• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying the In Room Beer Package Question

emilyann415

DIS Veteran
I have never purchased an in room beer package, so excuse the stupid question....can one take those beers out of the room or are they treated like beers that I'd just bring on board myself?

I have never purchased an in room beer package, so excuse the stupid question....can one take those beers out of the room or are they treated like beers that I'd just bring on board myself?
Since the alcohol prohibition says "Alcohol brought on board my not be consumed in any lounge or public area". And you can buy a beer in any lounge onboard and carry it around, I'm going to guess that, if you buy their beer package, you can drink it where ever you'd like onboard.

Since the alcohol prohibition says "Alcohol brought on board my not be consumed in any lounge or public area". And you can buy a beer in any lounge onboard and carry it around, I'm going to guess that, if you buy their beer package, you can drink it where ever you'd like onboard.
Makes sense. The beer package for your room would be the same beers they serve on the ship. If I start walking around with a bottle of my "hard to find rare triple brewed fancy beer" someone may notice and wonder where they can get it too. Improbable? Yes.

Thanks....I don't think I've ever bought beer except at dinner so didn't know if it was served in a the aluminum cans or not....

Any beer we've ever bought from room service or even at the pools was in bottles. But I don't know that my husband has ever gotten domestic beer so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

In any event, if you buy an in room package it's fair game to carry around the ship.

I would give the (obvious?) caveat that it wouldn't be cool to take a cooler of beers to a busy bar venue with a server and sit and drink and not order anything. But to carry a random beer around with you is fine. And even showing up at a venue with a drink is fine, just not multiple drinks if that makes sense. They may not kick you out but it would be poor form as the server can't earn a tip.

My husband bought the beer package on our Dream cruise in May. You choose your brand and either 6 or 12 beers, they are aluminum cans and comes in a nice DCL cooler. You can bring the beer anywhere on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter