BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

FYI: Any miles done in an event count as DOUBLE!!
Well, that's cool!
I've go the 24-hour stomach flu going on with the kids, so now that my legs are recovered from Sunday, I can't go to the gym or out for a run when they're in school. I'm just grateful I haven't picked it up. Maybe tomorrow...

bjkb/Jill, Way to set a goal!! What does the course look like, i.e. flat? hilly? FYI: Any miles done in an event count as DOUBLE!! :woohoo:

Lincoln is flat and friendly. Ran it last year in the cold rain. Big, big scary storm came through that night with LOTS of tornados all around! Yikes:scared: Hoping for a little better weather this year!

Cool on the double for events. So really, it will be like running a FULL marathon! (That's what I'll tell everyone!:rolleyes1 )

Thanks for posting. Take care all!
Jill

Okay, I'm here to confess that I'm a terribly weak link in the BUZZ team right now. I did get out and run on Saturday...well, walk and attempted a run, but it was more like my lungs screaming at me that I was insane. Then it snowed and rained and snowed and it's been cold. I should just do some home workout, but really the weather is making me soooo sleepy.

So I apologize in advance for not contributing a lot this first week. If Mother Nature would just cooperate, I'd be doing way better. :)

IheartDL/Leslie, so sorry for the troops...but YOU get to the Airborne or drink lots of fluids or WHATEVER that will keep that evil stuff away from you!! :upsidedow
bjkj/Jill, PLEASE let there be better weather this year! What a great looking event!! A FREE pastathon?? A flat and fast course..marathoners can switch to half marathon (but not the other way), a souvenir one time use chip..sounds so cool!! :banana:
Jusacus/Jessica, soooo, did you start your running? How's it going?:listen:
Valentine/Kathy, Dance rehearsals this week got you going? What a fun show..at least for a person in the audience!! :rotfl:
goofyinohio/Chris, you should get training time for handling all of our times/miles! Thanks so much for heading that up!! :thumbsup2
keenercam/Cam, Miss you terribly, but totally understand!! Just know that good thoughts are always headed your way every day!!:flower3:
WDWFAN9/Pat, Check out the site for the NE race Jill is signed up for. http://www.lincolnrun.org/marathon.htm I didn't see any pace requirement. The last half marathoner finished in 4:58! We could add this to our 50 state list!! :idea: and yes, I see that new race in your siggie!! :dance3:
CynthiaCindy/Cindy, how's the cross training coming along? Sticking with the crunches?:cool2:
AuntieM03/Michelle, enjoying your week off?? :goodvibes
MouseDogMom/Jackie,
The good news is that I saw my chiro/active release guy this morning, and he said there is no stress fracture - it's all muscular. OH MY GOSH! He started working on it, and I literally came off the table while screaming in pain. But this is improvement
:scared1: Hope you've been resting and stretching!!
Duanerice/Duane, haven't heard from you on how your half went. You OK? :confused3

TM tech just departed. After 9 years, I get new felt for my TM. I know, TM's don't use felt any more, but, hey, as long as they can keep replacing the parts, I'll keep paying the maintenance contract! :rotfl2:

Whoa, my 3rd post in one day!!! Don't get use to it, though..;)

IheartDL/Leslie, just heard back from our mighty Panda about counting your coaching miles:
Usually those coaches are not only running the course but going back to run with people who are lagging behind. So she probably did the double for real. So sure, I'd say let her count it.
WAY TO GO!!!

There is that annoying buzzing noise again. I'm going to have to get bug lights for the WISH Board.

Scampering off now.

Walking Panda:hippie:

Hi Gang, I'm back, just really busy at work. I am going to post my miles today since I am leaving tomorrow for a cruise. Just a 4 nighter to Cozumel, but I can't wait! And yes I am taking my work out clothes :)

I did run the in first half marathon ever in Ft Myers. The Hooters to Hooters. It was awesome. I was toying with the idea of running a 2 hour half, but in training, I had never run that far with 9 minute miles. I ran with a friend of mine with the agreement that if all goes well I'd take off at the bridge which was 7 miles in. Now this is a BRIDGE, over and back. All went well so I continued and actually picked up the pace a bit. Bottom line I finished @ 1:56. That is a PR for me because I have never run a half before. I started with a full then worked down to a half.

After the race, which of course ended at Hooter's, they had all the normal stuff, bagels, energy drinks, bananas, etc. But they also had Hooters wings and beer served by the Hooter's "servers". And I even got a Hooter's medal!

So, since I was in a race I get to double my miles right?
13.1 X 2 = 26.2
The only other time I ran was tonight and I did 3 miles.

Totals for the week were 29.2 miles
Hours: 3:45

I'll talk to everyone next week! Go get em BUZZ Team!!!

Duane

I finished @ 1:56. That is a PR for me because I have never run a half before. I started with a full then worked down to a half.

Totals for the week were 29.2 miles
Hours: 3:45

Duane

You Rock Duane!!!!!

WDWFAN9/Pat - Lincoln is a good place to go. We even got two shirts! A tech shirt for participating and a finishers shirt! Cool. It was a nice course, a little narrow in spots but fun! Check it out!

If you're looking for one in Kansas, the Eisenhower marathon is great. It's in Abilene. Very small and fun. Even though the town is itty, bitty it has a lot to see and do.

Good luck!

Okay, another week as a spectator. Basketball playoffs. The boys lost, but the girls won substate. Still undefeated. Their first game is tonight. Hopefully they win and we'll take a roadtrip to see them play in the semi finals and finals.

My girls volleyball team is coming along. They're really getting it!

My adult team won our first two games. Woo Hoo. We should be able to play in the league we want now!

As for this week's miles. Pretty low. 11.1
Time is better - 6.33

Have a great weekend everyone!

Go Falcons!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:
(Go Buzzies too!:cheer2: )

WDWFAN9/Pat - Lincoln is a good place to go. We even got two shirts! A tech shirt for participating and a finishers shirt! Cool. It was a nice course, a little narrow in spots but fun! Check it out!

If you're looking for one in Kansas, the Eisenhower marathon is great. It's in Abilene. Very small and fun. Even though the town is itty, bitty it has a lot to see and do.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! I will be planning for 2009 in a couple of months, I've already stretched my budget and vacation time for 2008. There are just so many great events and a limited amount of $$$ and time. Darn, I hate when the real world gets in the way!!

My totals:

63 minutes
4.04 miles.

Guess it's a start, but hope for much better next week. :goodvibes

Jessica, GREAT job! Keep it going!! :cool1:
Jill, FANTASTIC on you basketball wins! :banana:
Duane, A sub 2 hour 1/2!! AMAZING!!! :woohoo:

Oh, Captain Kathy....we need to update our team roster on the first page! :surfweb:

Team mate MouseDogMom (Jackie) has an event this weekend. Make sure you stop by the Race Reports/Encouragement thread to show our support there as well as here!! Have a great event, Jackie!! Be safe!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Totals for this week:
13.31 miiles
247 minutes

:goodvibes Anne

Quick fly by post!

Total for 2/26 - 3/6:

Miles: 16.46

Hours/Minutes:
4:59 (should've run 1 minute longer:sad2: )

Good Luck Jackie! :cheer2: :cheer2: If I lived closer, I'd come spend the night with your storm hating cutie pie. :hug:

Sorry I didn't do as well as last week, but with softball 4 nights this week, and taking DS to get his driver's permit, and the huge dinner the teens are putting on at church tomorrow, I haven't had time. I'll do better next week.

Go Buzzies!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Well, both kids are finally off to school today, and everyone's well! I haven't been able to run because they've been home for the past three days. I"m heading for the trails after I drop them off, but meanwhile last week's numbers (and I'm counting the marathon double, because even if I was coaching, I was still out there doing it, right?)

Miles: 56.5
hours: 8:52

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!

My totals for this week are 6.5miles, 183 minutes.

My goal is to double that next week.:yay:

Quick weekly mileage post - I'll catch up this weekend.

24 miles
4 hours 14 minutes

The miles are all running this week, but the time does include some ab work.

Next week should be a big week for me. I did a 7 mile tempo run this morning and have a 16 miler scheduled for Sunday.

Glad I have a race this weekend so you guys believe I actually run, 'cause once I post this you may not... I DID NOTHING ALL WEEK! My ankle hurt really really bad for a couple of days and I was scared to even walk more than to go to work, and the alarm kept turning itself off in the morning :rolleyes1 when I'd planned to do upper body stuff. Major LTO. Cross your fingers that the weather is good enough that I actually get to finish this half tomorrow and report the full 13 miles next week!

So...

Miles 0
Hours 0

Allie - Thanks for the offer to stay with Mystic. Wish you were local too! I could leave town without any worries (well, other than running in a small typhoon...)

Jackie

Good afternoon Buzzies….

Leslie – Glad everyone is feeling better. Congratulations on the Half & doubly so for coaching.
Kathy (NYcpa) – Congratulations on meeting your BT challenge! Oh….and a new bike…very cool! Hopefully it will warm up for you soon so you can get out there on it.
Jessica – Welcome! Congratulations on a great first week.
Wendy – Sorry your Doc visit didn’t go to well. It is now March, weather should be getting better, and Spring will be in the air before you know it. It will give you the motivation you need & your BP will get back under control.
Allie – No apologizes, you did great this week. Congratulations to your DS on getting his Driver’s Permit! :thumbsup2 :scared1:
Jill – Yay for getting outside. I got a couple of walk/runs done outside this past week. It was so great being outside instead of on the TM. The Lincoln Half looks like a great race. I’ll have to keep it in mind for the future.
Kathy (Valentine) – Hope rehearsals haven’t been as crazy this week & you were able to have more me time.
Chris – That’s great you got out for a nice family walk. Those are always fun!
Anne – How’s your foot holding up? No, unfortunately the cruise is not the Penguin cruise. We had already made plans with friends, and although they do go to the gym with us, they don’t do races, so we couldn’t ask them to switch to the Penguin cruise. But heck….that’s a reason to go back and do another Alaskan Cruise….right? :lmao: About 2 1/2 months till you can call us grandparents. His due date is May 21st. Time is really going by fast.
Duane – Hope you are enjoying your cruise! Congratulations on the Half! You Rock! :thumbsup2
Pat – I’m looking forward to see what races you pick for 2009. You really seem to find some great ones. I am so with you on the so many great events, but limited $$$ & time. We all need to hit the lottery. :lmao:
Jackie – Good luck on your Half tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that the weather improves for you. Hope the ankle is feeling better.
Cindy – Wow….you certainly do have a big week coming up. :wizard: for a good 16 miler on Sunday.
Cam – Hope work has eased up for you a bit this week & you were able to get some time to de-stress.
Eva – :wave2:
Michelle – :wave2:
John – :love2:

As for me….Got outside today to do my 5 mile LW/R. I was supposed to do it this weekend, but 1st – tomorrow is my birthday so didn’t feel like doing it then, and 2nd – the weather isn’t going to be too good all weekend. Choice was do it today outside on tired legs (from last nights workout) or wait until Sunday & do it on the TM. Had to pick today. LOL Legs were heavy the entire time, but at least it is done.

Here’s my numbers for the week (2-29 – 3-6)

Miles – 34.2

Hours/Minutes – 10:06

Have a GREAT weekend Buzzies!
To Infinity and Beyond!

Hey Everyone!!!

I see everyone has been doing wonderfully!!!

Anne... GMTA!! I was just thinking the same thing about updating the roster... I guess you notice those things since you are a roster kind of gal!

Karen.. Nope.. no me time.. still crazy rehearsals!!!!

Okay.. I will update all tonight.. since tomorrow I leave to spend the weekend with our very own Cam & Howard :) YAY!!! Hey cam.. maybe we can get a nice walk in on Sunday morning! Do those miles count as double if we do them with another team member???? LOL!!!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter