Buying tickets ahead of time?

heimlichfan

DIS Veteran
We usually do a package but for our upcoming trip we are doing everything ala carte.

My questions is if I purchase tickets ahead of time, can they be transferred to my room key? We are renting DVC points and plan on using the DDP. It will be much nicer to have them all on one thing.

Now that I think about it, can I add DDP to the room even if I get park tickets from somewhere else? :confused3

If you are renting points, the owner of the reservation (DVC member) can add DDP for you even if you buy tickets someplace else.

You need to buy, with your room package, at least a 1 day ticket for each person in your group for each person to be on the Disney meal plans.

So if you stay in your WDW resort for 8 nights - you can buy a 5 day park (hopper) ticket from under cover tourist at a discount and buy with your WDW room package a 2 day park ticket to get DDP or each night of your stay.

I am not sure about the DVC - try the DVC board for more info.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

You need to buy, with your room package, at least a 1 day ticket for each person in your group for each person to be on the Disney meal plans.

So if you stay in your WDW resort for 8 nights - you can buy a 5 day park (hopper) ticket from under cover tourist at a discount and buy with your WDW room package a 2 day park ticket to get DDP or each night of your stay.

I am not sure about the DVC - try the DVC board for more info.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

With DVC reservations you can add the DDP without a ticket package.
The owner must add it no less than 48 hours in advance and it must be paid for when added.

if you stay in your WDW resort for 8 nights - you can buy a 5 day park (hopper) ticket from under cover tourist at a discount and buy with your WDW room package a 2 day park ticket to get DDP or each night of your stay.

That would be possible to do, but it would be a really, really expensive (overpriced) decision.

2-Day MYW: $168
5-day MYW: $251 (The UT ticket savings would be just a few dollars.)
Total, 7 days: $419

but:
7-Day MYW: $267

If you were to buy the Hopper option for two tickets, that would cost
an additional $110.

(All prices, plus tax.)

I have done what you are asking. We have rented points and had the point owner add the DDP for us. We bought tickets from an online discounter and when we checked into the hotel, we went to the concierge desk and they transferred the tickets onto our room key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter