make sure everything was ok with the baby, they did any ultrasound and John & I got to see the baby. That was AWESOME!

Here is my totals for the week 3/21 – 3/27:

Miles – 27.35

Minutes – 6:13 (unless paining counts….if it does, then you can add another 6 hours to my time)

To Infinity and Beyond….one step at a time!

Waaaaa...
I'm back. I went on vacation, forgot to post my small miles before I left. We were at Lake Tahoe, had a wonderful 3-miler (although hard to breathe), and woke up sick the next day. Still sick, and it's respiratory, which means I shouldn't run IMHO.
I've also stopped getting my emails when someone posts to the thread, which isn't good for me!
Anyway, back to the gym tonight and we'll see how it goes.
So nice to "see" you all again.

Welcome Back! So for the last two weeks I have you down for 3 miles and roughly an hour? Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Hope you feel better. I agree resting is probably the best thing for anything respiratory.

Thanks everyone. It is difficult to keep up sometimes with all the numbers, but it's a great motivator for me.

I am feeling much better and have put in some good miles lately. I have just over a month until my first Half Marathon so I'm excited about that. Weird doing a Full before a half I know. :rolleyes1

We're finally into April and the weather should be making a turn for the good any day now. We're in the 50's here, but I expect another cold shot before all is said and done.

Chris -- Thanks again for all your hard work and conscientiousness in keeping the numbers straight!

Karen -- Thank God Marie and the baby are okay. Is she still working? Please tell Sean I send a hug and good WISHes! How sweet of you to help paint the baby's room! Do Sean and Marie have their own place? Or are the "grands" helping them get a start?

Thanks for asking about my hearing. It is still almost non-existent on the left side. There is a "roaring" sound in it once in a while and it always feels like there is water in it. I am in major denial and avoiding going to the ENT in the hopes it will clear up very soon on its own. It has been like this since we flew into Denver on 3/15 and then drove through the mountains. UGH!

Thanks for asking about my hearing. It is still almost non-existent on the left side. There is a "roaring" sound in it once in a while and it always feels like there is water in it. I am in major denial and avoiding going to the ENT in the hopes it will clear up very soon on its own. It has been like this since we flew into Denver on 3/15 and then drove through the mountains. UGH!

Ok, Cam (speaking in my best no-nonsense I'm the Mom I know best voice) you'd better get yourself to the ENT girl! You're going to be flying again in about a month for Minnie, you definitely want this cleared up before then!!

And to the rest of the team - :flower3:

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

I remember reading that if you ride a bike you count miles and minutes. What about the eliptical? Is it just minutes or do you also count miles? I started back at the gym this week so I have a couple of days of eliptical.

Thanks!!!

Oh BUZZIES!!!!..... Michelle is having a BIG birthday with a Pretty number this month. :cool2: :rolleyes1

Hope you have a great one Michelle! :hug:

Oh and BTW, I am too, a little later this month. :goodvibes

Oh and Mike, sending you healing today. :goodvibes Hope yesterday wasn't too bad. :sick:

[Oh and Mike, sending you healing today. :goodvibes Hope yesterday wasn't too bad. :sick:

Thanks Allie
Yesterday was kinda a blur. Today was much better. Got on the elliptical for 30 minutes and felt much better afterward. :flower3: I truly believe there is healing(both physical and spiritual) in what we do. So glad I found y'all to share it with. Mike

Oh BUZZIES!!!!..... Michelle is having a BIG birthday with a Pretty number this month. :cool2: :rolleyes1

Hope you have a great one Michelle! :hug:

Oh and BTW, I am too, a little later this month. :goodvibes

Oh and Mike, sending you healing today. :goodvibes Hope yesterday wasn't too bad. :sick:

Thanks so much, you too!! I'm celebrating with a 5k at Knott's the weekend before. A couple of years ago I would not have even imagined running/walking 3 miles on purpose:rotfl: I feel so much better at 40 than I did at 30.

Thanks Allie
Yesterday was kinda a blur. Today was much better. Got on the elliptical for 30 minutes and felt much better afterward. :flower3: I truly believe there is healing(both physical and spiritual) in what we do. So glad I found y'all to share it with. Mike

Glad you felt better after the exercise. We're glad your here with us! :grouphug: What a wonderful journey this is!

Thanks so much, you too!! I'm celebrating with a 5k at Knott's the weekend before. A couple of years ago I would not have even imagined running/walking 3 miles on purpose:rotfl: I feel so much better at 40 than I did at 30.

I feel the same way. I plan to be much healthier in my 40's than I ever imagined being in my 30's. I used to just shake my head a runner's before. :sad2: I just didn't understand WHY anybody would WANT to do something like that. Once you get started, you're hooked though. :rolleyes1 Good luck on your 5K and don't forget you get to count the miles as double for the race. :thumbsup2

Glad you felt better after the exercise. We're glad your here with us! :grouphug: What a wonderful journey this is!

I feel the same way. I plan to be much healthier in my 40's than I ever imagined being in my 30's. I used to just shake my head a runner's before. :sad2: I just didn't understand WHY anybody would WANT to do something like that. Once you get started, you're hooked though. :rolleyes1 Good luck on your 5K and don't forget you get to count the miles as double for the race. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reminder!!!

Hello everyone. Lot's of good stuff going on. Cam - get tot he DR, they can probably take care of it very easily.

Chris, thanks for all you do to keep this up. I too did a full marathon before I did a half. BIG difference, you will enjoy it.

Slow week:
Running: 17 miles time 160 minutes

Cross Train: 60 minutes.

That's about it for me.

Let's go team!
Duane

:bday: Happy birthday Michelle!!!

Have a fun race!

Fun week!
Miles 18
minutes - 5 1/2

volleyball is going great! The girls I coach have been in 3 tournaments and have 3 silvers!
My team has is 14-1 (I think). We had the best match we have had in years this week. Both teams were on fire! It was such a blast. However, I'm not quite in that kind of shape anymore. Running slowly long distances is a lot different than jumping and sprinting to the ball.:scared:

We got a new boat last night! Woo hoo! Really looking forward to getting out to the lake and teaching the kiddos how to ski! It's so dang cold here again! Can't wait to see a little sunshine and warm days! Come on spring!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter