Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters is the Hardest Game Ever.

NoWindows&NoDoors

Earning My Ears
I know where to shoot but I can't get above level 4.

How in the WORLD do kids get L-7. I am assuming the ride breaks down and they just keep shooting, or maybe they hit the secret spot on Zurg, but seriously...

any level 6 or 7 people here?

My highest is 216900 points. LOL On my last few rides the targets have not been lit up.....if the ride does break down you can shoot but it doesn't count, it broke down on us twice last trip and I got NO extra points but the targets were lighting up. :( What secret spot on Zurg? I know about the secret spots in the tunnel but not on Zurg! LOL

i GUESS there is supposed to be a little spot where his "belt" would be that when you shoot it it gets you 50k per hit. I have never hit it and it is in the room where giant zurg is shooting at you and your cart turns toward him. maybe it doesn't exist but I'm pretty sure it does.

What are the secret tunnel spots???

When you go through the dark tunnel between rooms, aim up towards the ceiling and to the left. (Maybe to the right, too? I seem to always be sitting on the left.) "Hidden" Zurg targets will light up if you hit them! I don't recall how many points they're worth- but they're goodies!

I went over 999999 once on the game. The ride was down/stuck for a good 3 minutes and we were right in front of Zurg. When we got out and we looked at our photos, my actual score 1140000. And yes I did email myself that photo. I usually average 200K to 300K. Dh usually get about 400k to 700k.

I can't wait to ride that! It will be my first time on it next week when I go. *pokes countdown* :cool1:

I love that game, I am a gamer at home. That game is a especially exciting challenge to me. I want to study and learn where the high score spots are but I get to play it only once or twice a trip. Anyone no of a guide for it? I am going to look for the belt spot, that would be great to find it. I think there is a hierarchy of points for each shape: something like square, circle, triangle, then diamond. And of course lit up is the best. I usually get around 300k unless the ride stops.

100K-250K with friends.
350-600K by myself.

Both if constantly moving.

The spot on Zurg isn't his belt, it's on his chest, there is a small spot in the middle of his chest (there is a line running down the center of his chest, just below where his cape is around his neck) hit that spot for 50,000 points. Also, in the last room with Zurg hit the rotating target while it is lit up and you'll get more points than you'll know what to do with...

700,000+ if my wife lets me drive... 1.5 million (roughly) is the best I can get .. so far!

Sweet!! You guys rock!! I'm going to hit that spot on his chest!!
There are 3 targets in the tunnel, one on each side and one on the ceiling.

I wish the targets had still worked the 2 times we were stopped....but I was watching and I didn't get anything for hitting those targets. I thought my scores were high....until I saw booth22's post!!! Holy cow!!!!! I want to get scores like that! LOL It's on for our next trip....I'm going to try to hit all the triangles and that secret spot on Zurg! Thanks for the tips guys and gals!!

Buzz at WDW is way harder. You can't lift the guns up and it's not fun. Boo.

At Disneyland, I don't do the greatest but my husband has gotten over 999,999 before.

Thanks! My hubby kills me on this game too. I've been looking for tips for our next trip. Would it be bad if I didn't share them with him? LOL He doesn't need them anyway. Hee hee

I didn't share with my hubby ...he was sure snoopy about what I was pulling off the printer in a hurry. :rotfl2:

Our highest scores have been when the ride stops for a few minutes, right in front of a great target! :) Otherwise yes, I stink. LOL

Thanks for the link to the cheat sheet, CupidsKiss. :thumbsup2

Buzz at WDW is way harder. You can't lift the guns up and it's not fun. Boo.

You mean the guns at DL actually lift off the ride vehicle? :confused: If so, I might manage to actually hit something! :lmao:

I'm usually level 6 (usually 700,000-900,000 points). And the tunnel has 4 targets--2 on the walls and 2 on the ceiling. I go for the Zurgs and triangle shaped targets as much as possible, with diamonds next along with anything lit or that will activate a higher-point target. Both the first and last Zurgs (the big ones, not the cut-outs) have the targets on them. Also, if you can, just keep hitting the higher point targets--you can keep shooting at them.

I'd have to say that being a husband apparent helps substantially. Once you find out where your gun is hitting (the aim is off on most of the guns) then aim for the triangles. Depending on how fast your finger can click that button you can do pretty well. The diamonds are good backup targets if you can't find anything to hit. Zurg targets net you plenty of points.

The way to break the million barrier is to of course get stuck on the ride at a really good spot. Find a triangle and light it up.

If you aim for circles don't expect to do very well.

My best is around 800,000. Site it in when you start, focus on the triangles (and diamonds), aim for the hidden spot on Zurg's chest, hit the hidden targets in the tunnel, and hope for a breakdown in front of a high value target. I can usually get 300,000 - 500,000 without a breakdown. I still haven't found the hidden target in the last room. I've seen it mentioned many places, but I just can't find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter