Buying Universal tickets now?

kkendle

DIS Veteran
I am visiting in June with my daughter, most likely Friday June 17th. I noticed on the Universal website that you can prebuy tickets now and if you buy them through Universal, you get in an hour early. I called and was told that the early entry is specifically for the Harry Potter attraction. I am imagining that that area will be super crowded all day so am considering doing this. Opinions? We have been to the Orlando parks many times and visited the Potter attractions there but would like to experience it in CA too although I imagine they will be the same. Thanks!

The way the demand pricing works is you can buy a ticket for full price and use it any time or buy a dated ticket, possibly at a discount for your specific date. I probably wouldn't buy a dated ticket 4 months in advance. The early entry details just say after 4/7 and subject to availability. If your date isn't a full price day it might be worth waiting.

Pretty sure my date is 85 right now and full price is 95. Won't it just go up closer to the date? It is a Friday in June.

Pretty sure my date is 85 right now and full price is 95. Won't it just go up closer to the date? It is a Friday in June.
I guess it might. I'd be more worried about the date changing and losing $85 than saving $10 by buying 4 months in advance. For some people I suppose to potential savings is worth the risk.

That is true although our dates are pretty solid. Anything could happen though. Seems like there would be a huge crowd for the hour early entry if they are offering it to anyone who buys a ticket from their website. Seems like that is where most people would go to buy the ticket.

I've been contemplating the same pre-buy decision for our June trip. We're considering FOL tickets, which puts even more $ at stake if our plans need to change. My worry, like yours, is price increases will occur sometime before summer - and I think it's highly likely they will. I'll probably end up buying in the next few weeks - definitely before the Wizarding World opening.

FOTL tickets...sweet! Too expensive for me. But, I think I read that the tickets will never go above $95 so at $85 now that isn't much difference. Not sure about the FOTL add on but for my date they were pretty expensive...I think an extra $200 each.

I haven't been to Universal since the late 90s. My GF and I are planning to make a trip in August and will dedicate one day to Universal. We're planning to go with the VIP Experience. The price for the two of us...$778! o_O I'm planning to buy soon in case THOSE go up. I'm not sure I could stomach it being more than $800. That's just..well, yeah. Crazy. Haha

I haven't been to Universal since the late 90s. My GF and I are planning to make a trip in August and will dedicate one day to Universal. We're planning to go with the VIP Experience. The price for the two of us...$778! o_O I'm planning to buy soon in case THOSE go up. I'm not sure I could stomach it being more than $800. That's just..well, yeah. Crazy. Haha

Crazy expensive! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter