Buying the DVC AP online...

vellamint

DIS Veteran
When I purchase this.... and get the voucher online...... can I connect it to MDE so I can make Fastpass+? And then when I get to the resort..what is the easiest way of getting the actual pass? Can I pick it up at my resort? If not... is there customer relations at the international gateway?

Thanks!!

When you purchase online, you will be given a confirmation number. You can use this confirmation number in MDE to link the tickets and make FP+ reservations. In the past, we have picked up our tickets just outside of the park we planned to enter on that day.

Here is the text at the bottom of my confirmation email:

Will Call

Pick up your order at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket sales location on or after xx/xx/xxxx.
The Guest named on this confirmation may pick up the Will Call order (up to 6 tickets or passes) on or after xx/xx/xxxx by presenting a valid government-issued photo ID, confirmation number and a valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID at any ticket sales location at Walt Disney World Resort. The Guest will also need to present the original credit card used to purchase the order.

Last edited:
And then when I get to the resort..what is the easiest way of getting the actual pass? Can I pick it up at my resort?
The Resorts can't do anything related to Annual Passes.
If not... is there customer relations at the international gateway?
You can redeem for your actual Pass at any Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location. There are Guest Relations locations at all theme park entrances (including International Gateway), TTC, Disney Springs (DTD) & Water Parks.

When I purchase this.... and get the voucher online...... can I connect it to MDE so I can make Fastpass+? And then when I get to the resort..what is the easiest way of getting the actual pass? Can I pick it up at my resort? If not... is there customer relations at the international gateway?

Thanks!!

Yes you can pick up your AP's at Epcot's International Gateway.

:earsboy: Bill

When I bought 4 online it had me connect each to someone in my friends and family list every time I purchased the ap so I never had to do anything extra. I liked this new method. Remember if you are buying for family to make sure your MDE account is up to date and your folks are all in your list. As soon as I got done I checked tickets in my account and everyone was correct. I had no problem making my FP choices a few days later when my window opened.

International Gateway--if you're also planning to buy a Tables in Wonderland card go to the far left 'guest relations' booth. If you're just activating an AP it can be done at the Ticket booth.

When I bought 4 online it had me connect each to someone in my friends and family list every time I purchased the ap so I never had to do anything extra. I liked this new method. Remember if you are buying for family to make sure your MDE account is up to date and your folks are all in your list. As soon as I got done I checked tickets in my account and everyone was correct. I had no problem making my FP choices a few days later when my window opened.

But you still need to activate or pickup at Ticket or Guest services...right?

Also does anyone know is there still a Guest Services Window outside at Disney Quest?

I purchased my AP online & linked it to MDE just like the PP indicated and I walked through the "personalization" for our magicbands. I received my magicbands and AP vouchers prior to our trip. When I activated our vouchers I didn't receive anything so I thought when I used my magicband to pay they would be able to see I was and AP holder. I was wrong and when I inquired at guest services I was told that nowhere at WDW could print the cards. I didn't realize that cards that say AP holder to show to get the AP discount on merchandise were also suppose to be mailed to us before our trip. This happened last November so I'm not sure if this changed. Hope this helps someone from making the same mistake as me.

I purchased my AP online & linked it to MDE just like the PP indicated and I walked through the "personalization" for our magicbands. I received my magicbands and AP vouchers prior to our trip. When I activated our vouchers I didn't receive anything so I thought when I used my magicband to pay they would be able to see I was and AP holder. I was wrong and when I inquired at guest services I was told that nowhere at WDW could print the cards. I didn't realize that cards that say AP holder to show to get the AP discount on merchandise were also suppose to be mailed to us before our trip. This happened last November so I'm not sure if this changed. Hope this helps someone from making the same mistake as me.

When we renewed our DVC APs over the phone, the discount cards came in the box with the AP MBs. However, your AP card itself can be used for discounts - you don't have to have the yellow card. Either one will work.

X

We only received the magic bands and the vouchers were mailed separately. It was our 1st AP purchase since magic bands were rolled out and we did it online so I didn't question it. We received the vouchers (and only the vouchers-no other cards) and just assumed that we would get the paper AP card when we went to the park to redeem it since that is what always happened in the past. I was really surprised when I was told they could no longer print those and the only AP were available via mail. It made me wonder what happens if you wait and purchase the AP at WDW.

You didn't get a ap at guest relations? I got my new ap in May along with my kids and grandkids and we all got our plastic APs with our names on them. Once we activated our vouchers we got our order online to customized our ap magic bands and received that set with a gold card for each person.

Last edited:
No, we didn't get the paper AP at guest relations and I asked if I was suppose to receive them and was told everything links to the magic band. While making my first purchase I requested the AP discount and was asked for the AP card. The CM was nice and let me show here the AP info on my MDE App. We were staying at the Poly (prior to the DVC opening & on cash). I thought that I had read on the boards that I might be able to get assistance at the TTC to get the paper AP printed but I couldn't remember for sure so I asked asked concierge at the hotel and was told that I could only receive it via mail & I pressed further and said that We just need the paper ticket. She still said can't be done so I asked if there was anywhere on property have them printed because I thought maybe TTC couldn't do it and she assumed that was the only place that I was willing to go but guest relations at a park could & she still said no.

X

We only received the magic bands and the vouchers were mailed separately. It was our 1st AP purchase since magic bands were rolled out and we did it online so I didn't question it. We received the vouchers (and only the vouchers-no other cards) and just assumed that we would get the paper AP card when we went to the park to redeem it since that is what always happened in the past. I was really surprised when I was told they could no longer print those and the only AP were available via mail. It made me wonder what happens if you wait and purchase the AP at WDW.

They still print - we received them when we purchased in May.

What you should now have is a separate AP affiliated band under Magic Bands and Cards in MDE. When you get that I think you still get a card that identifies you as an AP holder. I haven't done that for our new AP's yet - and may not since we have the plastic AP's but the card also can be used for identification as being an AP holder. Last time we got the AP Magic Band, AP card and AP slider.

No, we didn't get the paper AP at guest relations and I asked if I was suppose to receive them and was told everything links to the magic band. While making my first purchase I requested the AP discount and was asked for the AP card. The CM was nice and let me show here the AP info on my MDE App. We were staying at the Poly (prior to the DVC opening & on cash). I thought that I had read on the boards that I might be able to get assistance at the TTC to get the paper AP printed but I couldn't remember for sure so I asked asked concierge at the hotel and was told that I could only receive it via mail & I pressed further and said that We just need the paper ticket. She still said can't be done so I asked if there was anywhere on property have them printed because I thought maybe TTC couldn't do it and she assumed that was the only place that I was willing to go but guest relations at a park could & she still said no.
You got a butt load of bad information from several CMs.

When you exchanged for your AP, the CM should have issued you an AP in the form of a plastic RFID AP Card. It doesn't matter if you already have a MB, you need either the AP Card or AP Discount Card to receive passholder discounts. Also, Disney does not mail MagicBands & AP Discount Cards to non-US addresses, so they need to issue the AP Card at WDW (again, this should be done regardless of you already having a MagicBand).

You should not ask at the Resorts about annual passes because these locations can't issue them. Unless that CM had previously worked at either a park ticket window or guest relations location, they may not have much knowledge about the issuance of them.

Interesting. We purchased annual passes last week and activated them at Animal Kingdom's ticket window (or maybe guest services, the windows didn't seem to be marked). We didn't get any cards at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter