Buying Shares Question

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
Okay, I am Miss Thick here!! And am hoping someone can help me.

Parents have given me the money to get the shares and I know I need to open an account with the Halifax.

My question is that they need a £100 putting in the account, is that in addition to the cost of 20 shares or will they just take the share costs out of the £100?

Thanks

I'M thinking of doing this too. , so I can set the account up with £100 and the €85 euros for the shares will come out of that?

Works out about £73. Does the difference just sit there?:)

I'M thinking of doing this too. , so I can set the account up with £100 and the €85 euros for the shares will come out of that?

Works out about £73. Does the difference just sit there?:)

I should think you'd be able to withdraw it. You can opt to have the dividends paid into the account so if you can withdraw those you should be able to withdraw the remainder of the deposit. After all it is your money. I think they just need £100 deposit just to open the account.

Yes if your using the halifax you just transfer the funds back into your own bank account online:goodvibes

Ok i'm going to open a account now seeing as ive gotten my eurostar tickets for free. Well i'm going to try and open a account LOL.

What are the full share name i need? Can i do this all online?

ETA: The website hates me and keeps going blank when asking for more personal information. Seriously being a halifax customer sucks :lmao:

With halifax first you need to register for an account online and credit £100 to that account. I had to get a passcode sent out in the post I think to login. Then your looking for shares EDL is the code. It was very easy.

With halifax first you need to register for an account online and credit £100 to that account. I had to get a passcode sent out in the post I think to login. Then your looking for shares EDL is the code. It was very easy.

I already have a account with Halifax, its when i go into my account and click share dealing i enter my personal details etc and then it goes blank :confused:

Since I live in the US will I be able to do this? Buy stock that is?

anyone know if this is something you can do in a branch and buy the share straight away instead of waiting for a password?

also why halifax? do any other banks do this, or is it they just offer the best deal?

also why halifax? do any other banks do this, or is it they just offer the best deal?

There are lots of share dealing accounts out there, I'm sure the comparison web sites will be happy to help you find one! A big advantage of Halifax is that they don't charge you an annual maintenance fee, most do and it's not worth it if you only have 5 or 20 Disney shares.

Also, they seem to have the no International commision offer from time to time, so even if you don't catch it this time, you can get an account set up and hope it comes around before you need to buy shares (don't leave it too late.)

I had 5 shares sat in there for the last year, and when they mailed out the offer this week went on and got the extra 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter