• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying thru Disney..Closing Costs??

Budahman

Mouseketeer
If buying in the minimum of 160 points - thru Disney, what would the closing costs run.? Can this be financed or is it due in cash upfront.?
I tried a search and found nothing, but add-on closing costs and resale closing costs.

When we bought through Disney there were no closing costs. One of the advantages of direct disney purchase. I haven't heard that it has changed.

There are closing costs when you do your initial purchase into DVC. There are no closing costs for adding on more points.

We bought 2 contracts, closing costs were charged for the 1st but not on the 2nd. Closing costs were $235.

Closing costs vary on the amount of your down payment and if you are financing through Disney or not. With the minimum down payment and financing through Disney the closing costs for a 160 point contract are $329.91. Disney will roll those costs into the loan. Costs will go down from there if you put down more then 10%, not financing through Disney, etc.

Hope this helps.

The closing cost are different depending on how you pay for the contract.
If you finance through Disney they are $329. If not they are $235.

If you are currently a member and are adding on, there are no closing costs. (this applies to cash purchases...not sure about financing)

Although much of it is a blur, I believe I was given the option to finance my closing costs. In comparison to the cost of the purchase, we decided it would be more cost effective to pay them outright as opposed to paying interest on them. Fairly simple, we gave the $500 deposit + closing costs over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter