• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying WDW Tickets on Ebay

Luvs2camp

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We are planning our first family trip to WDW and staying at Ft. Wilderness in December. Just have a couple of questions regarding the purchase of tickets through Ebay. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? What's the good and bad about it?

Thank you~Mandy :cutie:

I would say it is not worth it. It looks like you are a Fl resident? Probably cheaper to buy those tickets anyway.

Can I purchase FL resident tickets for my in-laws who reside overseas (they will be joining us on our trip)?

If the tickets are leftover days from someone's trip, you cannot use them. The first time it is used, you do a finger scan, and from then on only the finger scanned person can use the ticket. I wouldn't trust anything as important as my vacation to an ebay transaction, even for a brand new ticket. If it is bogus, you will not find out until you are standing at the turnstile and it doesn't work. Then you not only lost money, but you are going to be turned off about it your entire trip.

My suggestion is to sign up for the newsletter at Mousesavers.com. They come out on the 15th of every month. There is usually a link that is only good through the newsletter that offers a discount through undercovertourist and another website which are both reputable. They are a little cheaper than ordering direct from Disney, once I also got a collector pin as a bonus. Free shipping, too.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

There is no way to verify if the tickets are authentic (they're easy to forge) and/or how many days are left on the tickets until you are at WDW. Also, even if they are authentic and have been used, the biometric scan will likely pick up the fact that you aren't the original user of the ticket and you will be unable to use the ticket. Over the years, I've read far too many posts from people who've gotten robbed by purchasing tickets on Ebay. Please don't add yourself to that statistic.

There are some authentic sellers of discount WDW tickets. http://www.undercovertourist.com is one that many of us here on the DIS have used.

Thank you so much for the information. I'll be sure to sign up for that newsletter.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents
1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes

8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading a Fully Used Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes (Including Renewal Vouchers)
16. Price List as of August 3, 2008
17. Comparison Chart of 2007 and 2008 Pricing.

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter